Resolution 12

Imatim

So where is Resolution 12 now and would you be prepared to contribute to crowd funding to take matters further? Catch any replies later

Certain elements of the story have been passed along to the club for the first time. It would be good if we could get Auldheid on here to explain better; I'll speak with him about it.

Matters are at a delicate point.

As James says what appears like confirmation of the suspicion that the UEFA Licence in 2011 was improperly granted and kept, was provided to Celtic for consideration a few weeks ago.

In a sense what Res12 asked for has been met, although not with UEFA's input, in that all Res12 asked for was an investigation to establish what took place during the licensing cycle throughout 2011.

Unless something unknown emerges to challenge what has been established as a result of persistence , Res12 cannot continue after the next AGM. There is no need to wait for a JPDT which may possibly have been comprimised anyway.

By then either an unknown will emerge that clears SFA and Rangers or it wont and Celtic and fellow SPFL clubs have a decision to make.

Either way Celtic will have to clarify the position to shareholders at the AGM.

It will not be good enough in my opinion for the SPFL clubs to ignore improper conduct if evidence of it is presented to them, because that leaves Celtic in the position of asking their fans to pay into a game where Celtic have obvious concerns about its honesty, but where other clubs are ignoring evidence of it.
That simply wont work not just because Celtic supporters will not accept it but also because supporters of other clubs will be questioning their clubs on the same basis and seeking assurances of an honest game.

On the matter of crowd funding that may become necessary, but the plea for it will show why it is needed and that of itself will be an issue, but hopefully that might not happen.

On the point about widening the base for action, some networking has been done with CSA, CST and SFSA because the latter can form the umbrella under which SFA become accountable. The CSA have upped their support recently which sends out a message to Celtic and other clubs that this isn't a sideshow.

I know James likes his analogies from history or movies ? but I hope I'm not too far out in saying events since the Celtic AGM in 2013 to date are like the Phoney War from 3 Sept 1939 to May 1940.

In the coming months either supporters of majority of clubs say "enough" when presented with the evidence that can be published widely on social media or we surrender to corruption.

As I said things are at a delicate point.

I know James likes his analogies from history or movies ? but I hope I'm not too far out in saying events since the Celtic AGM in 2013 to date are like the Phoney War from 3 Sept 1939 to May 1940.

And I think any historian will know that in that period the enemy wasn’t inactive with the invasion of Norway and the beginning of a horrific reign of terror in occupied Poland.

We all know that Sevco have many allies in the corridors of power and the SFA are fighting to cover their own backsides as well as that of Rangers(IL). Maybe this issue being punted to the CAFS might be to our advantage?

Matters are at a delicate point.

As James says what appears like confirmation of the suspicion that the UEFA Licence in 2011 was improperly granted and kept, was provided to Celtic for consideration a few weeks ago.

In a sense what Res12 asked for has been met, although not with UEFA's input, in that all Res12 asked for was an investigation to establish what took place during the licensing cycle throughout 2011.

Unless something unknown emerges to challenge what has been established as a result of persistence , Res12 cannot continue after the next AGM. There is no need to wait for a JPDT which may possibly have been comprimised anyway.

By then either an unknown will emerge that clears SFA and Rangers or it wont and Celtic and fellow SPFL clubs have a decision to make.

Either way Celtic will have to clarify the position to shareholders at the AGM.

It will not be good enough in my opinion for the SPFL clubs to ignore improper conduct if evidence of it is presented to them, because that leaves Celtic in the position of asking their fans to pay into a game where Celtic have obvious concerns about its honesty, but where other clubs are ignoring evidence of it.
That simply wont work not just because Celtic supporters will not accept it but also because supporters of other clubs will be questioning their clubs on the same basis and seeking assurances of an honest game.

On the matter of crowd funding that may become necessary, but the plea for it will show why it is needed and that of itself will be an issue, but hopefully that might not happen.

On the point about widening the base for action, some networking has been done with CSA, CST and SFSA because the latter can form the umbrella under which SFA become accountable. The CSA have upped their support recently which sends out a message to Celtic and other clubs that this isn't a sideshow.

In the coming months either supporters of majority of clubs say "enough" when presented with the evidence that can be published widely on social media or we surrender to corruption.

As I said things are at a delicate point.
Auldheid how you doing hope you are well,
Since you just said regarding this year's AGM will probably be the last time it's mentioned, how long would you expect the sfa to come to a decision regarding if they will or won't take the evidence to CAS, and if not what sort of reaction would you expect from fellow shareholders considering the evidence that celtic know about yet let the sfa just boot it into the long grass, surely the CEO would have serious question to answer ?

I'm guessing but I think CAS is an attempt to kick the can further down the road.

However if it goes there with full and proper terms of reference, it can only come to one conclusion and neither TRFC/RFC nor SFA will come out of it well.

I'd expect some horse trading instead but that is just me. I don't put it past them to be as stupid as they have been since 2012.

It's a great opportunity to come clean but personal agendas might prevail.

I'm guessing but I think CAS is an attempt to kick the can further down the road.

However if it goes there with full and proper terms of reference, it can only come to one conclusion and neither TRFC/RFC nor SFA will come out of it well.

I'd expect some horse trading instead but that is just me. I don't put it past them to be as stupid as they have been since 2012.

Agreed

Would that fall into the remit of the flavour of the week, "compliance officer or to whom does the decision making regarding it fall to,
After the sfa refusing to open the books to scrutiny (ie) the review everyone wanted, I wouldn't hold my breath on them sending the info to uefa to go through, feck I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the sfa recommended Ogilvie for a job there, to try keep them oot it..

Thank you to everyone for their input and a special mention to all those who have been driving this.

Is it possible to put together our own term of reference to be presented to CAS or the like and to ask the supporters and interested shareholders to get behind it prior to the Celtic AGM and to present it at this meeting for approval? Perhaps this site and others could promote it.

It would be difficult for the suits to vote it down if the support was right behind it and it would make sure the terms of reference was comprehensive and on message and there was no wriggle room for deception.

I feel very strongly about this issue and as a Celtic supporter and shareholder I will do all I can to see justice done and I will be happy to contribute financially should it be necessary as I am sure will many others.

I believe if we let this go we will have betrayed all that is decent, our beliefs and all those who went before us and fought so hard against the prejudice and the racism we have endured as a community.

We have to see this through. Our ethos and our very existence demands it.

Again, thank you to all those who have taken us this far.

Hail Hail

Members online

Back