Put it this way

I
Sorry tet but totally lost so would a squad that should be a 8 out of 10 and we get a 1 out of 10 and I am been generous with the 1,can I ask where the missing 7 went to
ok lets take eddy last season
what average would you say he got from all his matches

so say he had 9 then 6 then 7 then 6 then 10 etc each match out of 10

then average over season imo would be around 7.5/8 for last season

thats just my opinion

if you do that for every player to get average rating out of 10 for season

then takes all player averages and divide it by number of players who got a score then I estimate we would be 7 out 10 overall

what would your figure be?

thats just my opinion

then takes all player averages and divide it by number of players who got a score then I estimate we would be 7 out 10 overall

Christies been shite, eddy has been shite, julien is a bombscare at the moment. El hamed wouldnt have played anyway.
Welsh played in place of bitton and was the better defender. The fact is we were shite. No one had any fight in them. Lennon set us up not to lose. Mcgregor, ntcham and brown have never played well together. Eli is shite. Klimala has barely featured. Ajeti and griff on the bench. Rogic on the bench. All players that if started could have lifted the squad with a bit of skill and fire. Instead, with lennons formation and tactics we allowed the scum the control from the off and the players went into their shells and stayed there. A lot of things were wrong on saturday and I think the 6 missing was probably the least of our problems to be fair.
That's a load of shite 😂😂😂

thats just my opinion

I wouldn't dream of trying to work it out tet, not really into individual ratings within a team sport. I am a very strong believer in team spirit, so if a player is having a bad day then the others can usually get them through it. When a player gets his opportunity he grabs at it so hard that he wants to be there at all times. We as a team at the moment are showing no form of team spirit, a total lack of leadership with far to much indiscipline within it. These are very worrying traits that have crept into the squad and need to be stamped out as a matter of urgency, as it is not and never will be the celtic way.

I wouldn't dream of trying to work it out tet, not really into individual ratings within a team sport. I am a very strong believer in team spirit, so if a player is having a bad day then the others can usually get them through it. When a player gets his opportunity he grabs at it so hard that he wants to be there at all times. We as a team at the moment are showing no form of team spirit, a total lack of leadership with far to much indiscipline within it. These are very worrying traits that have crept into the squad and need to be stamped out as a matter of urgency, as it is not and never will be the celtic way.
yeah but my arbitrary numbers from my perception and opinion is that gives your a quantitive way of analysing the qualitative aspects of team

So if you average it our for every team

my estimate is last season Celtic were around 7/10

Sevco probably over season around 6.6/10

hearts 5/10

All the rest between 5.5 and 6 out of 10

now these figures are just my opinion

So if we assume thats the marker for winning league the more players you have scoring 7 or more every game the better your average will be as team.

to make your average better you need to get your players hitting higher scores than year before.

but if you get someone hitting 8/10 average then big clubs will try poach him.

they can offer big wages, so to hold that player you really ought to be offering similar if not same wage contract or sell him at a multiple of the wage they think he worth.

But if you let your 8/10 player go

you need to replace him with someone similar or your team will decline.

But the pool of 8/10 players is much smaller therefore you need to get someone who nobody else rates as an 8/10 or make a youth player get up to that standard asap.

you might get 25 million for 8/10 player but it will cost you at least that to get equal or better player and caveat is if you offer 25 million you need to really offer him wage the other dude got at new club.

So unless you are better than others at spotting undervalued players you won't get stronger as team unless you have bigger wage budget available

And the jump from 7/10 average player to 8/10 average player is approx 10 times the wage

Also works same between 6/10 and 7/10

hearts player might be on 1500 per week but if he starts hitting 7+/10 regular then celtic might say here you come play for us for 10 k per week

he might then become an 8/10 player playing better players but he might fold and become a 6/10 player

but you stuck paying 10k per week for dude who bringing team average down.

And thats why imo

you cant get out of reach of next best club in scotland permanently

because you gonna lose your best players and you aint guaranteed to buy better ones for money you got for your best ones.

but you cant keep hiking their wages either unless you have a money pit that keep up with the teams getting 100 million each season from tv deals

not even if we win champions league do we get 100 million

so while tv dictates who has good players we will struggle to maintain our 7/10 average every season without very very good management and good use of cash we generate.

no sure if that makes sense

:p:p:p:p

Show aff, once he got to 1626 he just needed to divide it by 2 with the 100/50, no need for ×50 ÷100. I hate show affs. Just saying.
yeah but my arbitrary numbers from my perception and opinion is that gives your a quantitive way of analysing the qualitative aspects of team

hearts 5/10

So if we assume thats the marker for winning league the more players you have scoring 7 or more every game the better your average will be as team.

to make your average better you need to get your players hitting higher scores than year before.

they can offer big wages, so to hold that player you really ought to be offering similar if not same wage contract or sell him at a multiple of the wage they think he worth.

But the pool of 8/10 players is much smaller therefore you need to get someone who nobody else rates as an 8/10 or make a youth player get up to that standard asap.

you might get 25 million for 8/10 player but it will cost you at least that to get equal or better player and caveat is if you offer 25 million you need to really offer him wage the other dude got at new club.

So unless you are better than others at spotting undervalued players you won't get stronger as team unless you have bigger wage budget available

And the jump from 7/10 average player to 8/10 average player is approx 10 times the wage

hearts player might be on 1500 per week but if he starts hitting 7+/10 regular then celtic might say here you come play for us for 10 k per week

he might then become an 8/10 player playing better players but he might fold and become a 6/10 player

And thats why imo

because you gonna lose your best players and you aint guaranteed to buy better ones for money you got for your best ones.

but you cant keep hiking their wages either unless you have a money pit that keep up with the teams getting 100 million each season from tv deals

so while tv dictates who has good players we will struggle to maintain our 7/10 average every season without very very good management and good use of cash we generate.

Perfect sense TET, which is why we need to advance our academy but without a proper development structure for our youth they end up fleeing the coop before we get any benefits.

hearts 5/10

And thats why imo

I like the logic even though I would never have looked at it that way before

Members online

No members online now.

Back