IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

I got to know and become friends with oor Michael from his first ever post on the Celtic Blog. Because he was confined to barracks, a relative got him a laptop, showed him how to use it and directed him to sites that he might enjoy. At first he was a bit slow at the typing as he was a one-fingered typist and that finger was sometimes tipsy.

The Celtic forums gave him a new lease of life and he especially enjoyed doling out a hunskelping on the CBlog but he came into his own here on the Noise where he regaled us with his wit, his wisdom and most of all his love for Celtic and the Celtic Family on here.

In private conversations with him, he has always been an absolute gentleman, a very supportive friend and a great ally when I was being trolled.

We know many stories about his past, some more colourful than others, and can be happy that he lived life just as he wanted and if there's a Heaven................oor Michael will be playing the rebs right now.

R.I.P. Michael Duffy. You are loved beyond measure.

YNWA
Had a few Stella from 5ish & just logged on to see this DEVASTATING News😪😪.. Like Shammy I knew MD from the days when the Celtic Blog was full of good people like him & Shammy & it was thru him I joined the Noise! Had Many a good few banter days with him & both of us chased many a HUN aff the site when it wiz properly moderated! Always said I'd meet him fur a few of the famous before I knew he was house-bound & I wish that had been possible! 😪😪.. RIP Mr Duffy, a true Legend & just simply a Good guy that loved his club!! YNWA☘️☘️.. Just poured a last cold one Mick🍻🍻🥳🥳

No commented on the noise for well over a year,but tuned in every day since to take in all the patter and argy Bargy,,absolutely stunned and saddened to hear the news about mr Duffy,my heartfelt condolences go to his family,,,and to all posters on the noise,read all your tributes and feel your pain😢god bless you all.

Guys it's with a heavy heart i have to start this thread. A giant in our family has gone but will never be forgotten. His heart like ours belongs to Celtic and with this in mind i hope you can find it in your hearts to donate to a memorial on Celtic Way on his behalf. I'll find out costs hopefully tomorrow but regardless of costs i know we will make it happen.
If anyone is not in a situation to contribute don't worry.
If we raise in excess of the cost involved the remainder will be given to the Celtic foundation on his behalf.
I hope we can all contribute £5.
I'll use one of my accounts to facilitate this and hope i have your trust to do so. I shall provide reciepts when it's done on this thread.
Acc name: S. Watson
Sort code: 80 45 40
Acc No. : 11953460.
Many thanks guys🍀

Done stevie. Stuck a wee but extra in to cover any short fall or to go to charity. HH the noise family.

Hi stevie. If you have online banking the Iban number for the account might be on the main page. Anyone like me outside the UK will need it to transfer money. It starts GB and then another twenty numbers including the account number
I'll check that out tomorrow pal and let you know on this thread. Feeling emotionally wasted right now to go check. Hoping the beer kicks in soon🙁

Back