Reflecting on the Season so far ........

BILLCOWIE1958

As we head into the Winter Break with just over half the 2018/19 season behind us what if anything have we learnt so far?

Possibly that Kilmarnock under the guidance of Stevie Clarke can be a force to be reckoned with?

Maybe that Hearts will never win anything of importance ever again because they have neither the staying power nor the bottle?

How about Aberdeen shouldn't be underestimated in their efforts to make things as difficult as possible for us in our quest for a TREBLE TREBLE

Or maybe even that the HUNS despite 6 years in oblivion and not having a pot to piss in seem to have that 'glass half full attitude' whereas many of our support would appear to be ready to throw themselves out of skyscraper windows or under oncoming buses?

Season 2018/19 didn't start off particularly well for our Club

What with us falling well short in our efforts to qualify for CL Group Stages Our top striker manouvering his own departure out of the Club on the last day of the Transfer Window One our 2 remaining recognised 1st team strikers going on extended Leave of Absence and the remaining one picking and choosing in which games he comes to life it would appear at 1st glance that we are struggling That we are on the slippery slope to our ultimate demise That the Footballing authorities are against us whether it be MIB the SFA or FIFA by permitting International Teams to deprive us of our players for vital matches

All of the above are true and we can sit and fume and revel in self pity for the next 3 weeks or we can try and look at the positives of our current situation

So what exactly is our current position?

Top of SPFL on goal difference with a game in hand already having secured the 1st major trophy of the season which constitutes a vital component in our quest for an unprecidented TREBLE TREBLE

European football in February albeit by the skin of our teeth or even by the build up of plaque on our teeth

We have seen our team play some wonderful free flowing high scoring domestic football

St Johnstone away Hibernian home Hearts both at Murrayfield and at home Kilmarnock at home and Dundee both home and away

Sure we have come unstuck here and there and what appears to make this seem worse is that it's not a situation where we usually find ourselves

Going from Domestic Invincibles on 2016/17 to Double Treble winners last season to losing our 1st ever match to SEVCO by a solitary goal it would seem that the. End is Nigh and the doom and gloom merchants are are predicting Armageddon

In reality are we getting worse or are other Clubs improving?

If it's the latter then surely stiffer and better competition can ultimately only help us improve especially in Europe

We have a fantastic Club with a brilliant stadium We are cash rich with no fear of liquidation We have an amazing support drawn from a global fan base We have a young professional manager who ultimately hasn't let us down and I believe is entirely capable of delivering the further success that we crave

Let's KEEP THE FAITH and get behind our Club our Team and our Manager

Let's put unfavourable results and Honest Mistakes down to experience

If we can win against adversity in whatever form that represents itself then surely the ultimate prizes will taste all the sweeter knowing not only were they won fairly and squarely by us and not by us sinking to underhand levels and tactics

In over half a century of following the HOOPS I've seen a fair amount of disappointment and our current situation resembles NOTHING like some of the horrendous times I can recall Believe me

COYBIG

HH?

As we head into the Winter Break with just over half the 2018/19 season behind us what if anything have we learnt so far?

Possibly that Kilmarnock under the guidance of Stevie Clarke can be a force to be reckoned with?

Maybe that Hearts will never win anything of importance ever again because they have neither the staying power nor the bottle?

How about Aberdeen shouldn't be underestimated in their efforts to make things as difficult as possible for us in our quest for a TREBLE TREBLE

Or maybe even that the HUNS despite 6 years in oblivion and not having a pot to piss in seem to have that 'glass half full attitude' whereas many of our support would appear to be ready to throw themselves out of skyscraper windows or under oncoming buses?

Season 2018/19 didn't start off particularly well for our Club

What with us falling well short in our efforts to qualify for CL Group Stages Our top striker manouvering his own departure out of the Club on the last day of the Transfer Window One our 2 remaining recognised 1st team strikers going on extended Leave of Absence and the remaining one picking and choosing in which games he comes to life it would appear at 1st glance that we are struggling That we are on the slippery slope to our ultimate demise That the Footballing authorities are against us whether it be MIB the SFA or FIFA by permitting International Teams to deprive us of our players for vital matches

All of the above are true and we can sit and fume and revel in self pity for the next 3 weeks or we can try and look at the positives of our current situation

So what exactly is our current position?

Top of SPFL on goal difference with a game in hand already having secured the 1st major trophy of the season which constitutes a vital component in our quest for an unprecidented TREBLE TREBLE

European football in February albeit by the skin of our teeth or even by the build up of plaque on our teeth

We have seen our team play some wonderful free flowing high scoring domestic football

St Johnstone away Hibernian home Hearts both at Murrayfield and at home Kilmarnock at home and Dundee both home and away

Sure we have come unstuck here and there and what appears to make this seem worse is that it's not a situation where we usually find ourselves

Going from Domestic Invincibles on 2016/17 to Double Treble winners last season to losing our 1st ever match to SEVCO by a solitary goal it would seem that the. End is Nigh and the doom and gloom merchants are are predicting Armageddon

In reality are we getting worse or are other Clubs improving?

If it's the latter then surely stiffer and better competition can ultimately only help us improve especially in Europe

We have a fantastic Club with a brilliant stadium We are cash rich with no fear of liquidation We have an amazing support drawn from a global fan base We have a young professional manager who ultimately hasn't let us down and I believe is entirely capable of delivering the further success that we crave

Let's KEEP THE FAITH and get behind our Club our Team and our Manager

Let's put unfavourable results and Honest Mistakes down to experience

If we can win against adversity in whatever form that represents itself then surely the ultimate prizes will taste all the sweeter knowing not only were they won fairly and squarely by us and not by us sinking to underhand levels and tactics

In over half a century of following the HOOPS I've seen a fair amount of disappointment and our current situation resembles NOTHING like some of the horrendous times I can recall Believe me

COYBIG

HH?
Excellent post Bill, how fine the line is between success and failure, if the huns had lost or even drew the game on sat we would be laughing at the meltdown, hopefully after a few days the panic from some of our own will have died down, some don't seem to want any competition at all, only relax with a 10 point gap, a sense of entitlement isn't a good thing in my book.
Stevie Clarke has done a helluva job and chairman all over Britain will watching him to see if he can keep it up over a full season, apart from the manager who has a trophy this season and sits top of the table he has impressed me the most. Points look like they will be dropped all over the shop by all but im convinced we will be the ones to catch, no guarantees on the scottish cup this year so if the treble is won it will be an amazing achievement.

I don't want to throw myself under a bus... I want to get on the bus and flatten other teams. No right to win, some would say, 11 against 11 others would say. Yes, we have no right to win so we have to try. Our 11 must realise that the other 11 will be thinking it's just 11 against 11 and make sure that our 11 has more nous and spirit. I believe the team has got some passengers, some complacent and some who can't rise in the face of adversity and it has been going on for months so I am concerned that a three week break won't necessarily be enough to fix it though I hope I am wrong.

I don't want to throw myself under a bus... I want to get on the bus and flatten other teams. No right to win, some would say, 11 against 11 others would say. Yes, we have no right to win so we have to try. Our 11 must realise that the other 11 will be thinking it's just 11 against 11 and make sure that our 11 has more nous and spirit. I believe the team has got some passengers, some complacent and some who can't rise in the face of adversity and it has been going on for months so I am concerned that a three week break won't necessarily be enough to fix it though I hope I am wrong.
It's a really mixed bag, as there were times when you would swear that we were on the verge of being something special.

The way we destroyed the huns to clinch the title. The performance against Leipzig. Continuing to win trophies and some of the football (in patches) has been spectacular.

However - for every one outstanding performance, there were 2 or 3 that were stodgy, lethargic and a wee bit boring.

A lot of sides found us out a bit, but there was enough there to still suggest that when we got anywhere near top form, we had more than enough to blitz domestic opposition and play to a decentish standard against good European clubs.

Consistency and motivation appears to have been an issue, along with a bit of instability behind the scenes in Summer.

We got our balls booted hard on Saturday, but I'm hoping that that provides the motivation and spark for a strong second half to the season.

As fans, we all know where some of the issues lie. It's time for the Club to address these issues and begin putting the foundations in place to safely secure 8,9, and 10.

Everyone at the Club has to start earning their not insignificant coin now. From boardroom-to-dugout-to-pitch, all involved owe it to themselves, but especially us, to make sure they've learned from that debacle and that we can now put it down to experience.

In the league after 20 games 9 at home all wins maximum 27 points, excellent. Now the bad part 11 away 4 won 3 drawn 4 lost 15 points from a possible 33, not good enough. League Cup winners. Thru to the last 32 of the Europa Cup. We have 13 games until the split, 8 are at home 5 away.

Last year's treble papered over the cracks a little last year, and those cracks have been more evident this season. Sometimes we've been superb, but equally as often we would make your eyes bleed. We have definately regressed season after season since the first season.
In my opinion this will be the managers last season (based on no fucking evidence whatsover???). He can't take us any further in Europe, he's beginning to to be regularly found out domestically. His ego won't allow him to leave a failure. Neither him or the board came out of the summer smelling of roses. The league is must then he can go with our gratitude.

We have seen some great displays this season although up until we scored against Dundee last Saturday it was looking like one of those games where you are destroying a team but you are ending up with only a point as there have been a few were you manage to get the 3 points when a draw looked inevitable but the ones we have lost against Hearts, Hibs, the Huns on Sat and too a lesser extent Kilmarnock which I thoughts would get a draw those game have shown a lack of a plan B in his to cope and counter the high press and that is a worry as we have shown we have the better players and should be able to cope .

In the league after 20 games 9 at home all wins maximum 27 points, excellent. Now the bad part 11 away 4 won 3 drawn 4 lost 15 points from a possible 33, not good enough. League Cup winners. Thru to the last 32 of the Europa Cup. We have 13 games until the split, 8 are at home 5 away.
Just to add if interested Sevco have 12 games until the split 5 at home 7 away

We have seen some great displays this season although up until we scored against Dundee last Saturday it was looking like one of those games where you are destroying a team but you are ending up with only a point as there have been a few were you manage to get the 3 points when a draw looked inevitable but the ones we have lost against Hearts, Hibs, the Huns on Sat and too a lesser extent Kilmarnock which I thoughts would get a draw those game have shown a lack of a plan B in his to cope and counter the high press and that is a worry as we have shown we have the better players and should be able to cope .
The 'keep possession, knock the ball sideways till an opening appears' game is finished. Klopp, Guardiola, and all the top coaches in the game have dropped that style, its old hat. We are far far too predictable, even SPL teams have worked that out. Unless we change our style and I mean right fucking now, while this break is on, we will lose this league this year.
Its alright saying "back the Manager" but over the cliff? No thanks. If we don't change, we're fucked.

I completely get the faithful through and through patter...but that's not always a good thing...yes, Brendan has delivered 7 trophies and, on the whole when you look at our position, Europe after Christmas, top of the league and 1 trophy in the bag, it's not all bad...on paper. But some of our performances on the park over the last 18 months have been atrocious. Some of Brendans tactical decisions have been mind boggling and our tranfer policy has been abysmal. The Celtic fans need to get angry. They need to let our board, manager and squad no that it's not been good enough. If we all sit back and smile and say, "yeah yeah, we've been shite but faithful through and through and all that" then nothing will change. People can say we are being hysterical over one loss all they want but just look at the posts on this site. Fuck the hun game. Celtic fans have been pissed off for a long time now. Yes, we have finished the year on top and yes we have won a trophy and are in Europe...but...I want us to do it in style. I want the fans faith in the club to be rewarded. If that means Lawell and BR getting their fingers out and changing something then they better fucking do it. I hope PL doesn't think Celtic fans are as gullible as the Zombies. Parting with our cash week in week out while our team goes backwards on the pitch.

In the unlikely event that we lose the league this year I'll be one of those who called it wrong about the manager, shocking performances in the vast majority of our euro ties to one side, im still going to cut Brendan a wee bit of slack, it does seem like a long time ago since 15, 000 turned up to welcome him to the club, but just say for arguments sake we sack Brendan tomorrow, then a new guy comes in and before having any success loses a couple of games against the filth, we sack him as well, most o f us know that not everything's all rosy in the garden, I just think we owe Brendan a wee bit of patience on the domestic front, personally I've got a few beefs with the team, our european results are on the whole abysmal, plus I would have thought we would be in a much better place for the huge wages we're paying, and im not going to bore you all with another PL bonus rant, we all want the best for Celtic, that's what everyone of us has in common, the other thing that connects us is we've all seen our club in a worse position than we are in at the moment.

I don't for a minute think we'll sack BR. If and when he goes, it will be of his choosing. If there is another stand off with pistol Pete, that may happen sooner than we think.

It’s the distance between where we are and where we should be for me. Being only potentially 3 points behind a rookie with a team full of loans and players we wouldn’t have in the squad shows me clearly how much we have fucked our selves up.

We should have been in the CL. We should have already have the players we all knew we needed. We have none.

This season we have been mostly shite with some brilliant performances. We got horses by Sevco in the most embarrassing display against a shit Sevco I have ever seen.

We are now allegedly looking at loans and projects yet again. From a position of total dominance we have gone backward to let shit teams catch up,

How anyone can look on this as progress is beyond me. We have shot ourselves in the head. We have a pool of 33 with only about 15 anywhere near what we need.

We are leaking cash on dross and will find it hard for anyone to take them.

10iar is under pressure where that should never have been a possibility. We need to stop hoping and saying keep the faith when those who lead us do so from a frightened rabbit position.

The chickens are here, chickens we invited. It’s befn an utter fuck up. Nothing less.

Getting played off the park by that shower of shite shows how far backward we have lunged.

If they continue with go cheap, go loans, all of our goid work dies. Even being in that position tells me they have made a roaring cunt of it. A total roaring cunt of it.

They can sort it now, but who really believes they will do it? Without lying to yourself and trying to sound positive? We know we need to, but I am not convinced we will. It should have happened in the summer and it didn’t. That cost us 60m and we are where we are because of shiting it.

No pass marks from me at all.

We should be out of sight, mismanagement of eye watering proportions. If Lawell doesn’t sort this he needs to resign if we chuck the league away,

It’s the distance between where we are and where we should be for me. Being only potentially 3 points behind a rookie with a team full of loans and players we wouldn’t have in the squad shows me clearly how much we have fucked our selves up.
Me too. I see no merit in slapping our own backs if we are ahead on goal difference when we should be ahead by a dozen points. That means we have under-achieved.

McGinn would have been a natural successor to Broony. Like for like and Celtic daft. All for the sake of Lawwells ego and a couple of million quid at the most.

A couple of million quid eqiuu
Last year's treble papered over the cracks a little last year, and those cracks have been more evident this season. Sometimes we've been superb, but equally as often we would make your eyes bleed. We have definately regressed season after season since the first season.
In my opinion this will be the managers last season (based on no fucking evidence whatsover???). He can't take us any further in Europe, he's beginning to to be regularly found out domestically. His ego won't allow him to leave a failure. Neither him or the board came out of the summer smelling of roses. The league is must then he can go with our gratitude.

The most important thing is that NOBODY is bigger than the Club

HH?

Last edited:
Don't think it been a poor 1st half of the season, ECL qualification failure was a disappointment & Europa Lge was jammie if I'm honest. The Lge has been the good, the bad & WTF? The 1st part of the TT in place, so would give it 6.5/10.

I expect the team to come back focused & raring to go after the winter break, with a few new signings, also I expect a few leaving as well.

I also want us to do they ******* hvn Scum & put them back in their ******* place

☘️☘️☘️HAIL HAIL☘️☘️☘️

Members online

Back