IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Years ago, if you wanted beer, you went to a beer store
Wanted spirits, you went to a liquor store
There were no pubs, or off licences, if you wanted a beer, you had to go to a hotel, and you couldn't get drink on a Sunday, you had to cross into the States
Now it's all changed, pubs, everywhere, and open from 11 am 7 days a week
The Liquor stores, are run by the Govt and all combined into the same stores
Looks as though our prices are cheaper than most other places
American beer is not the greatest, weak, and the marketing is what makes people buy it

HH

Years ago, if you wanted beer, you went to a beer store
Wanted spirits, you went to a liquor store
There were no pubs, or off licences, if you wanted a beer, you had to go to a hotel, and you couldn't get drink on a Sunday, you had to cross into the States
Now it's all changed, pubs, everywhere, and open from 11 am 7 days a week
The Liquor stores, are run by the Govt and all combined into the same stores
Looks as though our prices are cheaper than most other places
American beer is not the greatest, weak, and the marketing is what makes people buy it

HH
In Germany they have these huge beer warehouse called Getranke (?) shops that sell cases of beer. We would get a case of 20 Big Bottles of Becks for 27 Deutche Marks, which was about £8 at the time. Ye got 8 DM back when you took the crate and bottles back. Never drank so much in my life as I did that year (92) and rarely if ever got a hangover.

Beer, the cause of, and answer to all of life's problems, H Simpson,
I'm gonna fuckin cripple you Durant ye wee Hun bastard, Homers brother Neil.

UPDATE.
Fiona has responded and is very grateful for all your efforts guys. She has given her bank details to transfer the funds on Friday and will let us know what she decides to use it for. To me that's up to her and her business.
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to show her reply as her personal details are on it. Relieved it's going where we wanted.
I'll post the final total tomorrow guys. I cannot begin to thank you guys enough for all your efforts. There are no words to justify the size of your hearts.
I'm very proud to be part of this special place we call the Celtic Noise.
😍

UPDATE.
Fiona has responded and is very grateful for all your efforts guys. She has given her bank details to transfer the funds on Friday and will let us know what she decides to use it for. To me that's up to her and her business.
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to show her reply as her personal details are on it. Relieved it's going where we wanted.
I'll post the final total tomorrow guys. I cannot begin to thank you guys enough for all your efforts. There are no words to justify the size of your hearts.
😍
Thanks Stevie. I'm so glad you managed to get in touch with her. A fantastic effort by yourself and so many people on here. Cheers! 👏👏👏

Fantastic effort everyone. Well played Stevie. You never let us down
UPDATE.
😍
You pulled it all together yet again Stevie. Well played pal. Some effort. 🍀 🍀 🍀

UPDATE.
😍
Thats good mate, I think we've all done Mick proud and I wouldn't have expected anything less. I'm sure he'd have a "riddie" at all this fuss but I know he'd appreciate us helping out his family at this time, it's the sort of thing he would have done.
Big respect to everyone who's contributed in these tough times and big thanks to you for taking care of it all Stevie, I know its been tough for you pal. HH 💚

Thats good mate, I think we've all done Mick proud and I wouldn't have expected anything less. I'm sure he'd have a "riddie" at all this fuss but I know he'd appreciate us helping out his family at this time, it's the sort of thing he would have done.
Big respect to everyone who's contributed in these tough times and big thanks to you for taking care of it all Stevie, I know its been tough for you pal. HH 💚
and his right hand cat 🐱

Members online

Latest posts

Back