Ramifications of Seismic Failure ?

Can only see but would point out he did next to nothing to enquire why we lost out on champions league revenue each year and why we were never ready , never had the signings needed not to mention the millions wasted on projects

Feel a more hands on day to day approach is what we need not a look after the horse is bolted , like everyone else we live in hope but Celtic have played this role many times before

My take on what you’re saying is this.....DD gave Peter Lawwell pretty much a free reign to do things as long as certain financial objectives were met.....PL usually achieved these objectives even if it meant selling our prized assets to do so.....and we were also winning all before us domestically.....which generally kept the Support on side.....even though many of us were unhappy about how we fared in Europe.....fast forward to this season which most of us could see coming.....which has brought all that is wrong to a head.....that is why I believe the reports that stated that DD has commissioned an internal audit of our operations which was pretty grim reading I believe.....and that is also why I believe we will see positive changes being made in the coming weeks.....DD I believe will have to protect his investment in the Club.....and that investment will deteriorate dramatically imo if we don’t immediately rectify the archaic ways we are currently doing things on and off the park....I’m therefore of the view he has no choice other than to positively overhaul our operations.....I also think his son taking up a position on the Board is to keep a watchful eye on things.....a good thing I believe.....hopefully the likes of Bankier et al get moved on the very near future.....there’s lots more I could add here.....but hopefully you can see why I say the things I do.....the revolution is coming...

My take on what you’re saying is this.....DD gave Peter Lawwell pretty much a free reign to do things as long as certain financial objectives were met.....PL usually achieved these objectives even if it meant selling our prized assets to do so.....and we were also winning all before us domestically.....which generally kept the Support on side.....even though many of us were unhappy about how we fared in Europe.....fast forward to this season which most of us could see coming.....which has brought all that is wrong to a head.....that is why I believe the reports that stated that DD has commissioned an internal audit of our operations which was pretty grim reading I believe.....and that is also why I believe we will see positive changes being made in the coming weeks.....DD I believe will have to protect his investment in the Club.....and that investment will deteriorate dramatically imo if we don’t immediately rectify the archaic ways we are currently doing things on and off the park....I’m therefore of the view he has no choice other than to positively overhaul our operations.....I also think his son taking up a position on the Board is to keep a watchful eye on things.....a good thing I believe.....hopefully the likes of Bankier et al get moved on the very near future.....there’s lots more I could add here.....but hopefully you can see why I say the things I do.....the revolution is coming...
Cheered me up that ..

:unsure:Naw ,,,,,your just no selling it to me ,,,,tell me more (y)

Weather we like it or not football is now such a global sport which has become dictated solely on money and greed.
For our club the foundations have been set for many years and yet we still miss out on the vast incomes that could be achieved with been stuck in such a tinpot corrupt league.
Boards of many clubs today treat the clubs more as brands to try and appeal to a far bigger worldwide audience and the supporters are the customers who will guarantee an income regardless as they know the loyalty will never be bought into question especially at celtic.
Most supporters work on success as the financial side is of not much concern as long as success is achieved a business model sevco scum (SS) work on yet can't maintain as 30m on confetti confirms this is there problem.
I do believe our board this season made the decision of short term pain for long term gains.
We were dominating the game so much in Scotland with success that I believe was damaging our global model as it was such a non event in competition and without an opportunity to expand on it due to the league we are stuck in.
Even the extra income from Europe would have only continued domestic dominance but still far short of European success with any jewels been found would still be poached away from us as we still can't compete on the wages available elsewhere.
Yet we still have one if not the biggest same city Derby in world football that BR snake was making a mockery of, with the non event on the world stage.
I do strongly believe that this season was never about the 10iar for this board but the survival of Sevco scum(SS) was deemed as a far better business proposition in the long run in an ever changing football market.
As celtic F.C as a brand can and never will be matched by a racist serco scum (SS) they are doomed to failure yet we still need them to expand our potential future dominance for which we will achieve easily enough.
With hopefully Eddie Howe in place a new era of domestic dominance can begin with much better showings within Europe.
A whole new team will be created and may take 2 seasons to reach its full potential but will still gain domestic success in that time.
Serco scum(SS) are still a very ordinary team with a disgusting brand, so not much to overcome and we will, no signs of anyone wanting to invest in them shows just how vile there whole package remains.
I still remain positive that with the right appointments the glory will return in abundance yet again and this season was only a blip in a lifeline to sevco scum (SS) but we will kill them off yet again with our success in the future as they can't and never will match "The Celts"

Apologies in advance if I go on a bit with this post folks, I'm trying to detach myself from the blinkered Celtic supporter that I can be at times. I'm trying to engage my head as opposed to my heart.

I've just been reading the thread started by JamesPearson8, The Aftermath and the Conclusion. It's probably a pretty accurate assessment of how most of us feel at the present time. Lubo Left peg also makes terrific points as well. So hat's off to both of you.

It's just that I'm trying to look forward; this season is gone. It can't be undone. I know we'll spend much of our time over the summer looking back and pointing fingers. Given the scope of our collapse it's natural and correct that we look for reasons. I do it myself. However, ( speaking only for myself here ) I'm also beginning to feel we can't dwell on it for too long. The job ahead must be addressed as quickly as possible.

Continued mediocrity will have consequences which could easily last for years. This will impact on many aspects of our club. Attracting players of the right calibre, or attracting sponsorship for instance. We as supporters don't really pay too much attention to such things, ( players apart of course ) but for a club that considers itself a global brand, it is a massive part of keeping up with the elite.

Can we turn it round quickly ? My heart says yes, but my head says no. If the next manager can achieve this, (whoever he is ), even over two seasons, it will be one of the most noteworthy achievements in our history. A bit over the top ? That's what I though too. Until I decided to be honest with myself.

One of the first things the club has to change, yes, even before the manager, the new CEO, a DoF etc, is their lack of connection with the supporters. As I said, we consider ourselves to be a huge club globally. There are literally millions of folk worldwide who have this club in their hearts. But if in the eyes of the powers that be, those folk are considered to be mere "customers", then we are on a downward spiral.

This may sound a bit OTT, but I believe we're at a crossroads. The road to further success simply can't be found without the supporters on board. I'll shut my gub now. HH.
You are not wrong - I do think though that our peoblems started with the goal keeper - the defence were crapping it because there was no superhero to bail them out and that fear I think spread and before we knew it we were points down with games to play. We were the best team in all but a couple of games we played in but lost stupoid goals against the run of play (keeper issues) and our strikers were affected by the pressure that that brought. The big difference between us and the new huns was an old hun keeper who saved them time and again. We were actually not that far away and if we had an FF who wanted to play things could have been much different....but yes mamoth rebuild required....could we start with a solid keeper?

Dermot Desmond will not want to be viewed as having been pushed into taking action by the support. It would reflect badly on his view of himself and his ego.

This is why I feel things are going on behind the scenes. Personally, I think Lawell was forced to step down.

What may be going on behind the scenes, I haven't a clue. But hopefully it will allow the pieces to be put into place very quickly, and if so, I genuinely believe we will win the league next season.

A CEO willing to fight the club's corner at every opportunity is an absolute necessity.

A modern thinking management team, tacticaly aware, together with fresh, fitter, eager players, will do a lot to refresh us.

We all know they are not great. And being honest, are there to be taken by any half decent side.

A good start will be everything. Being hungry will win it.

Last edited:

I thought that PL was doing a good job but last few year he thought we cud romp league way average players and the way the money in the game went average players were goin for good money so he probs thought he cud still make money and win everything but he totally underestimated how much work the team needed last summer...I think winning last season masked alot and he fucked up he was playing footy manager but in real life others in the club were probably too weak to tell Lawwell we were on wrong road he had too much power imo and we are paying for it now hopefully the shake up at the club gets us on rite road again I canny see DD just letting us drift aimlessly hes got too much at stake 🤞

I’ve said this before I think the players at Celtic park aren’t that bad just Rudderless
No proper fitness/dietary regimen in place no game plan no proper Tactical awareness.
Poor management, Board fu o 💩
Pretty much the same as the Snakes team that swept all before them.
Get in a proper modern Man Manager get them fit get them drilled till it hurts.
Add some (hardest to do ) Quality to the squad then get fucking into those Zombie non paying fuckwits and take back our Title.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

I’ve said this before I think the players at Celtic park aren’t that bad just Rudderless
No proper fitness/dietary regimen in place no game plan no proper Tactical awareness.
Poor management, Board fu o 💩
Pretty much the same as the Snakes team that swept all before them.
Get in a proper modern Man Manager get them fit get them drilled till it hurts.
Add some (hardest to do ) Quality to the squad then get fucking into those Zombie non paying fuckwits and take back our Title.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
I agree , they're not bad players just been mismanaged imo plus injuries to key players , firmly believe that Ronny Deila would win it back with a little decent backing, it was always going to end , spectacularly blew up in public wasnt what I expected but anh half decent manager will win it back I'm sure HH

Another terrific post GS, and like Imatim's post I love the positivity and optimism. I could've written it myself before I took my Celtic supporters hat off. But I would've been kidding myself. I would've been stating what I hoped would happen, rather than what I think will happen.

I understand the thinking behind the optimism; we really only have to be better than the team above us, and as you say, they're not world beaters. I mean no disrespect to the rest of the clubs in Scottish football, but the truth is, the game here is very poor.

Sad thing is though, we've regressed to the point where a number of our players simply aren't good enough to wear the jersey, and those who are decent, don't want to be here.. I know that probably sounds like something a cheesed-off supporter would say. But I actually believe it.

The number of new players needed to challenge shows the extraordinary extent of our collapse. I think we're both long enough in the tooth to accept the fact that some of those players will struggle with the weight of our famous jersey. They won't all hit the ground running.

I hope you are 100% correct in your assessment. I hope I have egg all over my face come the end of next season. Believe me, there's nothing I would like more. In fact, I'll meet you at the Walfrid statue before or after the game and I'll gladly shake your hand and buy you a pint.

As for Howe, you've perfectly summed up the wonderful opportunity he has to establish himself amongst the top managers. I'm just not convinced he has what is takes. That's not me having a go at the bloke. I really don't see enough in his time at smaller clubs to feel I can say he's the right man. I just don't know.

Still, I'm up for the journey. HH
If god spares me Frank I will hold you to your offer,as I said in my post Frank there is only one difference in all the Celtic sevco games and it was a massive difference called McGregor.
This guy kept them in Europe and went a long way to win the league for them so early.
Have a look back at their season and you will see that almost NOTHING went wrong for them.
Done twice for breaking covid rules and came out smelling of Roses,even up to yesterday they still carried the luck the have had all season,a rookie referee allows play to carry on after a foul has been commited then decides to book the player after play has broken down,I am sure play must be stopped before he can give a booking,,I think mate this is what is called having your cake and eating it..
In Europe they got the best possible draws for every game they played,unlike ourselves who could have done with a bit of luck with the draws.
We ask ourselves Frank,where did it all go wrong,IMO it started with with the signings we did not make,
Ivan Tony being the big one,then the panic buying of a goalkeeper and a striker for almost £10m,then there was big Shane 2 games 2 goals then car crash,Bolingolli was another disaster,Europe a total disaster,Ross County,Forrest injury,Julien injury,Mikey Johnston injury,it just did not get any better Frank,we have a left back who thinks he needs to count to sixty before he can take a throw-in,a loan right back who would struggle to get a game in our championship,a goalkeeper who I have absolutely no faith in,I believe he is Hamilton,Motherwell,St Mirren class,not Celtic class,a striker who has not wanted to be here since the day his big pal Moussa left,another French player N,Champ who wanted away but unfortunately nobody wants him,Christies dad beating his drum for a move,Ajer thinking he is better than he is..are these people replaceable ?? 100% they are,but we should not need to make so many replacements we have an academy which has to my knowledge produced 4 players in the last 6 yearsTeirney,Welsh, Hazard and Johnston,what happened to young Dembelle ?? the Celtic Messi,Okoflex,Harper,McGowan,etc.
Apart from these little idiosyncrasies Frank everything seems to be moving along nicely..

HH.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back