Postecoglou Deal Done: “Might “Might as well be White Smoke from the Vatican,” or “Green Smoke from Celtic Park”

i know its not a popular choice but i have a feeling this postecoglou deal is a red herring and that keane and damian duff could be on their way
seven p n
You could be on to something there, don’t know could be a ruse fae the board
To get fans on side then, Oh we didn’t know he did not have a license so we getting near champions league qualifying rounds,but in that case it’s to late to get top Manager so we will have no option but to with as you say old fashioned half back line Keane, Kennedy,and Duff sincerely hope not !

Like you say he's bottom of the barrel, on a level with Pedro Caixinha, in a 25 year long managerial career his only experience of European football was 9 months at a 3rd Division Greek outfit so what is there in Postecoglou's CV that makes you think he'd do any better than Lenny mate?

That 25 point gap could easily be topped by this guy.

Fuck when Caixinha got the bump from the Sevvies Postecoglou expressed an interest in taking over at Ibrokes and even the huns when they were on their arses said naw to this guy!
I don't give a fuck who the new mgr is as long as he brings a defence with him. And a goalkeeper too. If he can accomplish this he'll be a half-decent choice, this would also give us a better chance of regaining the title. HH

I get the apathy toward the appointment but we’re stuck with it
And we’re really giving stick to a guy we have no basis to other than nobody’s ever heard of him 🤣🤣🤣🥳🥳🥳
Wonder why ......
When you look at the task ahead smg,
The 9iar was won with 13 and rising and in a season with so much at stake we go to 25 behind, much of with the same players, so a massive minus 38 point swing.
Now we are expecting a fair few of the better players we had to be leaving, or worse still they decide to stay and run there contracts down and leave for nothing.
Our non existing coaching was there for all to see yet we get the impression that JK had strachan Jr (flowerpot men) will be set to stay if the wizard of oz is going to be appointed.
All of our players have gone backwards in their careers and with others shattered, and we are expecting a whole new host of players to come to the club and put there careers at risk?
Now with this potential appointment with zero experience within European football and little to no knowledge of Scottish football I would expect, and can we honestly expect to make that size of a turn around in only a couple of weeks? The club is in one of the worst shambles for many a long year and can only see this potential appointment making things even worse than they already are imo

When you look at the task ahead smg,
The 9iar was won with 13 and rising and in a season with so much at stake we go to 25 behind, much of with the same players, so a massive minus 38 point swing.
Now we are expecting a fair few of the better players we had to be leaving, or worse still they decide to stay and run there contracts down and leave for nothing.
Our non existing coaching was there for all to see yet we get the impression that JK had strachan Jr (flowerpot men) will be set to stay if the wizard of oz is going to be appointed.
All of our players have gone backwards in their careers and with others shattered, and we are expecting a whole new host of players to come to the club and put there careers at risk?
Now with this potential appointment with zero experience within European football and little to no knowledge of Scottish football I would expect, and can we honestly expect to make that size of a turn around in only a couple of weeks? The club is in one of the worst shambles for many a long year and can only see this potential appointment making things even worse than they already are imo
I get it John
I feel the pain with all
I’m just playing doccos advocate
No matter who it was
Eddie Howe/Steve Clarke there was grumbles
We don’t know this guy
Nobody does

I get it John
I feel the pain with all
I’m just playing doccos advocate
No matter who it was
Eddie Howe/Steve Clarke there was grumbles
We don’t know this guy
Nobody does
We are all expecting a big response from the club Stg after the shitshow of a season we all had to endure last season, and with a rebuild required.
This latest news of a possible appointment can only be treated as an insult to the majority of our supporters

Like you say he's bottom of the barrel, on a level with Pedro Caixinha, in a 25 year long managerial career his only experience of European football was 9 months at a 3rd Division Greek outfit so what is there in Postecoglou's CV that makes you think he'd do any better than Lenny mate?

That 25 point gap could easily be topped by this guy.

Fuck when Caixinha got the bump from the Sevvies Postecoglou expressed an interest in taking over at Ibrokes and even the huns when they were on their arses said naw to this guy!
aye but were different

we'll welcome a hun reject ,,,,it's like all our supporters on hearing the news we were after him went on the shrooms for 12 hrs straight washing them down with chilled buckie

Reading other boards and some off the guff being spouted like give him a chance just get a manager in now ,,,,,,,ffs ,,,,, a support like no other right enough

We are all expecting a big response from the club Stg after the shitshow of a season we all had to endure last season, and with a rebuild required.
This latest news of a possible appointment can only be treated as an insult to the majority of our supporters
It’s an insult because we are insulted m8
They seem to think better of the appointment
Remember doccis advocate Im playing

aye but were different

we'll welcome a hun reject ,,,,it's like all our supporters on hearing the news we were after him went on the shrooms for 12 hrs straight washing them down with chilled buckie

Reading other boards and some off the guff being spouted like give him a chance just get a manager in now ,,,,,,,ffs ,,,,, a support like no other right enough
I get it m8
Yesterday I couldn’t even talk to my weans never mind my pal tony s
Livid
But tonight I’m half pished and convincing myself to be otherwise
You lot ain’t making it easy 😩

On the comment about fans media polishing a turd, I've not had a chance to read what other sites have been saying but I've been chatting to Joe at Video Celts and got the gist of James Forrest's opinion on Celtic Blog. We told you on Friday that Celtic were looking overseas for the new manager and that an appointment was expected this week. The news we reported today was out of Japan (it's a done deal) and Australia (yesterday I arranged for a Celtic supporter who is writing book On Brisbane Roar to give us an insight - an informed not emotional one - into to Postecoglou. He could have said negative things in the article and we'd still have published it as is. The only change made was to change grumpy old bastard to so-and-so for the same reasons that I have to edit Sandman's wonderful ratings.

I was at K-Park today - first time I've ever seen Celtic win 10-0 an it could have been 15 or even 20. The coach is outstanding - tactically, motivation wise, fitness, squad rotation to maximise the contribution from each player - just excellent. A foreign coach , never been in Scotland before , it was never going to work.

Howe is a decent coach. Getting offered the Celtic job should have been the highlight of his career. Turning it down might be this greatest regret. The fact that he did tells those of us who wanted him that we were wrong. I count myself in that category, barking up the wrong tree. It's better to find out now rather than in 3 or 6 months.

Postecoglou isn't to blame for that. When Ronny decided to go the plan was to sound out Moyes and Rodgers and see who was the keenest. Moyes was reluctant believing he could get a Premier League gig, but Rodgers was enthusiastic. Howe wasn't was he and I don't think that he fancied managing in Glasgow and all that involves.

Dom McKay is well aware of my views on a whole range of issues so there is communication channels opening up. He was scheduled to speak to fans media this week or next around the latest at the same time as the new manager.

So I don't know which sites are spinning as accused - but there is an interest and the sites including The Celtic Star have tried to get relevant information to supporters, who like us have been shocked by recent events.

My own view is that 1 July can't come quickly enough. HH

On the comment about fans media polishing a turd, I've not had a chance to read what other sites have been saying but I've been chatting to Joe at Video Celts and got the gist of James Forrest's opinion on Celtic Blog. We told you on Friday that Celtic were looking overseas for the new manager and that an appointment was expected this week. The news we reported today was out of Japan (it's a done deal) and Australia (yesterday I arranged for a Celtic supporter who is writing book On Brisbane Roar to give us an insight - an informed not emotional one - into to Postecoglou. He could have said negative things in the article and we'd still have published it as is. The only change made was to change grumpy old bastard to so-and-so for the same reasons that I have to edit Sandman's wonderful ratings.

I was at K-Park today - first time I've ever seen Celtic win 10-0 an it could have been 15 or even 20. The coach is outstanding - tactically, motivation wise, fitness, squad rotation to maximise the contribution from each player - just excellent. A foreign coach , never been in Scotland before , it was never going to work.

Howe is a decent coach. Getting offered the Celtic job should have been the highlight of his career. Turning it down might be this greatest regret. The fact that he did tells those of us who wanted him that we were wrong. I count myself in that category, barking up the wrong tree. It's better to find out now rather than in 3 or 6 months.

Postecoglou isn't to blame for that. When Ronny decided to go the plan was to sound out Moyes and Rodgers and see who was the keenest. Moyes was reluctant believing he could get a Premier League gig, but Rodgers was enthusiastic. Howe wasn't was he and I don't think that he fancied managing in Glasgow and all that involves.

Dom McKay is well aware of my views on a whole range of issues so there is communication channels opening up. He was scheduled to speak to fans media this week or next around the latest at the same time as the new manager.

So I don't know which sites are spinning as accused - but there is an interest and the sites including The Celtic Star have tried to get relevant information to supporters, who like us have been shocked by recent events.

When you see the scores each week for the SWPL you're left wondering if the teams can defend or if the keepers can save a shot. Celtic 10-0, Glasgow City 6-2, rangers 6-0. There's aways hundreds of goals.

Maybe WC you could inform us of the role the flowerpot men JK and strachan Jr have in any future plans, as it is certainly one of great concerns judging on last seasons preformance.
Would have expected a new manager with a far better coaching staff as I can't see how any manager could expect the turn around needed while those 2 are involved in any capacity

Back