Postecoglou... Yes or No? A Poll.

For or Against this guy?

• For

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Against.

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
If you think he's been given the perfect platform to challenge for the title next season then you're so far beyond stupid it's frightening.

Due to the ridiculous way the board has handled the appointment of the manager he's not even going to be in place for the start of pre-season.

I doubt you'll find a Celtic fan anywhere with a functioning brain (which clearly rules you out) that wouldn't excuse him a failure in his first year.

If you think there AREN'T perfectly valid excuses as to why he may not deliver the league next year then your IQ is probably lower than yer shoe size.

You can have the last word on this one of you want cos you aren't worth any more replies from me.
It was never my intention to fall out. I apologise for any offence.

Not enough for a thread but I just wish Duffy would go away and stop trying to justify his disaster at Celtic. Let us lick our wounds, and let it be.

Greetings from Sydney Australia, I can see there are very mixed feelings about the manager appointment, I can totally understand that.

There aren't any guarantees that Ange will be a success, I'd say chances about 50/50 but I will say from my observations of him in Oz that he is a much better club manager than at National team level which was quite frustrating at times.

I think he has gone back to a back four with Yokohama, not the back three he switched the national team to, so if he stays with that, that's a start.

The recruiting side of things I am fairly sure he will get involved with and will have good contacts in Europe. He managed to recruit from Europe very well when he took over Brisbane, only 5 foreign players are allowed in each squad here.

At a guess I'd say a player like Aussie goalie Matthew Ryan who's unsettled at Brighton could be a possibility, also I'd suggest if the central midfield needs more depth signing someone like Jackson Irvine who I've seen interviewed talking very positively about Ange, so there would be no problem with buy in there.

Also another player who could be considered is Daizen Maeda who plays for Yokohama and is just starting to get caps for Japan. I haven't seen him play live but his highlights are very impressive and has 9 goals from 20 appearances so far this season.

Anyhow what I'm trying to say is, it may not be as bad as you think. Good luck for the season ahead, I'll be following it with interest from afar.
That was quite a good prediction from Mystic Meg. I wonder whatever happened to that Daizen Maeda fella at Yokohama? He looked to be a fairly decent player!

Back