Protocol for racism at football match

Lubos left peg

Just watching MOTD and the spurs chelsea game had to be stopped.
Protocol, as I believe it, is that the match is stopped. The ref speaks with coaches and there is a tannoy announcement.
There is a possibility of the match being called off if racism persists. I think that's right.
Is this something that UEFA has made all their leagues to sign up to? Or is there an opt out.
I only ask because, as far as I'm aware, this protocol has not been carried out at any Scottish matches.
Or does anti-Irish racism not count??

On top of that, could celtic and especially Neil Lennon finally shine a light on scotlands dirty little secret.
Lennon has stated in the past, while talking to reporters, "you call it sectarianism, I call it racism".
If he where to ask the forth official to stop the match and report the incident to the ref, and believe me he will have plenty of opportunity on the 29th, it would finally get people talking about the disgraceful songs and racism that plagues Scotland

On top of that, could celtic and especially Neil Lennon finally shine a light on scotlands dirty little secret.
Lennon has stated in the past, while talking to reporters, "you call it sectarianism, I call it racism".
If he where to ask the forth official to stop the match and report the incident to the ref, and believe me he will have plenty of opportunity on the 29th, it would finally get people talking about the disgraceful songs and racism that plagues Scotland
Definitely has to be highlighted,only our club can do it,if they have the will!

Definitely has to be highlighted,only our club can do it,if they have the will!

I dont think our club (board) have the will.
But I believe Lenny does. It doesnt seem fair asking him to take it on his shoulders. He has had no protection from anyone in our wee lovely country....from the SFA to the courts. But with the focus on racism in football so strong at the moment now would be the perfect time to battle it in scotland

Cosgroves red card "travesty" got more coverage than Lenny's statement!!!!!

I just find it totally bizarre that football fans can behave in a racist way towards foreign or black players who are playing for the opposition and yet idolise foreign or black players who play for their own club. The players should take a stand with their own supporters by educating them via the supporters clubs, match programmes and any other medium which helps get the message across.

I just find it totally bizarre that football fans can behave in a racist way towards foreign or black players who are playing for the opposition and yet idolise foreign or black players who play for their own club. The players should take a stand with their own supporters by educating them via the supporters clubs, match programmes and any other medium which helps get the message across.
It's a crazy world, Shammy. I remember being thoroughly ashamed when a few of our own were throwing bananas at Mark Walters, but I think they learnt pretty quickly that that shite wouldn't be tolerated.

The rise of the neo-cons appears to have emboldened the racist underbelly that exists in Britain. I really don't want to make this a political thing, but there are flyposters popping up digging the Polish community and other migrant workers.

I had a pretty heated argument with a clown this week at work who suggested that Nigerian workers were lazy, all during this time, he was sat on his arse doing the square root of hee-haw and drinking tea.

The level of racial discrimination should be measured by the intent behind the words. I guess that there is a bit of 'accidental' racism on occasion, but there is a really sinister undertone behind many of the recent examples.

Back