Reaction – “Talk is about Shane Duffy, he’s the exact type of defender we need. Would be a cracking signing”

from kds

Well this seems to be gathering pace this evening....
Have received 2 texts (ohhhhhhh) from 2 different folk from Derry tonight saying the Duffy move is very much on!
None other than Duffys fellow Derryman (well technically Kilrea-man) Martin O'Neill is a big influence on the move and has had talks with Shane about the club

That could also back what some posters on here were saying at the start of the week that O'Neill was coming in as Director Of Football

1597444599138.png
from kds

Have received 2 texts (ohhhhhhh) from 2 different folk from Derry tonight saying the Duffy move is very much on!
None other than Duffys fellow Derryman (well technically Kilrea-man) Martin O'Neill is a big influence on the move and has had talks with Shane about the club

That could also back what some posters on here were saying at the start of the week that O'Neill was coming in as Director Of Football

from kds

'Scoop kelly'😎

Talks in England that the dealing is stalling as Brighton want £2 million up front.
The only questions Celtic should be asking is do you want a cheque or will you take a phone payment from Pete on the company card.
Well get that back if he helps us through the C.L. Qualifiers
We've got two weeks grace thanks to Boli get the deal done and him up the road to train with the team before the next game.

Talks in England that the dealing is stalling as Brighton want £2 million up front.
The only questions Celtic should be asking is do you want a cheque or will you take a phone payment from Pete on the company card.
We've got two weeks grace thanks to Boli get the deal done and him up the road to train with the team before the next game.
I may be wrong but I think the deadline for signing in time for the first European qualifiers is Monday night. Not sure if we are allowed a wildcard late addition after this? We shouldn't need him for the Icelandrrs but if Ajer or Jullien get injured in trainkng beforehand then this isn't so good.

Just pay them ,come on stop piddling about spend the dosh . Ffs lets be positive get the done and sealed this season of all seasons come away NOW our back line
needs this player

on kds last night they were saying brighton want us to pay 80% of his wages if its a loan deal so looks like the cost of a loan would be well out the window as rumour is he's on £40k
So if we were going for him it will be a permanent deal ,still think were missing a trick by not going for mcclean

If the tweet i noticed is correct regarding him having a medical on Monday then that might be done bearing in mind he can be registered ahead of the Euro deadline on squads?
Let's hope so Stevie. I am still a big fan of Jullien & Ajer and hope that they compliment Duffy's more aggressive style really well - either in a back 3 or 4 formation. If he does sogn then I suspect he will overtake CalMac as Broony's replacement as our next captain.

Let's hope so Stevie. I am still a big fan of Jullien & Ajer and hope that they compliment Duffy's more aggressive style really well - either in a back 3 or 4 formation. If he does sogn then I suspect he will overtake CalMac as Broony's replacement as our next captain.
I'd like us to play with a back 3 of Ajer, Julie and Duffy. That allows us to play two up front and i think we're much better as a 3-5-2.

I'd like us to play with a back 3 of Ajer, Julie and Duffy. That allows us to play two up front and i think we're much better as a 3-5-2.
Absolutely. We can also tinker with this by selecting or subbing wing backs/full backs/wingers accordingly. Against big European teams we can even play Broony and Soro as holding players in front of these three with CalMac's industry being utilised further up the pitch.

Latest posts

Back