Ramifications of Seismic Failure ?

Seismic is definitely one way to describe the failure but also the task ahead.We have no recruitment team at present there are so many transfer deals to be managed in and out the door that all take time and then there is the time that it takes our board to complete just one of those deals. Brexit will mean clubs are no longer able to sign European players under EU rules related to free movement of labour. Instead, these players will now require a governing body endorsement (GBE) in order to be eligible, just as non-EU players required in the past. I am unsure what the clowns at the SFA have agreed for our wee league is it a points system like England or god help us if they have the final say on rubber stamping transfers.
It suggests we are in a different market and possibly a more local and UK one. Of course it highlights our failure of developing young players at any serious success rate and could force us to at last do this properly but of course this aspect of rebuild will take years.
I don't think we would be any where near ready for the champions League this year and will need considerable luck of the draw to qualify. Another season without that CL cash , we still have fans restrictions, covid protocols still in place, the time we will need to to get a new managers way of coaching in our new team ...tie in no captain there is much more I could add however I don't want to any more negative.
The time for serious leadership and correct decision making is now if we are to give ourselves a semblance of a chance getting that automatic champions league place the following season. HH

Sevco are no great shakes, if we take recruitment seriously, from the manager onwards, we can easily turn it around in one close season. That's a big "if" though.
I agree they are not brilliant however they will also be taking their recruitment seriously given they will be desperate for CL cash and are in far better shape than us so they will strengthen no matter their debt.

Seismic is definitely one way to describe the failure but also the task ahead.We have no recruitment team at present there are so many transfer deals to be managed in and out the door that all take time and then there is the time that it takes our board to complete just one of those deals. Brexit will mean clubs are no longer able to sign European players under EU rules related to free movement of labour. Instead, these players will now require a governing body endorsement (GBE) in order to be eligible, just as non-EU players required in the past. I am unsure what the clowns at the SFA have agreed for our wee league is it a points system like England or god help us if they have the final say on rubber stamping transfers.
It suggests we are in a different market and possibly a more local and UK one. Of course it highlights our failure of developing young players at any serious success rate and could force us to at last do this properly but of course this aspect of rebuild will take years.
I don't think we would be any where near ready for the champions League this year and will need considerable luck of the draw to qualify. Another season without that CL cash , we still have fans restrictions, covid protocols still in place, the time we will need to to get a new managers way of coaching in our new team ...tie in no captain there is much more I could add however I don't want to any more negative.
The time for serious leadership and correct decision making is now if we are to give ourselves a semblance of a chance getting that automatic champions league place the following season. HH
Terrific post M7.

Our recruitment over the last 2-3 years has been a major disappointment and the main reason we find ourselves in this position, peters master plan of buying cheap promising youngsters and flipping them for big profits can only happen it you have coaches in place that can make players better, something sadly we don’t have....

Does Des remind anyone of a dodgy landlord?
Didnt let players move and held them to contract for an extra year.
His plan was to put the place on the market.
Players stop keeping the place in order and the gaff falls into disrepair.
Now Des is thinking "bastard im going to have to sit on this for a year and do it up a bit"
His handyman PL has been given the bullet as part of his landlord licence not being revoked by Right Move estate agents.
"Peter telt me the repairs had been done? Whit do you mean he just painted over the damp and put some new plasterboard over cracks caused by the foundations crumbling? Dont worry he is gone!"
Fast forward to Dom coming in.

"Right Dom my good lad. Ive kept the full deposit off the ST holders from last year, ill be getting another whack coming in shortly. Way down to B&Q and pick up some plasterboard and paint"

"But Des, the walls need stitched?"

‘’Ye think im made a money Dom?Just get the plasterboard and paint thats one up from the basics range then. Away ye go. Im offloading this the minute the market picks up again‘’

So in short Des will put some dough in. He is a gambler and with his business head on he will still look to spend as little as he can. Not what he should.

significant investment for me would have to be 100% of player sales spent + our usual 15m

Members online

Latest posts

Back