Riga FC v Celtic - Europa League, Thursday 24 Sept - all comments here (kick-off 6pm Celtic Park Time)

Whats annoying, is we play against packed defences every week..We should know how to break them down..Eddie doesnt look fit or interested , taylor tries hard but i dread every time he gets the ball..Formation wasnt right and why in gods name did it take Lennon so long to change it..Plus side is we will forget about this game if we qualify for group stages in Europa as it is our level and Wee bundle of energy and inspiration , Pingpong :)

This is gettin worse not better. We are impotent and incompetent. We look dejected.
We're through. Absolute crap. A really poor performance, but it's results that count.
Lennon is really beginning to worry me. Ten minutes in you could see the pattern, yet he persists with one striker, a useless Taylor and both Brown and Ntcham. Edouard cannot lead the line in his own, not against a back five. Taylor is a really poor signing, not a bad footballer but a really poor wingback, yet Moi is left on the bench.
I am starting to get the fear.

A dreadful watch but we got the result and dominated the game. The problem remains the same, the midfield mix stifles us. Taylor at wing back is an issue but it’s the midfield that we need to sort out. It’s not the formation it’s the midfield trio the manager picks. We have midfield and attacking players in abundance, all of a decent quality, but if we play a midfield that passes the ball side to side, or worse back to the centre half’s who will then play it side to side then we won’t create many chances.
MOTM Frimpong by a mile, gets the ball and attacks. Still young enough that they’ve not coached his natural instinct out of him. Get Turnbull into the midfield on Sunday, he’s another who only looks to go forward.
When saying the midfield is the problem, it’s actually the captain. Time to stop picking him every game and playing every minute.

Positive positive positivity bhoys and ghirls. I never saw the game so I get to just enjoy the win. Lennons a club legend and taylor deserves a chance, eli is half decent. Broony has the legs of a 21 year old and ntcham is playing cos he wants to be at celtic for life. Turnbull isn't up to celtic class yet but he will get there by sitting on the bench watching the team play.....everything is fucking awsome 🍀🍀🍀🍀
I wish i possessed your level of enthusiasm ..Ive been cursing the team all night apart from 90 min :)..To put a good spin on it , as was mentioned , they had never lost a European game at home :)

Members online

Latest posts

Back