Pubs from your formative youth...

Remember the openin night in "The Brother's" pub in Possil,2 guys come in wi wan ae they barra things,unplugged the juke box and wheeled it oot the door,shoutin "excuse me" in Possilese, which roughly translates as "get oot the phuqin road, or ah'll chib ye!",they came back aboot 20 minutes later and stole the telly!!!!
I got banned from a pub once for trying to steal the puggy! A groundless allegation as I'm sure you're aware.
I'll admit I was a wee bit pished, I stuck 10 bob in the puggy and the feckin thing didny give me any plays, I considered my options and decided the best thing to do was fuck it doon the stairs. I managed to get it half way accross the hall heading for the outside door and nice big flight stairs when the landlord huckled me! Accused me of trying to steal the feckin thing, I protested my innocence and explained that the only thievery going on was in fact carried out by his puggy and by way of retribution I was gonna fuck it down the stairs. My pleas fell on deaf ears, banned, travesty.
Didn't help that the weekend before while doing tequila slammers I'd snapped one of his tables in two.
Cross Keys I think it was called in Kippen, nice wee quiet country pub, until I appeared!

I got banned from a pub once for trying to steal the puggy! A groundless allegation as I'm sure you're aware.
I'll admit I was a wee bit pished, I stuck 10 bob in the puggy and the feckin thing didny give me any plays, I considered my options and decided the best thing to do was fuck it doon the stairs. I managed to get it half way accross the hall heading for the outside door and nice big flight stairs when the landlord huckled me! Accused me of trying to steal the feckin thing, I protested my innocence and explained that the only thievery going on was in fact carried out by his puggy and by way of retribution I was gonna fuck it down the stairs. My pleas fell on deaf ears, banned, travesty.
Didn't help that the weekend before while doing tequila slammers I'd snapped one of his tables in two.
Cross Keys I think it was called in Kippen, nice wee quiet country pub, until I appeared!
No justice😹

Ayee so ye did 😹

It was the pub's fault for letting animals in.

I know you see me as a fine, upstanding professional with impeccable credentials Artur but in my youth I was occasionally an...whats the word? 🤔
Arsehole! 😹
I've recently graduated to "arsehole" status after being kept behind in the "fucking arsehole" class for a good few year.

With any luck, I meet even make it to common or garden variety "wanker" grade before I'm 60!

The central bar fit o the walk....Leith dear God during the epidemic of the heroin scene 80's onwards you could buy anything from a loaf of bread to a chieftain tank! Seriously mental. Anything you wanted from princes st. Was taking to order! Never knew what a concertina bag was for.....soon found out...stripping whole rails of clothes!
Lovely story ma dad told me about it.IT was a dockers pub back in the day, story goes the guy that owned it put up the prices from 1'4d to 1'8d...nope not happen the DOCKERS picketed the pub till he brought the prices down! And legend has it he did! 😂😂. Great community pub and fantastic example of an Edwardian era pub all original tiles.

The central bar fit o the walk....Leith dear God during the epidemic of the heroin scene 80's onwards you could buy anything from a loaf of bread to a chieftain tank! Seriously mental. Anything you wanted from princes st. Was taking to order! Never knew what a concertina bag was for.....soon found out...stripping whole rails of clothes!
Lovely story ma dad told me about it.IT was a dockers pub back in the day, story goes the guy that owned it put up the prices from 1'4d to 1'8d...nope not happen the DOCKERS picketed the pub till he brought the prices down! And legend has it he did! 😂😂. Great community pub and fantastic example of an Edwardian era pub all original tiles.
Ma first in the Burn's Howff,Bass special 1/8p,aboot 8p in modern money!!!!!! pished oot yer nut furra quid!!!!! 🤪 🍺

Back