Prediction

Firstly I want to make it clear

I don’t want or am not advocating that Brendan Rodgers gets the sack. He has given us some unforgettable times as Celtic fans and should be given every opportunity to get us back on track.

But I’ve been watching football for a long time and know how it all works especially at a big club like Celtic.

So here’s my prediction. If he doesn’t either change our style of play or start getting more out of the squad he has then I can see him being out of a job by Christmas.

Sounds crazy maybe but all it would take is losing in the league cup which given our current form isn’t unthinkable, a couple of heavy defeats in Europe again given our form not unthinkable and our rivals in the league widening the gap and the clamour for him to go will reach such a point that the board then have a decision to make.

You can never rest on your laurels or get complacent in this game and unfortunately we are guilty of one if not both.

Hopefully I’m wrong and he turns our current situation around but I have a feeling this is only going to end one way.

Need to try and steady the ship and stay on hearts coatails till the transfer window opens and try bring in some new faces freshen things up.But win or lose the league I’ve got a feeling this will be Brendan’s last season

Need to try and steady the ship and stay on hearts coatails till the transfer window opens and try bring in some new faces freshen things up.But win or lose the league I’ve got a feeling this will be Brendan’s last season
But will we spend money in the transfer window and if yes then will we buy better players than what we have or what Brendan wants? A long way to go in the season but things have to change on and off the park.

Well, of course if he doesn't improve our current standing by Christmas he should get the sack, in fact.

I'm well aware Brendan is one of us, loves this club and has given it two of the best seasons in our history, but Celtic comes first. Eight-in-a-row must be the number one priority and the moment Brendan isn't the man who can deliver it he must leave.

If it's prediction time, I think he'll fix things and I still think he'll deliver. But we are in the midst of a one in a generation title streak and it can't be risked for a badly understood sense of loyalty. If we get to the breaking point, thank you and godspeed.

Brendan will handle the pressure - all day long - I have 100% faith in his ability.

However, I think Peter Lawell has made Brendan's mind up for him in the summer. I agree with 'K' it feels like his last season. We have failed to invest in players and you only have to look at Sevco and Hearts - who went out and spent money on established targets. We flayed about from being nonchalant about signings to sheer desperation losing a first class midfielder and dredging around for a centre back. Brendan looks thoroughly hacked off and so what that Sevco are in the red - our Board are culpable of dragging us (and our manager) into a media circus that we could have so easily have avoided. So what - that we signed an on loan player for 7M and we are renewing Leigh Griffiths contract - still convinced this is like big Peter pouring curry sauce on our collective chips. If BR is going and he has lost his enthusiasm then we do need a change. The Lyon Chairman described Lawell as acting like a British Bulldog in negotiations regarding Dembele - that just about encapsulates his ego and ambition.

I am not in a panic because I am old enough to recall previous Celtic Boards letting us down in a similar fashion. However, give me a break if I am being asked to celebrate contracts for Edouard and Griffiths. It still feels like BR and PL are nowhere near sorted....

It’s the first time he is under real pressure and questions been asked, we have two huge games coming up in cup away an the sheep at home.. these are must win games, I couldn’t care less about the Europa at this stage as winning the league now is all that matters, I still feel we will turn it around but tactics surely have to change, this side to side shit has to change!!

It saddens me to say this , but I have not been shocked by the poor results/displays this season . The signs were there for much of last season - yes, we won the treble - but admit it , there were too many games when the performance was less than riveting !
I was looking forward to a new season with a new lineup - I thought that Brendan was contemplating Edouard and Dembele up front as a twin attacking threat , with Griff waiting in the wings to come on later and put the icing on the cake . Unfortunately we all know how that turned out .

It now falls to Brendan to come up with a new tactic - replaying the old, tired possession game with no end product up front will not do . Too many teams have sussed that tactic - and simply wait for their opportunity to smash and grab a goal and a point or three , whether deserved or not makes no difference to them . We have dominated every game this season ( even the qualifiers against AEK ) and yet have failed to win too many . An urgent reappraisal of how we play is needed . I have mentioned on another thread that we need a plan B - a more direct approach for when the possession game is failing us . A big , muscular centre forward ( dare I say it , a la Laugh -erty ? ) who can be a target man for long balls to help quicken the tempo . Look at the result against Rosenborg - 85 minutes of patient ( boring ? ) possession play with no end product - then one long ball up to Boyata and a knock down for Griff - result - GOAL !!!
Come on Brendan !
HH

Where oh where is big Jock's beautiful, inventive football gone this season? Celtic have always been known as an offensive team and tippy tappy side to side stuff that's played now just isn't getting us up the park.

As they say, its a results business. Chelsea players after been first big fans of Mourinho, opened their eyes and saw that he was a conman. Now we knew that but they went on strike and wouldn't play for him. He had to go. He now wont last the season.

Brendan needs to get the players motivated because if we play like our recent games we wont get results so as you cannot sell 31 players then Brendan carries the can

i think PL crossed a line with BR during the transfer window, only BR’s love of Celtic has stopped him walking out but he’s gone at the end of the season and I think the players know it and that’s where our problems lie

I trust Brendan to turn things round although like others i think he's off next summer. As for our predicament, let's not panic. It's only 6 points or 2 games. Keep the faith and HH?

The managers played the exact same tactics since arriving and is persisting with it despite last seasons stutter and now we have a full blown problem.

The intention to go two up front signalled a planned change but that's derailed so it's back to plan A with no plan B in sight.

We need a targetman as an outlet because it takes us far too long to get the ball into the final third. If it comes to it and we 're drawing or losing late on then reshuffle and stick someone that can win the ball in the air up top with Griff or Ed, like Boyata and have someone cover for him at the back.

I dont think he will leave but i also think the herd has to be culled before we add to it. Boyata lustig allan are definites. Boyata as he seems to be determined to move even though his performances have been good. Lustig and allan because they are just not good enough. Forest once again is resting on his laurels and i think ntcham is looking lije a disgruntled teenager. His performance at st mirren looked like he wanted to be sent off. Rogic is off his best and sinclair i think is done. Out of them all only Rogic will improve the rest have to be moved on to free wages.

Its ok saying we have 27 million in the bank bit to make the business viable overheads have to be cut and with the wage bill running at 59 million then a lot of highly paid fringe players will have to go.

Back