Putting the cat among the pidgeons

Imatim

If you had the choice right now who would you choose? John McGinn or Ryan Christie?

I realise they are different types of players but I reckon Ryan Christie is only going to get better and offers more to the team. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes! I can see a better player than Armstrong emerging in Ryan Christie and what's better still he's one of us
And he seems fairly grounded too

Doesn't seem to have an enormous ego and wasn't going about with the petted lip when he was sent out on loan, or having his contract renewal questioned.

Sign him up for 5-years, BR.....build our next team around him

And he seems fairly grounded too

Doesn't seem to have an enormous ego and wasn't going about with the petted lip when he was sent out on loan, or having his contract renewal questioned.

Sign him up for 5-years, BR.....build our next team around him

I was also impressed by him when he was with the sheep.

He was respectful and complimentary to both McInnes and the club while he was there. A good trait in a young player.

This is a genuine boy with good character and he's well grounded too.

Give him a good manager like Brendan and a decent run in the team and I do believe we have something special in the making.

This lad wants it. What's not to like

Well said that man.

When you see a lot of our young bhoys making that committment and also paying their dues, then at least you know they're being brought up in the proper way.

With the constant press speculation and provocation, it would be tempting to think of the riches on offer or to be openly disrespectful.

That doesn't appear to be the case with almost all of our young Bhoys.

Even a young foreign lad (who may not be familiar with the culture here) like Kris Ajer has a class beyond his years when responding to speculation.

Must say I always thought he'd make it if given the chance but the last two seasons made it hard for him to break through, he comes from a Celtic background which always helps great to see a young lad with such enthusiasm making his mark his ole da will be so proud of him he trumps Armstrong in all departments for me..

When we sold GMS to Aberdeen it did not trouble me much, if we had sold Ryan Christie to the sheep I'd have been gutted. He took a bit longer to find his path, but he is a potential star.
On the issue of McGinn, he is a good enough lad, but not getting him troubled me less than letting Liam Henderson leave to Italy.

Ryan Christie should now be role model to all the youth coming through at Celtic. Put your head down, put in the hard work and keep your mouth shut. I hope as someone mentioned above, he gets offered a five year deal. As for John McGinn, well he either got bad advice,or went for money, or as was reported at the time was treated badly by lawell. He's still a good footballer and may some day play in the hoops. But at the minute I'd rather have Christie!

RC

If his initials weren't reason enough, then his all-round ability certainly is.

I have a bit of time for McGinn, but we have enough already in that mould.

RC has that bit of guile about him and can sniff a goal too.

McGinn is not going to get the football that was made for guys like him, the money he earns as another EPL statitic to prop up a rigged brand will ensure he is never going to be polished. Rodgers has through persisitance and crticism stuck to the mantre that he knows best when to bring in the best talent. Every manager makes bad signings as well as good, but its the ones he produces that are most impressive. McGregor,Tierney,Christie,Byotta,Ayer, are just a selection of boys who can command riches beyond their dreams, but the football they are learning and the disciplines will ensure they have a long future in the game.
BR says in public when asked you train with Celtic and only when you play in the first team and are part of the first team as a whole can you tell the public you ar e a Celtic player.
Bit of class in that statement once you can say you play for Celtic you have become part of a bigger group of mates than any team in the country, and regardless of wether you are on the pitch or not you are included and are ready always when asked .

Different skill sets between McGinn and Christie.

Brendan knows Scott Brown won't last forever and he may have looked at Mcginn as his future replacement but wouldn't have automatically given him the position and I think Mcginn knew that. Steve Bruce came to Mcginn and told him he'd build the team around him. The money of course would have been a big factor but I also think Mcginn wants to play. Now that Bruce is gone I dunno what will happen in Mcginns case nor do I care much as it has nothing to do with celtic now.

Before Brendan came most would have thought Scott Brown would have been winding down but under Brendan has been a revelation. With Brown, Ntcham and of course McGregors form the reality is he probably would have been bench warming a lot or in and out of the team.

I personally don't think Mcginn thumbed his nose at Celtic I think the circumstances and the timing was bad for him. I don't think he would easily displace anyone in the midfield currently.

Christie is exciting and dynamic I think if guided correctly will have even more of an impact than Armstrong that would be something.

It's just great to have a player like Christie coming through as it's money well spent. Buying him at this stage would cost more so well done to Celtic for buying him as a prospect as he looks as if he's made the step up to become Celtic class.

Liking the Christie we've got back from his travels, Liking all our midfielders n how they're all progressing, wee Mcginn is a great talent n I'll be keeping an eye on him n hope he has a good run of it. Would like to see him in the Hoops in a coupla years if he keeps learning Morgan looking good too, two-footed with pace Onwards n upwards Celtic ?

Liking the Christie we've got back from his travels, Liking all our midfielders n how they're all progressing, wee Mcginn is a great talent n I'll be keeping an eye on him n hope he has a good run of it. Would like to see him in the Hoops in a coupla years if he keeps learning Morgan looking good too, two-footed with pace Onwards n upwards Celtic ?

I think we'll see Lewis Morgan beef up a bit like RC has

Members online

Back