Soro £2m - never seen
Klimala £3.5m - rarely seen
Barkas £4.5m - binned
Turnbull £3.5m - never seen
Ajeti £5m - rarely seen
Duffy £2m loan fee - binned

over £20m for players the manager doesn't trust/play

only Laxalt and Elyounoussi on loan can be seen as a moderate success

Who is signing the players? Who decides which positions need strengthened? We've needed a left sided centre half for over a year, still none. We've needed to replace the captain for over a year, a procession of players signed and never given a chance. We have no wingers other than Forrest and the ever injured Johnston. We seem to have abandoned the idea, which worked, of signing young talented players, develop and sell on in 2 years. The latter is probably due to the manager being incapable of developing players, no one has improved in the 18 months since he returned, and their performances are increasingly getting worse.
We can for get £30m for Eddy, £20m for Ajer, £10+ for Christie or Ntcham, their transfer value is plummeting by the week and we'll be lucky to get half of what we would have got this summer.

This year we have signed

Soro £2m - never seen
Klimala £3.5m - rarely seen
Barkas £4.5m - binned
Turnbull £3.5m - never seen
Ajeti £5m - rarely seen
Duffy £2m loan fee - binned

over £20m for players the manager doesn't trust/play

only Laxalt and Elyounoussi on loan can be seen as a moderate success

Who is signing the players? Who decides which positions need strengthened? We've needed a left sided centre half for over a year, still none. We've needed to replace the captain for over a year, a procession of players signed and never given a chance. We have no wingers other than Forrest and the ever injured Johnston. We seem to have abandoned the idea, which worked, of signing young talented players, develop and sell on in 2 years. The latter is probably due to the manager being incapable of developing players, no one has improved in the 18 months since he returned, and their performances are increasingly getting worse.
We can for get £30m for Eddy, £20m for Ajer, £10+ for Christie or Ntcham, their transfer value is plummeting by the week and we'll be lucky to get half of what we would have got this summer.

Great post apart from classing ely as a moderate success, he's crap. He was crap last season and we re-signed him on loan again, unbelievably. We have become Southamptons feeder club and lawwell must have trying to keep them happy in the hope they come in with an offer for christie or ntcahm in January. "Aye, we will take your shite player and pay some of his wages but you have to buy one of ours in return"

I would have kept Sinclair.

Great post apart from classing ely as a moderate success, he's crap. He was crap last season and we re-signed him on loan again, unbelievably. We have become Southamptons feeder club and lawwell must have trying to keep them happy in the hope they come in with an offer for christie or ntcahm in January. "Aye, we will take your shite player and pay some of his wages but you have to buy one of ours in return"

would you have kept Sinclair if he was still playing as bad as he had been?

I loved Sinclair woulda loved him stay but I think he was sick of scotland and stopped trying in rotten weather

I dont really like elyounousi

too hot and cold

more cold imo

no sure why Lenny keeps playing him tbh especially since Elyounoussi is one of the least hard working team players I ever seen

glory hunter in my book

was surprised he passed to big eddy last game he usually doesn't pass to anyone except opps

Elyounoussi has scored more goals than any other player in the squad, on assists and shots on goal he is only bettered by Ryan Christie (who's had more game time and has a poorer conversion rate).

Based on the stats Moi is our most productive attacking threat so what does that say about the rest?

Elyounoussi, like so many others, is yet another talented player being poorly deployed by a management that doesn't know how to get the best from it's players.

Elyounoussi has scored more goals than any other player in the squad, on assists and shots on goal he is only bettered by Ryan Christie (who's had more game time and has a poorer conversion rate).

Based on the stats Moi is our most productive attacking threat so what does that say about the rest?

Elyounoussi, like so many others, is yet another talented player being poorly deployed by a management that doesn't know how to get the best from it's players.
you might be right

but he is a greedy b and his passing is atrocious for. the wage he gets if he gets 55k he aint worth it imo

I still have no clue what his position is either

I assumed he was left winger/inside left

but I think he is actually a striker at most previous clubs

I actually think he is one of main reasons club are underperforming

bad vibes between him and a few other players imo

and the phone incident didn't make me think otherwise

he is good player but I dont think he a team player,

I agree team are playing gash as whole and hardly his fault but for me he is luxury player and not worth the big wage

I would argue he doesn't pass enough for inside left and he shoots willy nilly even when pass is better option, but his connect rate is poor, his movement off ball is lacking, his shooting is quite good at times but his creativity others is pretty honking anytime I watch him

strikers feed off scraps while he loves a pot shot as does christie and sometimes they score crackers but I would much rather we had players who want play for team rather than their personal aura

you might be right

but he is a greedy b and his passing is atrocious for. the wage he gets if he gets 55k he aint worth it imo

I still have no clue what his position is either

I assumed he was left winger/inside left

but I think he is actually a striker at most previous clubs

I actually think he is one of main reasons club are underperforming

bad vibes between him and a few other players imo

and the one incident didn't make me think otherwise

he is good player but I dont think he a team player,

I agree team are playing gash as whole and hardly his fault but for me he is luxury player and not worth the big wage

The wage he gets is based on the fact he's an EPL based player, agree probably not worth £55k a week but I'd argue there's plenty in that team right now who ain't worth the wages they're on who are contributing far far less than he is.

He's never was a winger, more suited to inside left or playing just behind the strikers.

As for being greedy and not being a team player, completely disagree, seen no evidence whatsoever of that. If we're talking about being greedy and not a team player then look no further than this season's Ryan Christie, the worst offender on that count by a mile. Playing for himself and seems to have bought into his own (his Da's) hype.

How Lenny has deployed Moi (and others around him) is one of main reasons we are under performing, like playing Calmac at LB......yer never going to get the best from any player if you don't use them properly.

Bad vibes between him and a few other players? Again seen no evidence of this whatsoever where Moi is concerned but if we're talking about bad vibes with others then I'd say......Eddy his petted lip and half arsed displays, Ntcham and his well documented whinging behind the scenes along with his couldn't care less attitude on the pitch, Christie and his selfish antics on the park along with his very public talk of moving on to bigger and better things and Ajer and his various agents shooting their mouths off in the press about wanting out while putting in shambolic performances where he constantly points the finger at everybody else around him whenever he fucks up is creating more bad vibes in that dressing room than ANYTHING Moi's ever done or said.

Is Moi really anymore a luxury player than the likes of Rogic or Frimpong? Both seem to be fan favourites, Rogic walks on water according to some, yet over the last season and a half Moi has been far more productive than both. Luxury is a relative term when talking about players, players who produce moments of magic can be both a luxury or a necessity depending on the opposition.

Like I said earlier I agree £55k a week is probably too rich but if there are players to be called out for the mess we're in then Moi is way down the list as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Out the lot i had high hopes for Turnbull and he must be pissed off he cany get a game going by our performances right now.Not sold on any of thd others you mentioned but then again hardly seen them play.The goalies gash though.

You only had to look at Barkas youtube clips to see he wasn't up to it, these videos are edited to show players at their very best yet he still looked bang average. No presence, no great shot-stopping ability and showed a tendency to go down way to early.

Said all this before we even signed him and highlighted my preference for Robin Olsen when we were being linked with both. Olsen, who is a far better keeper, now on loan and warming the bench at Everton. :(

The wage he gets is based on the fact he's an EPL based player, agree probably not worth £55k a week but I'd argue there's plenty in that team right now who ain't worth the wages they're on who are contributing far far less than he is.

He's never was a winger, more suited to inside left or playing just behind the strikers.

As for being greedy and not being a team player, completely disagree, seen no evidence whatsoever of that. If we're talking about being greedy and not a team player then look no further than this season's Ryan Christie, the worst offender on that count by a mile. Playing for himself and seems to have bought into his own (his Da's) hype.

How Lenny has deployed him (and others around him) is one of main reasons we are under performing, like playing Calmac at LB......yer never going to get the best from any player if you don't use them properly.

Bad vibes between him and a few other players? Again seen no evidence of this whatsoever where Moi is concerned but if we're talking about bad vibes with others then I'd say......Eddy his petted lip and half arsed displays, Ntcham and his well documented whinging behind the scenes along with his couldn't care less attitude on the pitch, Christie and his selfish antics on the park along with his very public talk of moving on to bigger and better things and Ajer and his various agents shooting their mouths off in the press about wanting out while putting in shambolic performances where he constantly points the finger at everybody else around him whenever he fucks up is creating more bad vibes in that dressing room than ANYTHING Moi's ever done or said.

Is Moi really anymore a luxury player than the likes of Rogic or Frimpong? Both seem to be fan favourites, Rogic walks on water according to some, yet over the last season and a half Moi has been far more productive than both. Luxury is a relative term when talking about players, players who produce moments of magic can be both a luxury and a necessity depending on the opposition.

Like I said earlier I agree £55k a week is probably too rich but if there are players to be called out for the mess we're in then Moi is way down the list as far as I'm concerned.
I agree with every single thing you said

but I think the source of most of the grumbling is his wage v theirs hence their petted lips

if you have celtic tv last night goal their is a tension in celebration

I would add brown not been good this season either

but mo doesn't pass ball well or link wide or centre to front

he is first 1 I would drop and send back

not because he is bad player but because I genuinely think his aloofness is an issue but because his wages are too high for our club

And it creates when I signed my new contract you said you dont have x but he getting more than x

now it may be he doesn't get his epl wage at us

but I have a sneaky feeling from watching the players interact and vibes

watch last night clip of goal celebrations

not just vibes with eddy

but with brown

in few other games Ajeti no happy with him either

he is a lone wolf

no a team player and we have too many prima donna lone wolfs in sheep's clothing

frimpong is not good enough

christie too selfish and would be better with a mirror just to check his make up more often

lenny is the ultimate problem

I think he likes lone wolfs

ntcham shoulda been sacked years ago

bitton and Ajer are not defenders

neither is frimpong or el hamed

Taylor is a defender but used as winger

and our contracted strikers never get much game time but mo gets every game despite being the discontent amongst strikers both from service and his superior wage

and if he a striker or number 10 why did we loan him

coz we have lots of number 10s and strikers who are capable of doing the job without him

lenny to blame

he needs gone

but who we can afford or would want it worries me more coz despite fact he been gash this season especially he gets points on the board perhaps by luck

but he gets points on board despite the dysfunctionality of team in scotland

4-4-2 Bear with me here

Barkas- Elhamed Julienne Ajer Laxalt - Forest Brown McGregor Christie - Edouard Griffith

Bain - Frimpong Biton Duffy Taylor - Elyonoussi Turnbull Soro N'Tcham - Ajeti Rogic

Hazzard Ralston Hendry Welsh O'Connor - Johnstone Robertson McInroy Connell - Klimala Harper

Three full teams guys . Team 2 contains two internationals we wont give a game. Team 3 contains one of the most highly rated defenders in the Belgian league ,four Scotland under 21s one NI international One Polish under 21 and two Irish internationals and a striker hotly tipped for a USA call up and I've not counted players like Afolabi Okoflex and Dembele and remember our two American fullbacks Gutman and Perez - Yet we want to buy more players !! . If big Shane is released I would bring in McKenzie from the USA if Moi is released bring on Mikey, Ewan Henderson or Karamoko. We have lost four young talents to the Bundesliga we should be trying to stop the talent drain now. Last thing - Now that you see the forty players at your disposal for a wee laugh pick YOUR strongest team and Subs - Its no' easy 🍀 🍀 🍀 😂

Last edited:

but I think the source of most of the grumbling is his wage v theirs hence their petted lips

I would add brown not been good this season either

not because he is bad player but because I genuinely think his aloofness is an issue but because his wages are too high for our club

And it creates when I signed my new contract you said you dont have x but he getting more than x

not just vibes with eddy

but with brown

he is a lone wolf

no a team player and we have too many prima donna lone wolfs in sheep's clothing

christie too selfish and would be better with a mirror just to check his make up more often

and our contracted strikers never get much game time but mo gets every game despite being the discontent amongst strikers both from service and his superior wage

coz we have lots of number 10s and strikers who are capable of doing the job without him

lenny to blame

he needs gone

but who we can afford or would want it worries me more coz despite fact he been gash this season especially he gets points on the board perhaps by luck

Too many points and questions to address there TET but what I will say is none of us know exactly how much each player is on but if some players are walking about with petted lips, taking the huff or downing tools because somebody else is on more money then they are then they are being utterly unprofessional and disrespectful.

Either do your job to the best of your ability and earn the right to a better wage or put in a transfer request but don't disrespect your teammates, your manager, your club and the support by delivering half arsed performances because you're in a huff about how bad it is to be on £20k plus a week.

As for Moi, I just don't see what you're seeing with regards to how he plays or interacts with his teammates and if we're going to be chasing players out the club due to their 'aloofness' then Eddy, Ntcham and Ajeti would be higher on that list than Elyounoussi.

Again not claiming this guy is a superstar or anything but he's far from being one of the major reasons why we're in the mess we're in mate.

Too many points and questions to address there TET but what I will say is none of us know exactly how much each player is on but if some players are walking about with petted lips, taking the huff or downing tools because somebody else is on more money then they are then they are being utterly unprofessional and disrespectful.

Either do your job to the best of your ability and earn the right to a better wage or put in a transfer request but don't disrespect your teammates, your manager, your club and the support by delivering half arsed performances because you're in a huff about how bad it is to be on £20k plus a week.

As for Moi, I just don't see what you're seeing with regards to how he plays or interacts with his teammates and if we're going to be chasing players out the club due to their 'aloofness' then Eddy, Ntcham and Ajeti would be higher on that list than Elyounoussi.

Again not claiming this guy is a superstar or anything but he's far from being one of the major reasons why we're in the mess we're in mate.
not as a player but I do think he is one of the sources of discontent

and I agree our players are paid well enough to screw the nut but seems modern day players are more into bank balances than football ethic

sad

I dont think he our worst player

but I do think we might be better off either signing him or not loaning at all

im no fan of loans

especially when squad is over packed with that position

I see your brain surgery was a success then🤣🤣🤣.
Hope you're on the mend pal👍

I wiould add brown not been good this season either

not just vibes with eddy

but with brown

he is a lone wolf

lenny to blame

he needs gone

I agree with so much on what has been said already.
We started with 8 players last night that I wouldn't expect to see in a Celtic Jersey next season, can not see how that can be any good for team spirit or moral.
We continually dig out our defensive issues and rightly so, but for me moi and Christie are just as guilty as anyone in this shite set up. With the pair of them only wanting to play inside and wanting the glory of the shoot on site policy.
This is leaving our full back's to doing the overlapping hence play like wingers.
When we lose or give the ball away as both moi and Christie are very guilty of, our full back's to high and well out of position, CB been pulled wide trying to cover space left, Broony to slow to cover midfielders breaking at speed from midfield, with calmac unaware of what's going on around him and panic sets in within him.
With moi and Christie looking at coming inside so much, leaves little to no room for forwards to exploit any space or for rogic to weave any magic as we also seem to mark our own teammates by closing down any space for any creative player to exploit.
Both moi and Christie are also guilty of not moving enough to make space for other players as both seem more interested in personal glory than that of the team.
Of course they may well be playing to this mickey mouse set up that management and coaching staff seem to think is so wonderful as we are yet to see any change in it with moi and Christie still been used in this Manor.
Let's throw in there poor attitude and what a waste,and we still persist with it.

You only had to look at Barkas youtube clips to see he wasn't up to it, these videos are edited to show players at their very best yet he still looked bang average. No presence, no great shot-stopping ability and showed a tendency to go down way to early.

Said all this before we even signed him and highlighted my preference for Robin Olsen when we were being linked with both. Olsen, who is a far better keeper, now on loan and warming the bench at Everton. :(
Unfortunately we made the decision and we're stuck with it 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back