Riga FC v Celtic - Europa League, Thursday 24 Sept - all comments here (kick-off 6pm Celtic Park Time)

thier history at home in Europe is excellent
This made me have a wee peek at their home record and it is certainly excellent if I read correctly we are the first club to beat them at home in European competition. It's not a long illustrious history granted though they have beaten the likes of Copenhagen there. This was a good result from a lacklustre performance, cant quite think of any other Celtic away European victory that's been met with such disdain before, that just really says it's not about this game it's our performance levels in general and what's at stake this season that's under the spotlight here and lennys take on it. Tbf though weve all known for some time , since before sealing the 9 even that this would be the mad pressure cooker season of all seasons and I think that it's going to get ratcheted up another few knots yet, crazy thing is weve not lost a game domestically, any other season it would be disappointing anyway to be kod by ferencvaros, much like it was Athens and cluj and the SMS are all over it like a bad rash. All the more reason for us all to keep the head and the faith stick together like glue, imagine what kind of pressure lenny is going to be under should we not go invincible again and that's highly unlikely, now for BR he'll be thanking his lucky stars hes no longer at CP if it were this season the debacle in Gibraltar happened..try (pardon pun 😛) comprehend that

Any win away from home by celtic is a good result..... and it was fully deserved. The Long Wall never had to make a save.

edouard was absolutely terrible.... couldn't control a bag of cement, needs dropped. Or sold.

Last edited:
Eddie had 4 round him all night but still no excuse he looked out of sorts , frimpong was the game changer and should hold down a place for the hibs game

looking back it wasn't a great game but the any game against a team that parks the bus is never great

Any win away from home by celtic is a good result..... and it was fully deserved. The Long Wall never had to make a save.

edouard was absolutely terrible.... couldn't control a bag of cement, needs dropped. Or sold.
Was interesting wee Frimpongs comment on the surface and the ball seemily sticking on the bye line, noticed on a few occassions the ball sticking under the feet of players on both sides, maybe had an impact on Eddies control if not he was just gash and a game to forget and move on to the weekend.

edouard was absolutely terrible.... could control a bag of cement, needs dropped. Or sold.
The run of form edouard had been on really was quite outstanding, including the French u21s so much that when the inevitable tail off happens for what ever reason it's a big shock to the whole system Celtic. No player can maintain that form indefinitely even the king of kings, who eddy has been compared with recently had a barren spell or two , or at least by the standards he set. I was also surprised that Ajeti was benched given hes just getting up to a good standard himself. As someone else alluded to earlier, perhaps lenny is using the Europa to bring eddy back up to that standard though what's going on in lennys head right now is anyones guess and everyone's question. He has to be under some pretty intense pressure that's only going to get more intense by the day. Not helping is some of our own questioning his abilities coupled with some strange tactics or lack of on his part. I just hope that we don't see any panick frenzy turn on lenny type of thing from within if we drop some points which we will , we just have to remember it's a slog not a sprint and stay united to the core. Weve only played 7 league games and i can feel the tension building up on here . This is crazy season but we knew it would be before it started. HH ☘

No john no I've not defended the performance in any post I've made so I'm not quite sure how youve reached that conclusion, the post you're replying to I stand by 100% from keeper to back of the net in about 60 seconds, you cant see the quality and speed of that goal? Watch it again for it's the only piece of quality football we displayed. And it was Christie who sent frimpong on the way regardless of what his supposed role is in that formation. The quality of the goal stands alone from the lacklustre performance but there is no question of the goals quality in my eyes
Not disputing the quality of the goal just the 89 min before it and still belive and maybe expect more quality than just 1 minute in 90. So the question remains as to why that is so, and more worrying is the signs of it getting worse not better. I just hope this starts to improve on Sunday as the confidence factor lowering brings unnecessary pressure upon a team as well as our supporters

Next Thursday
Cheers, so a week for Lenny to realise that Forrest, Taylor and Broony need a rest. Hopefully the penny drops on Saturday and we give their replacements 90 minutes in a test against the hibees to settle in. Of course that won't happen as according to Lenny we were excellent last night. Just like that time I was excellent at the Karaoke that night and all those thrown bottles and glasses, 5 chairs and one table were actually people telling me how good I was. That horses head in my bed the next morning was fucking too far though. Poor Dobbin.

Radio Clyde putting the boot in Celtic just made it last night. Barkass had to respond to 0 shots on targets, Celtic 79 % possesion up against an 11 man wall again, oh well.

View attachment 11297
We did just make it. 90 minutes, created next to fuck all, were as slow as a week in the jail, looked shaky in defence too many times. Taylor Forrest and Broony shouldn't have been on. The manager said we were excellent. It was utter shit and Clyde saying it was are right. 79% of possession and did 100% of fuck all with it. A total turgid, fuck all performance. Team selection told everyone apart from Lenny it would be as it turned out. I will take exception when they are at it, but they weren't last night. We were fucking awful from start to ten seconds before the end, then looked shaky. Utter pish.

Members online

Latest posts

Back