Remembering Johnny Doyle

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Remembering Johnny Doyle – A sad farewell to another darling Johnny, article by Matt Corr​

I was a ballbhoy on the night we beat the old ranjurs 4-2 and wee Johnny got sent off. He was distrought. If some of our present players had the heart of the wee man we'd be outa sight. God bless Johnny🍀

I was a ballbhoy on the night we beat the old ranjurs 4-2 and wee Johnny got sent off. He was distrought. If some of our present players had the heart of the wee man we'd be outa sight. God bless Johnny🍀
Steiviebhoy..I was also at that game now known as "the night ten men won the league" the night we beat the huns 4-2.. it was one of the best nights of my life..I remember wee Johnny getting sent off just after half time and running up the tunnel distraught thinking he'd blown the title..jeez little did he or any of us think what was going to happen later during that game.

I swear there must have been at least 80,000 in Celtic park that night..I've been to many brilliant European nights at Celtic park and the Leeds game at hampden, but that night for me was the best ever..the team was..latchford, Mcgrain and lynch, Aitken Mcadam and Edvalsson, Provan, Conroy, Mcluskey, McLeod and the brilliant Johnny Doyle..what fabulous memories I have of that game.

And they call you a hun? Well said pal👍
Stevie thanks for the support but i really don't care what the people on here think of me but thanks for the support buddy..one day maybe I'll tell you a story about the time my mate, me and a couple of Lisbon lions were playing at golf.

I was playing with the brilliant gentleman Bobby Murdoch (who was at one time the best midfielder in the world) and wee Jinky trying to kill an hour before a business a meeting.

Because i was the member of the local course i had to sign them in and therefore was responsible for any misdemeanors that happened on the course during the round

what happened next was fkn hilarious..it was brilliant.

Back