Questions starting to be raised maybe!!

So many questions have been raised by lennys press conference yesterday that I do think need answers.
1) what was the date celtic were given permission to travel to dubai before or after party gate?
2) Was there any contact from the government or fa all the time they were on the trip?
3) Did the club really want to play the last 2 games with so much unclarity surrounding the trip?
4) Why now are games that were postponed and points awarded have now be changed to be played after we have been punished?
5) Is this season really just been one big scam with celtic having to be the fall guys?
6) How come mib's who have shown on constant occasions that they are not fit to referee and yet still go unchallenged when having such impacts on the results of matches?
Will lenny ever be given a chance to answer such questions, not a chance of it

Lawwells puppet has some answers

Coverage of Neil Lennon’s press conference was curated to show the manager angry and apparently confused about the health of his squad. The reason for his anger was omitted from the snippets available online yesterday afternoon, then mocked by those who should know better.

Neil clearly explained what upset him (full transcript from GlasgowLive). The country is following medical advice to maintain a 2m social distance. Football has followed this rule and it was the determining factor in isolating Ryan Christie and Kieran Tierney when they were within 2m of infected Stuart Armstrong with Scotland in October. Only Christie and Tierney had to isolate as the rest of the squad were not within 2m of Armstrong for any period of time.

Clubs across the UK have made travel arrangements accordingly, keeping a 2m distance between players where possible, or accepting the risk if packing them in any tighter. The 2m rule has been absolute and continues to feature in public health adverts.

What happened politically after Celtic left for Dubai is why you saw an angry Celtic manager yesterday.

On 5 January, Nicola Sturgeon used her daily PR conference to reference photographs of Celtic players in Dubai poolside, and while admitting she had no actual information to backup what she was saying, questioned if Celtic were following her rules. Celtic were following the rules, but that is irrelevant to the Show Trial the First Minister launched.

As Neil Lennon explained, the Scottish Government turned on Celtic, creating a brand new 3m rule for them, while every other club in Scotland with a positive case has been asked to observe a 2m rule.

This is the reason our number of excluded players was as high for the Hibs and Livi games. It is the reason we were subsequently forced to keep players 3m apart when travelling, or 3 players to a 52 seater bus. The rule change was not announced by the First Minister at her PR conferences and has not been forced on any other club, it was delivered below the radar on a vulnerable club with a baying mob (including former players who care nothing for us) ready to lap it up.

Despite the acres of gorging media coverage, no one has solicited a comment on Neil’s claim from the Scottish Government. The Celtic manager appears in front of the country’s media to explain how the Government apply one rule to Celtic and another to the rest of the country, and the headlines are all about his anger! Do you want Tony ‘Take it on the chin’ instead?

The First Minister is on the hook for this. She promised action on Celtic despite knowing they followed her rules, and she followed through with this 3m punishment. It keeps eyes away from her day job. But Neil did the inverted commas sign and he’s having a nightmare season, so some would rather mock, speculate about his mental health or drinking habits. I hope it’s worth the clicks.

Maybe my views were forged when the SFA’s Jim Farry had one rule for Celtic and another for everyone else, but I think the only acceptable reaction to this from a Celtic manager or supporter is seething anger. This is no different in execution or consequence.

Coverage of Neil Lennon’s press conference was curated to show the manager angry and apparently confused about the health of his squad. The reason for his anger was omitted from the snippets available online yesterday afternoon, then mocked by those who should know better.

Neil clearly explained what upset him (full transcript from GlasgowLive). The country is following medical advice to maintain a 2m social distance. Football has followed this rule and it was the determining factor in isolating Ryan Christie and Kieran Tierney when they were within 2m of infected Stuart Armstrong with Scotland in October. Only Christie and Tierney had to isolate as the rest of the squad were not within 2m of Armstrong for any period of time.

Clubs across the UK have made travel arrangements accordingly, keeping a 2m distance between players where possible, or accepting the risk if packing them in any tighter. The 2m rule has been absolute and continues to feature in public health adverts.

What happened politically after Celtic left for Dubai is why you saw an angry Celtic manager yesterday.

On 5 January, Nicola Sturgeon used her daily PR conference to reference photographs of Celtic players in Dubai poolside, and while admitting she had no actual information to backup what she was saying, questioned if Celtic were following her rules. Celtic were following the rules, but that is irrelevant to the Show Trial the First Minister launched.

As Neil Lennon explained, the Scottish Government turned on Celtic, creating a brand new 3m rule for them, while every other club in Scotland with a positive case has been asked to observe a 2m rule.

This is the reason our number of excluded players was as high for the Hibs and Livi games. It is the reason we were subsequently forced to keep players 3m apart when travelling, or 3 players to a 52 seater bus. The rule change was not announced by the First Minister at her PR conferences and has not been forced on any other club, it was delivered below the radar on a vulnerable club with a baying mob (including former players who care nothing for us) ready to lap it up.

Despite the acres of gorging media coverage, no one has solicited a comment on Neil’s claim from the Scottish Government. The Celtic manager appears in front of the country’s media to explain how the Government apply one rule to Celtic and another to the rest of the country, and the headlines are all about his anger! Do you want Tony ‘Take it on the chin’ instead?

The First Minister is on the hook for this. She promised action on Celtic despite knowing they followed her rules, and she followed through with this 3m punishment. It keeps eyes away from her day job. But Neil did the inverted commas sign and he’s having a nightmare season, so some would rather mock, speculate about his mental health or drinking habits. I hope it’s worth the clicks.

Maybe my views were forged when the SFA’s Jim Farry had one rule for Celtic and another for everyone else, but I think the only acceptable reaction to this from a Celtic manager or supporter is seething anger. This is no different in execution or consequence.
Occasionally, just Occasionally I don't think you're a fud Kelly, this is one of those occasions. Very well said mate.

Still leaves the question unanswered that with government intervention and a change to protocols that have not been possiblly maintained since dubai, then the whole game has to be in dispute within Scotland and a Scottish fa making up rule changes as they go along, I fail to see how this season can be deemed legal, so hench a null and void is the only sensible outcome imo

Excellent post.....Where’s our custodians to call things out?....

On 5 January, Nicola Sturgeon used her daily PR conference to reference photographs of Celtic players in Dubai poolside, and while admitting she had no actual information to backup what she was saying
This alone should raise questions, since when does a high profile govt official first minister comment on things without having any information on the subject at hand? Usually if that happens on any subject you get the standard 'cant comment on things I'm unaware of ' type of reply very un-first ministerial. Still I cant see Celtic making any statements about it at this time given the reaction from all quarters to anything that comes out of CP at the moment is super hyped to the state of ridicule. I read a piece about how' lenny is no Mourinho ' . On one side of the border an outburst from a manager is brushed off as hes the special one and entertaining, flip over the north of the border and lennys outburst is ridiculed and completely dismissed as an arrogant c**t. I just hope someone at CP is taking count of all this.

Last edited:
This alone should raise questions, since when does a high profile govt official first minister comment on things without having any information on the subject at hand? Usually if that happens on any subject you get the standard 'cant comment on things I'm unaware of ' type of reply very un-first ministerial. Still I cant see Celtic making any statements about it at this time given the reaction from all quarters to anything that comes out of CP at the moment is super hyped to the state of ridicule. I read a piece about how' lenny is no Mourinho ' . On one side of the border an outburst from a manager is brushed off as hes the special one and entertaining, flip over the north of the border and lennys outburst is ridiculed and completely dismissed as an arrogant c**t. I just hope someone at CP is taking count of all this.
This alone should raise questions, since when does a high profile govt official first minister comment on things without having any information on the subject at hand? Usually if that happens on any subject you get the standard 'cant comment on things I'm unaware of ' type of reply very un-first ministerial

Boli - 2 games postponement and convenient reduction in column inches and time slots for news programmes in midst of exam crisis.
Dubai - Wonderful opportunity as care home fiasco resurfaces and Alex Salmond challenging the first minister's shall we say credibility.
Huns - Pat on pack after Arfield birthday party as they try and play a dangerous political game of attracting votes from Unionist quarters where they haven't had such a fertile hunting ground in recent past. Elections pending and important poll figures as they try to engineer Indy2.

Dangerous game in politics to go after the vote you don't get, particularly with a majority like the SNP. You are trying to gain a vote you'll make little inroads into and you'll change the minds of many you take for granted. But we saw New Labour do something similar years ago. Not everyone learns from history when they are punch drunk on potential immortality amongst their own.

Aye, was myself thinking independence might be the way to go at next Election, now I've given myself a wee slap for being so fekin stupid as to trust the SNP.

Thanks Nicola for bringing me to my senses. And before awe yir wee pals come on with the British government etc etc etc, please note I scrolled bye the lot last time and will again, I make my mind up regarding political issues and for me the SNP ship has sunk.

So many questions have been raised by lennys press conference yesterday that I do think need answers.
1) what was the date celtic were given permission to travel to dubai before or after party gate?
2) Was there any contact from the government or fa all the time they were on the trip?
3) Did the club really want to play the last 2 games with so much unclarity surrounding the trip?
4) Why now are games that were postponed and points awarded have now be changed to be played after we have been punished?
5) Is this season really just been one big scam with celtic having to be the fall guys?
6) How come mib's who have shown on constant occasions that they are not fit to referee and yet still go unchallenged when having such impacts on the results of matches?
Will lenny ever be given a chance to answer such questions, not a chance of it
That/s the gist of the concerns underlying the football issues Jn

(y) (y)🍀

Aye, was myself thinking independence might be the way to go at next Election, now I've given myself a wee slap for being so fekin stupid as to trust the SNP.

Thanks Nicola for bringing me to my senses. And before awe yir wee pals come on with the British government etc etc etc, please note I scrolled bye the lot last time and will again, I make my mind up regarding political issues and for me the SNP ship has sunk.
Might have torpedoed herself ( see that wee article on the when your instincts tell you its true thread ) in an effort to secure the klan vote - I hope not 🍀

Back