Real Betis v Celtic - Europa League 5.45pm Thursday 16th September

Monty played well enough at the weekend to convince Ange to let him start the game tomorrow.
I know. He was fantastic and I did think about having him further up the pitch instead of Jota as he would also add more steel as I think we should keep it tight early on. Monty could develop into a wonderful player for us.

This is a different type of game for us and it is even harder having so many players missing. I obviously hope we will win but I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw as that could be a crucial point.

10 players unavailable....
No McGregor
No Furuhashi
No Forrest
No Abada
No Taylor
No Jullien
No Giokoumakis
No Johnston
No Bitton
No Dembele

The post window concern for me was lack of squad depth. We will see the result of that on Thursday.
A full strength team would struggle to get a result in Seville against Betis so I cant see anyway of getting one now.
No idea how we'll line up. Ange hasn't wavered from 4-3-3 but may need to modify to a 4-2-3-1 and have an extra defensive midfielder (assuming McCarthy is fit enough to start). Playing Turnbull and Rogic would be a bigger disaster against Betis than it was against AZ away

Hart
Ralston Carter-Vickers Startfelt Juranovic
McCarthy Soro
Jota Turnbull Montgomery
Ajeti
Subs - Bain, Barkas, Welsh, Urhoghide, Shaw, Rogic, Scales, Henderson, 2 other youngsters for experience

Cant see anything but a defeat, hoping for a decent performance, more gamete for new players and some younger players getting Euro experience.
In all fairness there is still a considerable pool of talent and experience available to Ange. He managed Australia so he's had experience of being the underdog. This will be a good opportunity to assess his tactics and influence. A team of properly-motivated men in hoops conquered Europe. If Ange is the real deal we have a chance.

if the chat is 10 players out then your already making excuses
the 11 we have on are good enough
it's on them

big ange says it all the time, other players will get the chance to shine and that should be our focus

i talk a good game
I think the discussion is more about what formation or starting line up we'd select rather than making excuses. It must be a long time since Celtic will have started a big game without at least one from CalMac or Broony in the midfield, so it is an interesting talking point. Especially when you consider the other missing players and plus how do we fit in some of the newbies we've brought in this summer.

I think the discussion is more about what formation or starting line up we'd select rather than making excuses. It must be a long time since Celtic will have started a big game without at least one from CalMac or Broony in the midfield, so it is an interesting talking point. Especially when you consider the other missing players and plus how do we fit in some of the newbies we've brought in this summer.
I'm just on it tonight, hic
it battlecry's not articulate conversation tonight BB, most unlike myself

i'll go first
i reckon we start with 1 in goal and 10 outfield players

Throw a mad formation out there.

Hart
Ralston vickers welsh Scales
McCarthy
JJ. AM
Rogic. Turnbull
Jota

Lot of lads not sharp and potentially under the bus. Still a lot of defensive and attacking options and a shape at least.
Pace up front with jota. Ajeti can't play lone striker or even beat a man.

We
I like that formation but I'd like to think that Ange has played them together at training.
We have no idea who is fit or up to speed. With 10 players out it looks like a computer game set up.
I don't trust ajeti and starfelt
Comes down to who can defend. + who has pace that can defend. Anyone that can play a pass then pace up front as a lone cf.
We will see what ange does.

Members online

Latest posts

Back