Riga FC v Celtic - Europa League, Thursday 24 Sept - all comments here (kick-off 6pm Celtic Park Time)

Lennon's interview on Celtic TV before the Riga game put the fear in me. He used the word 'TRY" several times so obviously doers not know that TRY means fail to the subconscious. It is the worst sabotage word in the language. I so wish I could do a video link with someone at Celtic to explain this.
I fully understand that language can be an impediment to progress. I fully understand that an individual may present a string of words that may well pre-empt that individuals subsequent failure.

However - if an individual makes comments upon the actions of others which he can only partly impact upon once the shooting starts, then it would be presumptive and arrogant for that individual to suggest that an outcome WILL be achieved.

Team sports depend upon the final sum being met by the mechanics of the parts. Should Lenny attempt to do something? Should he endeavour to do something? Should he actively pursue something?

Semantic gymnastics don't win football matches, but skill, technical proficiency and effort, more often than not, do win games.

No man or woman can succeed in all of their efforts at the first call. Sometimes, we have to fall down to get back up and promise ourselves that we'll TRY better next time.

It must have been a horror show being an infant in your household when first steps were on the to-do list. If the wee nipper didn't get it right at the first try, would you call that preparing to fail?

I fully understand that language can be an impediment to progress. I fully understand that an individual may present a string of words that may well pre-empt that individuals subsequent failure.

However - if an individual makes comments upon the actions of others which he can only partly impact upon once the shooting starts, then it would be presumptive and arrogant for that individual to suggest that an outcome WILL be achieved.

Team sports depend upon the final sum being met by the mechanics of the parts. Should Lenny attempt to do something? Should he endeavour to do something? Should he actively pursue something?

Semantic gymnastics don't win football matches, but skill, technical proficiency and effort, more often than not, do win games.

No man or woman can succeed in all of their efforts at the first call. Sometimes, we have to fall down to get back up and promise ourselves that we'll TRY better next time.

It must have been a horror show being an infant in your household when first steps were on the to-do list. If the wee nipper didn't get it right at the first try, would you call that preparing to fail?
I used electric shock treatment on my boy. Walked within 2 days, now runs the 100 metres in 10.3 seconds. I'll continue to use it until his personal best drops under 10 seconds. He is six but I don't want to hear his excuses. Oh and when he drops my beer on way from fridge to Dad watching Celtic in the living room, you should see that fear of failure on his face. He'll thank me in the long run

I used electric shock treatment on my boy. Walked within 2 days, now runs the 100 metres in 10.3 seconds. I'll continue to use it until his personal best drops under 10 seconds. He is six but I don't want to hear his excuses. Oh and when he drops my beer on way from fridge to Dad watching Celtic in the living room, you should see that fear of failure on his face. He'll thank me in the long run
I'm sticking a 10 spot on the 2032 Olympic 100-metres final that Niall J Jnr is taking gold in 7.5 seconds!!!

Anything......as long as I don't have to listen to those thunderdolts on YouTube.
You can mute your telly ya dafty! Or turn up your Sidney Devine records to drown out Ant & Dec's excitement about getting a £1 donation from Classless Clay (though of course he will be staunchly sitting on the bench challenging Lennon to a square-go for not being a real Celt).

Hopefully a convincing win and a good performance tonight. We need to shake of this malaise that's set in around the club recently, think the quest for the 10 is weighing heavy on us all right now so as disappointed as I was at going out of the CL I'm glad we're still involved in European competition as we get to enjoy 90 mins of fitbaw without the pressures of the league hanging over us.

Lennon's interview on Celtic TV before the Riga game put the fear in me. He used the word 'TRY" several times so obviously doers not know that TRY means fail to the subconscious. It is the worst sabotage word in the language. I so wish I could do a video link with someone at Celtic to explain this.

Look I get people's frustrations with Lenny right now and some of the criticisms of him and his decisions are entirely valid but if it's getting to the stage where he's getting criticised for using the word 'try' then the plot is well and truly being lost.

Aye there's a few issues surrounding the team right now but we can do without adding to them by creating imaginary ones!

You can mute your telly ya dafty! Or turn up your Sidney Devine records to drown out Ant & Dec's excitement about getting a £1 donation from Classless Clay (though of course he will be staunchly sitting on the bench challenging Lennon to a square-go for not being a real Celt).
"WWWWWHHHAAA, G'WAN, MAN. WAN PAND FIFTY DONATION FROM BRIDIEBHOY"

Back