Riga FC v Celtic - Europa League, Thursday 24 Sept - all comments here (kick-off 6pm Celtic Park Time)

Well that was highly infuriating. Game's finished ages ago, and I'm still in a fecking stinking, foul mood.

Really, really poor.

Relief for about 10 seconds after the goal, then straight back to being fuming.

There's a few individuals who need to seriously do some soul searching.
The way we're playing is diabolical;
flat, slow and unimaginative.

If these players really need fans to make them up the tempo and play to their potential, then we'll be in real trouble.

Thank Christ for that goal, another 30 minutes of that shite doesnae bare thinking about.

This is the first time since fitbaw re-started that I actually feel worried for this group of players under the current Covid climate.

Summed up perfectly, i was close to putting my left foot through the screen ..What really annoyed me is how long it took Lenny to make changes when it was apparent how poor we were playing..I honestly think Hibs will run us close on Sunday...PS Goodluck tomorrow lubo :)

In case anybody missed it I'm no a fan of the 3-5-2 system :LOL: (for a variety of reasons) but one of those reasons is that it just seems to encourage opposition teams to park the bus against us.

With us committing so many players to the attack it suits the opposition to sit back, surrender the majority of possession, soak up whatever pressure we put on them (which is shockingly little for a team with our individual talent) and settle for hitting us on the break whenever they can.

Things become so congested in the final third that there is very little space to play in and no real way through so many bodies which is why we end up with this constant side to side passing that, as we've seen so many times this season, more often than not goes nowhere.

We have an abundance of talent throughout our squad but we're just not using it properly with this system.
Barkas
Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Brown Calmac
Forrest Ajeti Eddy Christie Moi

Bring back the 2-3-5. No-one will expect it 😉

In case anybody missed it I'm no a fan of the 3-5-2 system :LOL: (for a variety of reasons) but one of those reasons is that it just seems to encourage opposition teams to park the bus against us.

With us committing so many players to the attack it suits the opposition to sit back, surrender the majority of possession, soak up whatever pressure we put on them (which is shockingly little for a team with our individual talent) and settle for hitting us on the break whenever they can.

Things become so congested in the final third that there is very little space to play in and no real way through so many bodies which is why we end up with this constant side to side passing that, as we've seen so many times this season, more often than not goes nowhere.

We have an abundance of talent throughout our squad but we're just not using it properly with this system.
But I'm still not convinced he is playing the 3-5-2 that often. The players he selected is really more of a 3-6-1, but the problem is we are packing Christie, CalMac, Ntcham and Broony into the overcrowded centre and Eddy is not so good at leading the line - he is much more effective supporting another striker. Our formation leaves our defence susceptible to breakaway punts up the pitch by speedy opponents.

Appalling in so many way. Forrest, Taylor and Brown starting an obvious one. Forrest as is his form of late, did absolutely less than fuck all. Frimpong has to start before him even as a winger. Taylor is a mystery to me. A total fucking mystery, he continues to be picked regardless of how much he proves he's not good enough. Brown just isn't at it yet and is contributing nowhere that justifies leaving Turnbull and Soro without a chance. Defensively we look weak and a baw hair off a calamity every five minutes. Final third, prior to Frimpong, was as turgid as having to count the leaves on your hedge. Dismal. Frimpong showed again his absolute class, and maybe fucking Lenny and his backroom team of the Three Fucking Blind Mice, with Mr Magoo in charge of the defence noticed too.. Eddy looked like he was planning a Boli this weekend.

The only positive was Frimpong. I blame myself. I said, Just win. Thanks.

Lenny must have read that and picked a team that would ensure it ws just a win. And boy did he deliver. Fucking appalling selection once agin. 1 goal from them and we are out to fucking Wolly Jumper salesmen and two Yak trainers.

Stop picking your pals and drop Forrest, Brown and Taylor for the Hibs.

Last edited:
There was no doubt about we deserved to win tonight but we seem to be making things very difficult for ourselves.
Eddy needs a good talking to,forget the wrapping up in cotton wool nonsense,This is Glasgow Celtic Eddy is playing for,never has any man been bigger than this club and it is about time Lenny took Eddy aside and had a word with him about this seasons performances,as soon as he loses the ball his eyes head for the grass while the rest of the Bhoys do a bit of chasing back..

HH.

Appalling in so many way. Forrest, Taylor and Brown starting an obvious one. Forrest as is his form of late, did absolutely less than fuck all. Frimpong has to start before him even as a winger. Taylor is a mystery to me. A total fucking mystery, he continues to be picked regardless of how much he proves he's not good enough. Brown just isn't at it yet and is contributing nowhere that justifies leaving Turnbull and Soro without a chance. Defensively we look weak and a baw hair off a calamity every five minutes. Final third, prior to Frimpong, was as turgid as having to count the leaves on your hedge. Dismal. Frimpong should agin, and maybe fucking Lenny and his backroom team of the Three Fucking Blind Mice, with Mr Magoo uncharge of the defence. Eddy looked like he was planning a Boli this weekend.

The only positive was Frimpong. I blame myself. I said, Just win. Thanks.

Lenny must have read that and picked a team that would ensure it ws just a win. And boy did he deliver. Fucking appalling selection once agin. 1 goal from them and we are out to fucking Wolly Jump salesmen and two Yak trainers.

Stop picking your pals and drop Forrest, Brown and Taylor for the Hibs.
If yi think Lenny went by your comment, you've real delusions of grandeur mate!😂

I know he is too short but he might be better as the left centre back in a 3-5-2 rather than Ajer??? It is more natural for him than it is for Ajer. Nah - it is probably a very stupid idea!
Ajer I like big bambi think we forget he is still young but whoever advises him are in danger off fuckin that boys future right up he really is still learning his trade and Italy is a place that will find you out if yer lacking and at this time ajer had a helluva lot to learn but 15 million gies it 😂

Members online

Latest posts

Back