Read Ronaldo's sister's lengthy Rant at former Celtic Star, Virgil van Dijk

I like brussel sprouts. And pumpkin pie. But not together.

I didn't know Walker's made crisps. All we get here is the shortbread, which is pretty good as far as shortbread goes. One issue I had with Walker's -- and I even wrote to them via the email on the tin -- was that on one box they had MADE IN SCOTLAND and a picture of Big Ben. Now, I know: Most Americans probably think that Big Ben is where the Loch Ness monster lives -- yeah, many here ARE really that stupid -- but if you wanted to put something iconic and Scottish on the tin, why not -- oh, I don't know, Paradise?

A different Walkers I think. Homemade shortbread is far superior to any factory made stuff.

I would agree, Shammy. Anyway, we have a store called Cost Plus World Market which has food and items from such exotic places as, um, Canada and Europe and Australia and even Japan :D Actually, there are a lot of European food and candy there, and they carry a lot of Walkers shortbread, which can be found here:

Considering the alternative to the "industry standard" shortbread cookies here, which are called Lorna Doone's (and taste like beach sand), the Walkers is pretty good.

I like brussel sprouts. And pumpkin pie. But not together.

I didn't know Walker's made crisps. All we get here is the shortbread, which is pretty good as far as shortbread goes. One issue I had with Walker's -- and I even wrote to them via the email on the tin -- was that on one box they had MADE IN SCOTLAND and a picture of Big Ben. Now, I know: Most Americans probably think that Big Ben is where the Loch Ness monster lives -- yeah, many here ARE really that stupid -- but if you wanted to put something iconic and Scottish on the tin, why not -- oh, I don't know -- Paradise?
That is different Walkers. The crisp makers are from Leicester,are the biggest in Britain and are advertised by Gary Lineker.

Walkers shortbread is made in Aberlour and are excellent (when my wife was a school kid - a long time ago now - she worked there for a Saturday job and at the holidays). Sadly though the company is pro-UK and very anti-indepence for Scotland and actively promote their Britishness (but also exploit the everything-tartan Scottishness £$€¥ revenue stream). I doubt they'll print Parkhead shortbread tins any time soon!

I'll tell you what else is pish about Christmas, the presents. I don't run about buying myself things but when I do I like quality, especially when it comes to tools. My missus on the other hand likes a bargain (even if it's shite) one year she bought me a £1 hacksaw from poundland, wtf am I going to do with a £1 hacksaw? Carve the fuckin turkey? 🦃

Walkers shortbread is made in Aberlour and are excellent (when my wife was a school kid - a long time ago now - she worked there for a Saturday job and at the holidays). Sadly though the company is pro-UK and very anti-indepence for Scotland and actively promote their Britishness (but also exploit the everything-tartan Scottishness £$€¥ revenue stream). I doubt they'll print Parkhead shortbread tins any time soon!

Yep, Bridie Bhoy, that seems pretty obvious, unfortunately. There are several tins that have Union Jacks painted across the cover, which is very offputting. There is one, though, with the Scottish flag painted across it, which is kind of cool. Anyway, good info to know. By the way, I haven't heard back from them, so ...

Thing about Christmas is its all pish, the foods pish, when else do you get force fed brussel fucking sprouts and turkey? Never! If it was good you'd have it all fucking year, same with Christmas music it's pish as well, if it was any good you'd listen to during July! And if having a six foot bastard tree in your living room was a good idea you'd plant one and have it as a permanent fixture! The weathers pish as well. Sorry Artur Claus but it's all shite.
Top rant Hoopy! phuq christmas!

Yep, Bridie Bhoy, that seems pretty obvious, unfortunately. There are several tins that have Union Jacks painted across the cover, which is very offputting. There is one, though, with the Scottish flag painted across it, which is kind of cool. Anyway, good info to know. By the way, I haven't heard back from them, so ...
Larry for your info and maybe save you waiting on a reply.
NICKY WALKER - Clarets Mad

www.clarets-mad.co.uk › feat › nicky_walkernbsp_340498

19 Sep 2012 - Joseph Nicol Walker, or Nicky Walker to Burnley fans, was signed by Jimmy ... a move to Rangers and for a while he was first choice goalkeeper. ... the family business, Walkers Shortbread, a company founded in 1898 by his ...

Back