Questions for Alex Thomson as his Channel 4 Report on Child Abuse is about to be broadcast

...also , dont see the need to drag other teams into it to even up the score...if celtic are complicit and guilty, then the club should be punished
Think the whole point of the piece was to show how interlinked, interwoven it was even then. The trafficking was the real story. Above and beyond what I'd have expected of the time. Imagine what thats like now with the internet. Frightening

That interview with Bill Kelly encapsulates what many of them are like when you meet them. Tell you what they think you want to hear-but you can see they have no remorse, the smirk, laugh. He was enjoying that moment. He'll be laughing right now
yeah he came across as so what , what you gonna do about it

what i would have liked to have heard is when did the sfa know there was peado rings operating in Scotland , AT says it went through 70-80-90s if so what actions did they take to address it , and why was it never made public , because if they did know this as early as the 70s then there are a lot of questions that need answering

Thought the segment would have contained more but leaves more questions than answer , suppose it would be hard to cover all in 10-15 mins ,looked more to be a filler piece before they get to the main item ,,Celtic

Feel for the Malcom fella it was brave of him to come forward and hope he gets all the support and understanding he deserves

Exclusive - "Idiots" - Victim featured on Channel 4 tonight attacks fellow Rangers fans who "try to redirect the issue of sex abuse into something else and hatred for the other side"...

yeah he came across as so what , what you gonna do about it

what i would have liked to have heard is when did the sfa know there was peado rings operating in Scotland , AT says it went through 70-80-90s if so what actions did they take to address it , and why was it never made public , because if they did know this as early as the 70s then there are a lot of questions that need answering

Thought the segment would have contained more but leaves more questions than answer , suppose it would be hard to cover all in 10-15 mins ,looked more to be a filler piece before they get to the main item ,,Celtic

Feel for the Malcom fella it was brave of him to come forward and hope gets all the support and understanding he deserves
Certainly is Kelly, An incredibly brave man.
That is the big question, what was known? Was the real extent known was the traficking on that sort of scale even considered a possibility then? I know most thinking until last 10 years or so was the belief they'd work alone due to the nature of the crime and the consequences if uncovered. To see that level of cross border abuse at that time. I'm not sure that would even have been considered possible at the time.
I think it's been well handled so far, advising they have the evidence and it's up to others if they want to act on it.
The second part tomorrow will be a finer brush rather than the broad brush approach tonight

From boys football clubs, scouts, religous organisations, orphanages and 'untouchable' politicians - peodophiles knew where to hide and they got away with it too long - get it out in the open and sort it out.
Nail these bastards wherever they are from - If AT takes a slant on Celtic - im fine with it let it open doors so that as many as pople as possible get the justice they deserve and the victims get some closure.

So far Channel 4 have called it an issue across Scottish football. Malcom in TCS article has said he feels the SFA had responsibility not the individual clubs due to the age of those abused.
Will be interesting to see how it is handled tomorrow night. Given this approach it would be strange now to focus solely on any one club. Unless they have more evidence and it seems likely given the way the ended the piece tonight

Members online

Latest posts

Back