Queens Park

4 point lead at top of the championship. Pretty sure they don’t play at Hampden anymore. Where do you think they’d play their games if promoted to premiership?
From Wiki...

Lesser Hampden is a smaller ground to the west of the main stadium which Queen's Park traditionally used for training and reserve team or youth matches. In 2018, a deal was made for the SFA to purchase Hampden from Queen's Park upon the expiry of the lease in 2020 for a fee of £5 million, with the club intending to improve Lesser Hampden and play their matches there.[72] In November 2019 the club announced plans to redevelop Lesser Hampden into a 1,774 capacity ground.[7] As of August 2020, ownership of the main stadium had been transferred to the SFA and a new facility was under construction at Lesser Hampden.[77] Queen's Park played their last match at Hampden on 20 March 2021, as their lease on the ground expired at the end of the month.[78] They groundshared at the Falkirk Stadium for the rest of the 2020–21 season,[78][79] Firhill during 2021–22,[80] and Ochilview in 2022–23. The club released a revised plan in December 2021.[81][82]....

Sounds like they were ripped off by the SFA, 5m for HAMPDEN?
Then again, they could buy 5m Ibrox's,

Definitely. That’s not much of a capacity at lesser Hampden. I’m guessing they’ll get better attendances than they do now if promoted. Can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare going there if they’re hosting us.

You can buy all of Huns assets pretty much, stadium, training ground, history 🙄 for £5M just ask Charlie big hawns sure!

Definitely. That’s not much of a capacity at lesser Hampden. I’m guessing they’ll get better attendances than they do now if promoted. Can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare going there if they’re hosting us.

You can buy all of Huns assets pretty much, stadium, training ground, history 🙄 for £5M just ask Charlie big hawns sure!
Don't forget Craigy got the lot for just a quid, 😉

Sounds like they were ripped off by the SFA, 5m for HAMPDEN?
Then again, they could buy 5m Ibrox's,
100% ripped off , more for the hampden ' name' I'd say than the old £50 million stadium.

Think my brother said they'd been playing hampden before the world cup because lesser hampden wasnt ready yet.

It's the SFA ensuring that they have power and a power base when really Glasgow doesnt need three 50,000 plus stadia.

Not even sure if they're still fully amateur anymore without googling it.
Still it would be nice to have an ancient Glasgow derby for a change, one that's stood the test of time

Maybe I'm wrong but was there not a certain criteria for stadiums used in the top flight I recall teams like Partick having to do major works prior to promotion years ago
Managed to googlize it Marky, apparently these requirements were ditched when SPFL was formed in 2013. 10 year ago! I really need to pay more attention.

Still think they might try to use another stadium if they can get bigger crowds and bring in a bit more profit.

Better get back to do doing some work :)

Managed to googlize it Marky, apparently these requirements were ditched when SPFL was formed in 2013. 10 year ago! I really need to pay more attention.

Still think they might try to use another stadium if they can get bigger crowds and bring in a bit more profit.

Better get back to do doing some work :)
You mean you don't work for google?

Latest posts

Back