IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

I got to know and become friends with oor Michael from his first ever post on the Celtic Blog. Because he was confined to barracks, a relative got him a laptop, showed him how to use it and directed him to sites that he might enjoy. At first he was a bit slow at the typing as he was a one-fingered typist and that finger was sometimes tipsy.

The Celtic forums gave him a new lease of life and he especially enjoyed doling out a hunskelping on the CBlog but he came into his own here on the Noise where he regaled us with his wit, his wisdom and most of all his love for Celtic and the Celtic Family on here.

In private conversations with him, he has always been an absolute gentleman, a very supportive friend and a great ally when I was being trolled.

We know many stories about his past, some more colourful than others, and can be happy that he lived life just as he wanted and if there's a Heaven................oor Michael will be playing the rebs right now.

R.I.P. Michael Duffy. You are loved beyond measure.

YNWA
That was beautiful Shamrock. No many words I can call on myself right now and certainly none that would do the man justice. What can i say except he meant a lot to all of us and he will be sorely missed on the Noise.
Thanks for all your support MD and thanks for the clips round the ear too.
We may have disagreed on the quality of your chosen (fizzy pish) beer but I'll raise a glass to you tonight. God Bless MD. Sleep well 🍀

It is with a heavy heart this morning, that I post this message from Michael's sister
I don't know what else to say
RIP Michael Duffy, you will be sorely missed on the Celtic Noise
Can't see to type, I am so sorry

D

"HI D, I am sorry to say the Stella man MD sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning. would you let the rest of the Celtic family know . I will be back in touch soon MD and I spent many hours talking about his friends on the blog and he showed me all the pictures of Beau.
Take care and keep safe.
Regards Fiona HH"
Oh my oh my oh my...this is one bit of news I would rather have not heard. At a loss for words here.

Popped up to MDs and no reply at buzzer, neighbour from bottom flat came out and asked if I was needing a hand, said I was friend of the guy in Number and if he knew him and his werabouts if he was home. He said MD is in hospital went in couple of days ago, asked if it was by ambulance or a relative, he said ambulance.

So no idea what the script is and we will have to be patient, asked the neighbour to keep an eye on his door and let him know boab called he would know who it was, so no idea, just need to wait and keep fingers crossed that it maybe just something silly.

Thought everyone should know and I am sure MD will appreciate the genuine concern for him on the Noise HH
Good move boab nice 1 noo just hope everything is ok 👍

We on the noise have only had the great pleasure of knowing Michael for a few years but the out pouring of love and sadness at his sad passing is just amazing this man is so loved by all on the noise. Then you think hey iv only had the pleasure of micheal for a short while and only through reading what he has posted on your phone. But you paint a picture in your mind of that person and it's like bob ross building his picture from the first brush stroke to the last to that beautiful picture that's when the big grin of satisfaction comes over your face.then thiers an imedate family who has lost someone who they have known all thier lives and think my God what are they going through. So to the family of our godfather of the celtic noise micheal duffy you have are deepest simpathy at your sad loss.

It is with a heavy heart this morning, that I post this message from Michael's sister
I don't know what else to say
RIP Michael Duffy, you will be sorely missed on the Celtic Noise
Can't see to type, I am so sorry

D

"HI D, I am sorry to say the Stella man MD sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning. would you let the rest of the Celtic family know . I will be back in touch soon MD and I spent many hours talking about his friends on the blog and he showed me all the pictures of Beau.
Take care and keep safe.
Regards Fiona HH"
Terribly sad news. We will all miss Michael who was friends with everyone on here. A brilliant Celtic man so he was. RIP Michael. Condolences to Fiona and the rest of the Duffy family.

3 hours later I think I can type, just been out to get 10 cans of Stella and a bottle and I plan on arsing the fucking lot and remembering the good times we've all shared with Mick here.
Mick was the first person to welcome me to the noise and that made me feel at home immediately. Since then its been countless laughs, comical tails, poignant stories, lots of celebrations, some commiserations, brilliant banter and one argument of which I'm eternally grateful in recent months we spoke about, had a cyber hug and moved on.
A remarkable man who's wit, knowledge, love of people and experience of life is simply irreplaceable. We all know how much joy this little forum brought to Mick in his later years and I'm very grateful to have been a small part of that.

Cheers Mr Duffy and thank you. 🍺

Back