Remember those stories about Newcastle wanting Slippy?

SamTeàrlachH

As with the veritable steaming dungheap of players that Sevco and the mostly subservient Scottish fitba media seem to puff up as world beaters (we all know Jon Flanagan is a beater, but not of worlds), many will remember a spate of stories claiming that the Slipmeister General, aka The Man with a Win Rate Worse than Graeme Murty, aka The Man who didn't even coming close to winning Anything, was on the shortlist to takeover from Rafa Benitez at Newcastle. Most of us knew that it was utterly absurd, given that Gerrard has thus far proven himself to be a sub-par manager who plays absolutely guff football and, despite the media spin, most football executives at big clubs know this. Moreover, most of us knew it was a cynical plant to simultaneously inflate Slippy's profile and provide more [false] ammunition to 'tha peepul' that their Saviour was sought after by big clubs, but completely devoted to Sevco. It was never even nearly close to being true.

Lo and behold, today and I really don't like linking to The Daily Hate-Mail, it comes out Gerrard was never even nearly in the running: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Bruce-clubs-new-manager-three-year-deal.html

If you want a taste of how absurd and delusional those stories were, you should go back and look at them. It's why when I genuinely crack up when I hear people saying he's being primed to takeover from Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Slippy isn't even in the same league as Steve Clarke or Derek McInnes, never mind Jurgen Klopp. Or Steven bloody Bruce.

As with the veritable steaming dungheap of players that Sevco and the mostly subservient Scottish fitba media seem to puff up as world beaters (we all know Jon Flanagan is a beater, but not of worlds), many will remember a spate of stories claiming that the Slipmeister General, aka The Man with a Win Rate Worse than Graeme Murty, aka The Man who didn't even coming close to winning Anything, was on the shortlist to takeover from Rafa Benitez at Newcastle. Most of us knew that it was utterly absurd, given that Gerrard has thus far proven himself to be a sub-par manager who plays absolutely guff football and, despite the media spin, most football executives at big clubs know this. Moreover, most of us knew it was a cynical plant to simultaneously inflate Slippy's profile and provide more [false] ammunition to 'tha peepul' that their Saviour was sought after by big clubs, but completely devoted to Sevco. It was never even nearly close to being true.

Lo and behold, today and I really don't like linking to The Daily Hate-Mail, it comes out Gerrard was never even nearly in the running: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Bruce-clubs-new-manager-three-year-deal.html

If you want a taste of how absurd and delusional those stories were, you should go back and look at them. It's why when I genuinely crack up when I hear people saying he's being primed to takeover from Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Slippy isn't even in the same league as Steve Clarke or Derek McInnes, never mind Jurgen Klopp. Or Steven bloody Bruce.

If anybody believed that he was, they probably thought Warbatton would take them to the title.

Members online

Latest posts

Back