Pragmatic Solutions to the virus

I have to take you to task over the ibuprofen comment.

As you rightly say, aspirin, an anti-inflammatory drug exacerbated the impact of Spanish flu on some patients. Anti-inflammatories suppress the activities of white blood cells (the foot soldiers of our immune system) thus making it harder for the body to fight off infection. Ibuprofen is also an anti-inflammatory and has a similar impact on our immune systems. Although there is no science linking this directly with Covid19, that is due to the fact that Covid19 is so new. However, extrapolating from what we do know, it is not an unreasonable claim to make.
Currently there are no known drug remedies for Covid19. Any medical treatment merely targets the symptoms while the patient's immune system fights off the infection. Anything which impairs the immune system is not a good idea. Non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs should be avoided in any case of viral infection. While they suppress the symptoms, they delay the eventual recovery.
Heard doctor on tv ,saying ibropufen,is a a suppressor,and if you are normal you should take paracetamol,otherwise ,if you take ibro on medical advice ,then keep taking ,donโ€™t stop,very confusing and worrying, keep safe all ๐Ÿ‘hh

Having read all your comments, I have to say that's the greatest pile of shite I've read yet. Do you really give a fuck whether football is played at the minute or not?
Your ramblings sound very similar to that clown in Westminster.
Have you watched any of the videos of people suffering from this cunt of a disease? It's pure fuckin torture.
If you're being told to stay at home, then fuckin stay at home.
You say sadly older people will die, what if it's your father, mother, uncle, aunt or grandparent? That's fine by you, because they're old?
It's only people with underlying conditions you say. My son has asthma, so that's ok for you? My brother isn't well at the minute. Is that ok?
Tell that to the parents of the Spanish football coach who died because he had a completely curable disease in lukemia, but couldn't fight this fuckin thing off.
No harm to ye, but you should think before you spout your selfish shite.
Loose words are like a loose cannon!
I sincerely hope that neither you or anyone belonging to you contracts this horrible cunt of a disease.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Well fucking said Deadner.

From the cold, matter-of-fact indifference to the possibility of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people dying to the utterly shameful selfishness of people clearing supermarket shelves by bulk buying leaving nothing for others has been a truly fucking grotesque thing to witness!

Last edited:
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Well fucking said Deadner.

From the cold, matter-of-fact indifference to the possibility of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people dying to the utterly shameful selfishness of people clearing supermarket shelves by bulk buying leaving nothing for others has been truly fucking grotesque!
My brother has cancer ,i normaly go over and visit the end of every month just to check up and make sure he's doin ok , he asked me to stay away as he fears the virus being brought over which is only right , today he called to say he got his shop done for the week and the panic buyers were put in there place by others blocking the tills

They basically shamed the hoarders into emptying there trolley , and pointing out the elderly and poorer familys need food just the same

well done to the folk in the Republic

Well, I'm glad someone said it Deadner
'Solutions' ?
Nobody knows what the fuck it is, so being pragmatic, or not, you are talking through the hole in your arse
Using 'Fact' does nothing for your point of view, and the other 'Pontiff' using 'End of story' thanks for that, as usual, you have the lecture circuit going on in your head
As someone, who has 4 of the top 5, vulnerable health segment issues, but is taking care of himself, and his immediate family, I don't need some anonymous individual, giving it the 'Big I Am'
Anyone can be struck down with this virus, not just the elderly, although we are at most risk, by all accounts
Auto immune disorders, Cancer, heart problems, respiratory problems, affect all ages, not just the elderly or infirm, we all know that
So, please give it a rest with your 'opinions' and what you think, may, or may not happen
It's just more scaremongering rather than helpful
One day at a time, deal with it

My brother has cancer ,i normaly go over and visit the end of every month just to check up and make sure he's doin ok , he asked me to stay away as he fears the virus being brought over which is only right , today he called to say he got his shop done for the week and the panic buyers were put in there place by others blocking the tills

They basically shamed the hoarders into emptying there trolley , and pointing out the elderly and poorer familys need food just the same

Sorry to hear about your brother Kelly, hope he gets through this current crisis as well as smashing the fuck out of that cancer too mate. (y)

Massive respect to the people in the Republic for displaying the sort of kindness and compassion that seems to be so sorely lacking here.

My parents have been in lockdown for the last week due to their age and underlying health issues so I've been getting their shopping in (or more to the point attempting to) and have been left utterly disgusted at the behaviour and selfishness of people in supermarkets etc. I have had to drive around Glasgow to various different supermarkets to get the essentials they would normally get in one place and I'm still coming up short on a lot of basic items which has meant having to try again the next day and then the next and so on. This means I am more exposed to possible infection due to the number of people I'm having to interact with, now this is something I otherwise wouldn't be too concerned about as I'm not in a high risk group, but it does increase the risk of me passing it on to my parents when I drop their shopping off.

Not only are these selfish fucking arseholes that are bulk buying showing a complete disregard for the needs of others, many of whom are more vulnerable and in need than themselves, but their moronic behaviour creates a higher risk of more people becoming infected because they are forcing more people to interact more often at a time when we're trying to do the exact opposite

They're not only being selfish bastards they're fucking risking peoples lives.

Bhoys,

Lets follow the science.

The reality of this virus is that unfortunately the older community and people with health conditions are at risk - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu. Some older people have had the virus and recovered - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu.

Younger people, especially children have little risk to the virus - fact - this is similar normal in seasonal flu.

Please check the above facts before being a keyboard warrior. Now, and I agree it is true that this virus is not seasonal flu - fact!

So as from the facts above - fit, athletic sportsmen and women are not at risk from either seasonal flu or coronavirus - in very rare case they might get ill or even a death may occur if they have unknown health problems. There is no significant danger of a fit athletic team of 11 players playing each other - they even may catch the virus - which will have little impact other than a few days coughing/fever for that player.

The danger is of course this player transmits to other people who are in the vulnrable bracket. This is what must be prevented and the current advice on self-isolation covers this.

Whats the difference between me going to work today to fix aeroplanes with 30 other staff and meeting customers , than a squad of players meeting another squad of players and having 90 minutes of football. - absolutely nothing. Precautions can still be taken if one of those players has symptoms and self-isolates - protecting the older members of the public who are at risk

After all above info - we could still take excessive precautions - games to played behind closed doors - especially if this is done a training grounds where staff/travel and security is at a minimum - 3 games a week is easily possible - so lets get this season done.

"Younger people, especially children have little risk to the virus - fact - this is similar normal in seasonal flu.

Please check the above facts before being a keyboard warrior. Now, and I agree it is true that this virus is not "

Not true away and read the real facts this virus does not discriminate among groups, just some are more sceptible, ie the old as they would be other illnesses. We know little about this hence the crisis, do not put out misinformation and if you wish to comment put up links so people may dispute or agree, but the last thing people need is a Lord Fucking Haw haw.

284F420200000578-0-image-a-2_1430777712202.jpg

Sorry to hear about your brother Kelly, hope he gets through this current crisis as well as smashing the fuck out of that cancer too mate. (y)

Massive respect to the people in the Republic for displaying the sort of kindness and compassion that seems to be so sorely lacking here.

My parents have been in lockdown for the last week due to their age and underlying health issues so I've been getting their shopping in (or more to the point attempting to) and have been left utterly disgusted at the behaviour and selfishness of people in supermarkets etc. I have had to drive around Glasgow to various different supermarkets to get the essentials they would normally get in one place and I'm still coming up short on a lot of basic items which has meant having to try again the next day and then the next and so on. This means I am more exposed to possible infection due to the number of people I'm having to interact with, now this is something I otherwise wouldn't be too concerned about as I'm not in a high risk group, but it does increase the risk of me passing it on to my parents when I drop their shopping off.

Not only are these selfish fucking arseholes that are bulk buying showing a complete disregard for the needs of others, many of whom are more vulnerable and in need than themselves, but their moronic behaviour creates a higher risk of more people becoming infected because they are forcing more people to interact more often at a time when we're trying to do the exact opposite

They're not only being selfish bastards they're fucking risking peoples lives.

Nobody thinking of the elderly or the folk who have mental health issues and are left to struggle week to week

look on ebay folk selling baby milk ยฃ155 and bog roll ยฃ100 based in strahaven ,,, ebay still allowing the listings and supermarkets still allowing the mobs to stockpile and the media playing to everyones fears by focusing on the empty shelves instead of the cause of the problem

maybs noise members could get there heads together and help others source items in their area for folk in need

Nobody thinking of the elderly or the folk who have mental health issues and are left to struggle week to week

look on ebay folk selling baby milk ยฃ155 and bog roll ยฃ100 based in strahaven ,,, ebay still allowing the listings and supermarkets still allowing the mobs to stockpile and the media playing to everyones fears by focusing on the empty shelves instead of the cause of the problem

maybs noise members could get there heads together and help others source items in their area for folk in need

Can honestly say I've been scunnered by what I've seen over the last week Kelly, truly fucking scunnered! Small glimmers of kindness here and there but it's mostly been engulfed by a fog of selfishness, callousness and profiteering from people's desperation and misery!

Outstanding idea Kelly, would be more than happy to help and contribute to something like that. Even if it's something as basic as a few location based threads listing what stores currently have essentials in stock. Something like that would have been a massive help over the last week (y)

Great to see people thinking about others and showing the selfish pricks whatโ€™s right
Hope your Brother gets better Kelly sure with his families support heโ€™ll get through it

HH ๐Ÿ™

Bhoys,

Lets follow the science.

The reality of this virus is that unfortunately the older community and people with health conditions are at risk - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu. Some older people have had the virus and recovered - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu.

Younger people, especially children have little risk to the virus - fact - this is similar normal in seasonal flu.

Please check the above facts before being a keyboard warrior. Now, and I agree it is true that this virus is not seasonal flu - fact!

So as from the facts above - fit, athletic sportsmen and women are not at risk from either seasonal flu or coronavirus - in very rare case they might get ill or even a death may occur if they have unknown health problems. There is no significant danger of a fit athletic team of 11 players playing each other - they even may catch the virus - which will have little impact other than a few days coughing/fever for that player.

The danger is of course this player transmits to other people who are in the vulnrable bracket. This is what must be prevented and the current advice on self-isolation covers this.

Whats the difference between me going to work today to fix aeroplanes with 30 other staff and meeting customers , than a squad of players meeting another squad of players and having 90 minutes of football. - absolutely nothing. Precautions can still be taken if one of those players has symptoms and self-isolates - protecting the older members of the public who are at risk

After all above info - we could still take excessive precautions - games to played behind closed doors - especially if this is done a training grounds where staff/travel and security is at a minimum - 3 games a week is easily possible - so lets get this season done.
COPD, this is my main health condition. Each year i'm invited to attend my local surgery for a Flu vaccine, each year I decline. I feel each year the flu permeates our air and each year I get a cold. If the flu affects me I will increase tolerance, my immune system will increase. this particular virus is pulmonary specific, therefore I will keep myself socially limited. Sometimes it's wise to steer clear and take the doctors advice. So far i'm fine, I hope all others out there are too. If you don't know the illness hide from it.๐Ÿค’

COPD, this is my main health condition. Each year i'm invited to attend my local surgery for a Flu vaccine, each year I decline. I feel each year the flu permeates our air and each year I get a cold. If the flu affects me I will increase tolerance, my immune system will increase. this particular virus is pulmonary specific, therefore I will keep myself socially limited. Sometimes it's wise to steer clear and take the doctors advice. So far i'm fine, I hope all others out there are too. If you don't know the illness hide from it.๐Ÿค’
Stay safe mate
I cancelled my doctor's appointment this morning as I have some immune issues, Asthma,Respiratory and Cardiac issues, so don't need to sit in a waiting room with 40-50 people wearing masks (which do nothing) as they cough and sneeze all over the place
Learning new words every day
'Social Distancing' that's a new one for me ;-)

Fearing for the heath of some of the friends we've made, at the local seniors residence
Beau has been volunteering for 18 months and he brightens their day, he gets lots of love and attention and hugs, treats etc
We let them know two weeks ago, we'd be sopping our visits as I had a cold, but now all the care homes etc, are closed to visitors
Scary times indeed
Stay safe and hydrate folks & make sure any of your friends who are at risk, are doing ok
YNWA
Volunteer Beau 2.jpgJune and Beau Kin Village .jpgIsobel from Scotland  Kin Village with Beau .jpgBeau shaking a paw with residents.jpgDiane at Kin illage with Beau .jpg

Fearing for the heath of some of the friends we've made, at the local seniors residence
Beau has been volunteering for 18 months and he brightens their day, he gets lots of love and attention and hugs, treats etc
We let them know two weeks ago, we'd be sopping our visits as I had a cold, but now all the care homes etc, are closed to visitors
Scary times indeed
Stay safe and hydrate folks & make sure any of your friends who are at risk, are doing ok
YNWA
View attachment 8061View attachment 8062View attachment 8063View attachment 8064View attachment 8065
Mon the Beau!

You do realise that there is a distinct possibility that science was responsible for introducing the mutation?

Biological engineering, and subsequently biological warfare, are very real things.

I'm pretty sure that Oppenheimer didn't intend on creating weapons of mass destruction when he was splitting atoms, but along with the fantastic discoveries which have helped eliminate some horrific illnesses - science (and those who practice it) have also created new and potentially devastating bacterium that can wipe humanity off of the face of the planet.

Following the science often only raises more questions. There are scientists who believe they have adopted the role of gods in their attempts to find new and interesting ways to create and destroy life.

I believe in science, oj, but I also believe that there are rogue operatives throughout the respective fields of science.
Very true SP, I believe it and did from the first I heard of covid19 that this was not a natural phenomenon but rather a human engineered one. I thought the same of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. Ebola virus had been virtually eradicated from the face of the Earth but still existed in these bio-labs. Not once when I said that to anyone was I called paranoid or conspiracy theorist ( though I'm sure they were talking about me behind my back when I said I was a Celtic supporter). Seriously though all bs and Joking aside, I believed the then west African epidemic and now the pandemic of covid19 werent naturally occurring events. Of course i cant say that with 100% confidence. Though it struck me that I was far far from being the only one who thought the same and I wasn't influenced into that train of thought, that I'm aware of at least. So why then was I thinking this? It made me think. I consider myself a rational person, dont judge books by covers etc support Celtic not rangers so quite intelligent also. Theres conspiracy theories and conspiracy theories, I try to gauge who has something to gain from it. flat earth theory e.g religion and religious cults and fundamentalists could gain from that conspiracy. This however is different , the poor lose out and the rich could benefit. I mean the real rich the 2% of the planets population who have all the money and own everything. There are already way too many people on this planet and that shows no sign of slowing down, rather the opposite with the poorest nations populations increasing exponentially, Earth, the planet can cope but the huge majority of the world population cant. We could if we employed the proper way to live in harmony with the planet but we dont, we are like a virus ourselves consuming everything in our way like grass cutter ants and move onto the next resource and repeat until we deplete. We are encouraged to be like this though and again it makes me think why? What good is it to be so so filthy rich if the planet is a wasteland? My own wee personal conspiracy belief kind of allies with extinction rebellion (not their methods though quite often). We are told that we are killing off the planets ecosystem that sustains us yet we are barely encouraged to actively engage in stopping this behaviour. If the planet itself doesn't fight back against us the top 2% will do it. They will have underground sanctuaries where civilisation (a very rich one) can thrive for generations whilst the rest of humanity devolves back into savages or we are exposed to something like a biochemical weapon that leaves a pristine world for the richest , not the best to inherit. I'm an optimist SP did I mention that? ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿ‘ฝ

Very true SP, I believe it and did from the first I heard of covid19 that this was not a natural phenomenon but rather a human engineered one. I thought the same of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. Ebola virus had been virtually eradicated from the face of the Earth but still existed in these bio-labs. Not once when I said that to anyone was I called paranoid or conspiracy theorist ( though I'm sure they were talking about me behind my back when I said I was a Celtic supporter). Seriously though all bs and Joking aside, I believed the then west African epidemic and now the pandemic of covid19 werent naturally occurring events. Of course i cant say that with 100% confidence. Though it struck me that I was far far from being the only one who thought the same and I wasn't influenced into that train of thought, that I'm aware of at least. So why then was I thinking this? It made me think. I consider myself a rational person, dont judge books by covers etc support Celtic not rangers so quite intelligent also. Theres conspiracy theories and conspiracy theories, I try to gauge who has something to gain from it. flat earth theory e.g religion and religious cults and fundamentalists could gain from that conspiracy. This however is different , the poor lose out and the rich could benefit. I mean the real rich the 2% of the planets population who have all the money and own everything. There are already way too many people on this planet and that shows no sign of slowing down, rather the opposite with the poorest nations populations increasing exponentially, Earth, the planet can cope but the huge majority of the world population cant. We could if we employed the proper way to live in harmony with the planet but we dont, we are like a virus ourselves consuming everything in our way like grass cutter ants and move onto the next resource and repeat until we deplete. We are encouraged to be like this though and again it makes me think why? What good is it to be so so filthy rich if the planet is a wasteland? My own wee personal conspiracy belief kind of allies with extinction rebellion (not their methods though quite often). We are told that we are killing off the planets ecosystem that sustains us yet we are barely encouraged to actively engage in stopping this behaviour. If the planet itself doesn't fight back against us the top 2% will do it. They will have underground sanctuaries where civilisation (a very rich one) can thrive for generations whilst the rest of humanity devolves back into savages or we are exposed to something like a biochemical weapon that leaves a pristine world for the richest , not the best to inherit. I'm an optimist SP did I mention that? ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿ‘ฝ
You are not alone in your thinking brother
HH

Back