The beat of our hearts
Is louder than words
Louder than words
The strings bend and slide
As the hours glide by
An old pair of shoes, your favorite blues
Gonna tap out the rhythm
Let's go with…

The people on this forum are brilliant, bloody mad at times, but brilliant. I'm not on Facebook or twitter or any other social media platform so the noise was my first dip into the online world. I used to read a lot of your posts on the Celtic blog. MD, shammy, TET, boab, Kelly, SP, Sean and even Maria. That's where I found out about the Celtic Noise. I wasn't sure if I would ever post when I joined but I thought, feck it, what's the worse that could happen. It was one of the best things I've done. All of you made me feel welcome and as soon as I got MDs approval I knew I'd be OK on here. I used to bump into MD as I woke up early for work and he was just finishing the night shift. He gave me words of support as a sat waiting on my taxi to go for my op. I'm going to miss the wee morning posts as I sit outside jobs in London. Today's been a wee bit of a blur. I dont mean any disrespect by this but I'm shocked, if that's the right word, about how sad I am. I never even met MD but I feel like I've lost a family member. Maybe it's the isolation and not being able to come home to Glasgow but this has hit me hard. I cant even imagine how his close family are feeling at this moment in time. Sorry for the long post but I'm hoping that if I put how I feel in writing it will make a bit of sense. 😔🍀
Well said mate
It's a measure of the man, as to the heartfelt posts, upon hearing of his passing
I'm usually a good judge of character and from the first post and message, between Michael and I, I felt a kindred spirit
We were close in age and he'd worked down in the Kingdom of Inverclyde and knew some of the places I roamed as a teenager
We spoke of the many games we'd more than likely attended although didn't know each other, and had a good laugh, at some of the stories we shared
I always thought I would give Liliana her first Celtic strip, but Micahel, the crafty man that he was, with a heart of gold, beat me to it
The day Liliana came over for a surprise visit, her face was a picture when she opened the parcel
"For me !!!"
She shouted "Papa!! I have my very own soccer uniform, and look !! that's me on the back !!!"
The photos don't do it justice, but the smile on her face paints the picture
Our daughter will get some better shots and send them to me, I'll post them when I get them
It wasn't today as they were at the beach, but I look forward to seeing and sharing them with you in honour of our Michael
Rest in Peace Big Man, LEGEND, doesn't seem enough of an accolade
5vBPZTt.jpg

6LEmCuu.jpg

tjaU9Mr.jpg

Last edited:
From a distance no baw guard required

View attachment 12970
Nice one Boab, cheers
Got to first know michael on the celtic blog ,him boab, shammy, SP,maria and quite a few others doing daily hunslaying in the end his nightly battles with green machine were legend

In the end we all moved to the noise not everyone at once but we got here in the end , michael was as everyone knows would be the first to welcome folk to the noise that was something he never ever changed .

His night shifts are of legend many a cold morning i'd still be reading everyones night shift posts as the clock ticked on you got everything from politics ,dugs n cats,painting 400 doors :ROFLMAO: and his love of Celtic that came shinning through ,he listened to opinions and gave opinions even if he ever had a disagreement which were very few he always had a welcoming way to bring folk back into the fold never a harsh word a few :poop: were thrown about but that was about it

It was said earlier by others he was the faither of the noise ,i believe he helped shape the noise ,he welcomed everyone in ,he encouraged debate and in the end he was the noise the kinda of glue that bound all us strangers from all over the world to meet up each day and into the early hours to agree ,disagree, debate laugh ,take the piss and do the same the next day and come back for more you'll be sadly missed by everyone michael

thoughts and prayers with the Duffy
Got to first know michael on the celtic blog ,him boab, shammy, SP,maria and quite a few others doing daily hunslaying in the end his nightly battles with green machine were legend

In the end we all moved to the noise not everyone at once but we got here in the end , michael was as everyone knows would be the first to welcome folk to the noise that was something he never ever changed .

His night shifts are of legend many a cold morning i'd still be reading everyones night shift posts as the clock ticked on you got everything from politics ,dugs n cats,painting 400 doors :ROFLMAO: and his love of Celtic that came shinning through ,he listened to opinions and gave opinions even if he ever had a disagreement which were very few he always had a welcoming way to bring folk back into the fold never a harsh word a few :poop: were thrown about but that was about it

It was said earlier by others he was the faither of the noise ,i believe he helped shape the noise ,he welcomed everyone in ,he encouraged debate and in the end he was the noise the kinda of glue that bound all us strangers from all over the world to meet up each day and into the early hours to agree ,disagree, debate laugh ,take the piss and do the same the next day and come back for more you'll be sadly missed by everyone michael

thoughts and prayers with the Duffy family at this time HH
Nice one Kelly, for giving us an insight of M D. Also, I wonder does Maria know the sad news

I never met him,never seen him but his love of Celtic and the noise were immense,his comment and banter (REMEMBER DRINK HAS BEEN TAKIN) his thought for others in time of trouble were heart felt, to say you will be missed will be a understatement........Micheal Rest in peace When will we see your like again Digger/jim

Members online

Back