Rangers(sic)retail Ltd

The rehab centres have a great success rate with the booze.

I know the rehabs for the gear try n re-home in different area’s.

But the costs of rehab is insane.

Its still very much a blaming culture with the non afflicted saying they get what they deserve they did it to themselves.

Wonder if they would feel the same if it was their kids..... if so i pray for them

There but for the Grace of God, Maria. There will always be a blame culture as long as some folk think they're better than others.

No-ones better than anyone in my book.

Some are smarter some are luckier some have the gift of the gab etc but only makes them good at something.

I think we can all make poor choices at times and some end up paying with loss of dignity and loss of life.

Its a shame what a poor choice can cause

Just don’t think a man, a real man hits women.

My brother would have been halfed in two by my dad had he ever sunk so low.

Still each to their own principles or lack there-off.

Just my opinion.

See that great city of your made the daily’s SP. heroin problem out of control. Feel heart sorry for them. Hopefully they get the help they need.

HH pal ☘️
Yer right Maria, a terrible deadly drug. I have lost so many friends and family members to that shite. I feel really sorry for the young lassies cos I know what they have to do to get their score bag. Tis a shite state of affairs. My cousins daughter fell into that life and couldna get aff it (two cousins daughters in fact, both now dead, beautiful young women too).
I am so glad I got oot of Kirkton in the mid 80s just as Heroin arrived.
I can't explain the madness. Prison or The Grave is the inevitable destination.

Yer right Maria, a terrible deadly drug. I have lost so many friends and family members to that shite. I feel really sorry for the young lassies cos I know what they have to do to get their score bag. Tis a shite state of affairs. My cousins daughter fell into that life and couldna get aff it (two cousins daughters in fact, both now dead, beautiful young women too).

Sorry for your loss’s Richy, truly heartbreaking watch people become scared of their own shadow’s. Heroin takes everything from a person before it destroys them.

Horrific.

I don't think there's a single person in our city who hasn't been affected by the influx of class A drugs and other mind-altering, life-reducing substances, Rich.

Like yourself, I've attended far too many funerals in the last 20-years of friends, family and colleagues who happened across these substances.

Far more qualified and educated people than me have thus far failed to come up with an appropriate solution, but the hand-wringers at DC Thompson appear to have plenty of suggestions which usually include AK47's, penal colonies, and various other forms of corporal and capital punishment.

Education (real education) is the best form of intervention, but for as long as we continue to spend a couple of hundred million quid on white elephants at the waterfront (that still only created a minimal number of fairly paid jobs), then the problem will continue to reach epidemic proportions.

Going to need a bigger carpet and a massive broom to sweep it all under.

I don't think there's a single person in our city who hasn't been affected by the influx of class A drugs and other mind-altering, life-reducing substances, Rich.

Like yourself, I've attended far too many funerals in the last 20-years of friends, family and colleagues who happened across these substances.

Far more qualified and educated people than me have thus far failed to come up with an appropriate solution, but the hand-wringers at DC Thompson appear to have plenty of suggestions which usually include AK47's, penal colonies, and various other forms of corporal and capital punishment.

Education (real education) is the best form of intervention, but for as long as we continue to spend a couple of hundred million quid on white elephants at the waterfront (that still only created a minimal number of fairly paid jobs), then the problem will continue to reach epidemic proportions.

There is always a solution just need the right people to push it further.
MV5BMjAyNTcxNTM2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY1NjcxMQ@@._V1_.jpg

They don't need to sweep it under the carpet, SP. They bury or cremate the problem.

Not a popular idea for some but I think safe zones for people on the drug are a must if we want to cut the overdose count.
Addicts are always going to take the stuff until they either get real help, or they take the very big and difficult steps to come off it.
Safe zones for addicts have been used in Europe for years, and while not a user of the hard stuff myself, I've witnessed this with my own eyes and it works well, the evidence backs it up.
Evidence is also available from countries that treat this as a health issue and not a criminal issue, have more success in getting addicts clean, sadly I don't think we live in a country that has the balls to go down this route.

Not a popular idea for some but I think safe zones for people on the drug are a must if we want to cut the overdose count.
Addicts are always going to take the stuff until they either get real help, or they take the very big and difficult steps to come off it.
Safe zones for addicts have been used in Europe for years, and while not a user of the hard stuff myself, I've witnessed this with my own eyes and it works well, the evidence backs it up.
Evidence is also available from countries that treat this as a health issue and not a criminal issue, have more success in getting addicts clean, sadly I don't think we live in a country that has the balls to go down this route.

Fantastic post Ben. ??

re: drug use, I have lost many friends in including brother. People are ignorent to this addiction. Oh it's there fault. Bollocking it's like acohol, gambling etc. It covers all class divisions. Reminds me when I was smoking n hash late seventies early eighties, you could not get hash due to clampdown but you could get heroin or coke. POLICE! !!?????

Members online

Latest posts

Back