Postecoglou war chest

It's Billy Beane, and while you'd never get him to leave Oakland, you make a good point. There is a lot of talent out there that can be had at less than the overinflated prices some (most?) players are now going for. It takes a little scouting, homework and luck, but in literally a world that plays football (even here) the talent is out there.

No shit Sherlock 🤣🤣

In all honesty, I think his idea of Sabermetrics could be adapted to work in Football

We probably did spend the money backing the 10.
keeping Edouard, Ajer then spending big on Barcas, Ajeti and Duffy.

Probably being a bit cynical of the board here but I think the contracts handed to eddy and ajer were for the benefit of the board. Players sign new contracts and then are sold straight away for more money.....I dont believe eddy or ajer had any intention of staying for 10 in a row. Covid prevented their plans of being sold on so all we got left with was a squad of unhappy players who felt tricked and trapped. Duffy was ajers replacement and ajeti was eddy's replacement....or that was probably the plan. That was the boards plans for the 10....make huge profits on our best players while replacing them with a guy who couldn't get a game for Brighton and another that couldn't get a game for West Ham. They did the exact same thing with Tierney and boli.

Probably being a bit cynical of the board here but I think the contracts handed to eddy and ajer were for the benefit of the board. Players sign new contracts and then are sold straight away for more money.....I dont believe eddy or ajer had any intention of staying for 10 in a row. Covid prevented their plans of being sold on so all we got left with was a squad of unhappy players who felt tricked and trapped. Duffy was ajers replacement and ajeti was eddy's replacement....or that was probably the plan. That was the boards plans for the 10....make huge profits on our best players while replacing them with a guy who couldn't get a game for Brighton and another that couldn't get a game for West Ham. They did the exact same thing with Tierney and boli.
I agree Lubos that ajer and eddy were forced to stay on against there wishes.
All part of the con of the 10iar.
You don't keep unhappy players who have there sights elsewhere, but keep hold to avoid a backlash from the supporters.
Morally wrong to off load Gordon and Hayes who had contributed so much in the success of the trebles.
Throw in huge expensive loan signings to bring money to finally unsettle all in a changing room and very easy to destroy all the harmony that was once within a changing room.
Will always claim last season was created, by a board more interested in lining there own pockets and need sevco scum (SS) to do so.

Members online

Latest posts

Back