St Johnstone v Celtic -***Positive Thread***

unbeaten in 5.png

Unbeaten in 5 games since getting knocked out by Ferencvaros. I can remember MON talking about how much confidence was knocked out the team when we were knocked out the champions league qualifying and how long it took to really forget about it.
So after our worst result of the season so see us not implode but to set 5 wins on the trot is very important. You can't win anything in September.... but you can loses it.
Not great football, but with all things considered I'm happy, a season is a slog. We weren't lucky against Riga, we diserved to win my more, just watch the highlights. If sevco had been knocked out we wouldn't completely anaylsising the game....it would be whoop whoop we through to the next round. Lets see how they get on against galatasaray!
Looking forward to the Hibs game....confidence should be improving and with it hopefully better football.

Remember 66/67,we lost home and away to Dundee Utd,
Simpson-pish
Craig-pish
McNeill-pish
Clark-pish
Gemmell-pish
Murdoch-pish
Auld-pish
Jinky-pish
Wallace-pish
Chalmers-pish
Lennox-pish
And we were aw ragin?, WURR WE PHUQ!, shit happens,they were the only two games we lost in the league that season,so kudo's Dundee utd, Shit happens folks!🍺πŸ₯³

Think positive we were the first team to beat Riga at home, before anybody shoots me down I know they are only 2 years younger than sevco, we have only lost one away game this year that was after we had qualified from the group, if it wasn't for covid we would be going for 13 in a row instead of 12, as we were flying when the league got stopped, plus leigh will be back like a new signing when injuries and suspensions kick in, also when we beat sevco watch for the implosion it's going to be a great season and hopefully we'll be back in our seats at paradise for the 10 in a row party, plus we are unbeaten in the league all 2020😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Everybody is sagging broony the now so to cheer him up here's a we poem a wrote in his testimonial year
SCOTT BROWN

Was the moth of May 2007
He signed for the hoops a move made in heaven
Now its his testimonial year
He still struts around and shows no fear
His move sent shock waves through the town
And almost brought big fat DJ down
Fat cunt said hell sign for the huns
If disny ill resign but then uturns
Time goes by the hoops fans cheer
Scott lifts the league flag year after year
On our way to make it 10
Scotts the man again and again
So arise our broony a man of flair
When you lift the cups the huns will stare
They'll all say how did they get him
Cos he's not meant to be a tim
But a tim he is and he's supreme
Born to lead our celtic team

Everybody is sagging broony the now so to cheer him up here's a we poem a wrote in his testimonial year
SCOTT BROWN

Was the moth of May 2007
On our way to make it 10
Nice one McGarrell but dont give up the day joab!πŸ€£πŸ‘

SCOTT BROWN

Was the moth of May 2007
On our way to make it 10

You and Kev should get together and pen a new club anthem πŸ˜‚

I am ALWAYS positive about the 'Tic ....

I'm positive that Lennon is the weak link ,
I'm positive that Lawwell has cost us big time by his penny-pinching ,
I'm positive that Broony should be rested ,
I'm positive that the defence needs a proper defensive coach ,
I'm positive that I'll get slagged for this ...LoL !:love:

HH

Last edited:

3-0 Home win against a good hibs side that drew against Sevco last week.
Another clean sheet (the defence still needs work - but there seems to be a good mixture in there just needs time).
MOTM take your pick.....but not the Long Wall, did he have to make a save? (Second game running?).

3-0 Home win against a good hibs side that drew against Sevco last week.
Another clean sheet (the defence still needs work - but there seems to be a good mixture in there just needs time).
MOTM take your pick.....but not the Long Wall, did he have to make a save? (Second game running?).
Got a feeling Turnbulls gony be a right good player for us,nice assist and was unlucky with that dig the keeper saved.

1/08/2020​
PRECeltic3 - 0Motherwell
13/09/2020​
PRERoss County0 - 5Celtic
17/09/2020​
PRESt. Mirren1 - 2Celtic
20/09/2020​
PRECeltic3 - 2Livingston
25/09/2020​
UELRiga0 - 1Celtic
28/09/2020​
PRECeltic3 - 0Hibernian

Unbeaten in 6 games since getting knocked out by Ferencvaros.
Scored in every game.
4 clean sheets.
17 goals scored 4 conceeded.

I've been so negative of late I never realised how many goals we had scored πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I was watching the half time show on celtic TV and it went through all the games and goals. Woke up this morning still buzzing from the match yesterday. And we can still get better.

Keep calm and focused, like i said we win well playing bad and only good teams can do that, and a good manager gets a team to win when playing bad, so after that display against HIBS we will kick on, players starting to bed in, but would give maybe another 5 games then we should be kicking on beat the huns then we will be fyihg

On a positive note - I think we should start speaking to Frimpong to tie him into a longer contract on higher wages. I'm not sure what he is being paid, but as it would not have been expected for him to be playing much first team football by now, then I imagine he is on a relatively low salary. Get him on an extended contract to keep him happy so he won't be interested when the richer clubs inevitably start sniffing around promising him riches.

I think if he was to be signed in the next few years (up to 24 years old, I think) by a team in another country once his contract is running down then we'd only be liable for a pittance development fee. Or if we do sell him then I seem to remember Man City have a very large sell-on fee (something like 30%???).

Either way, proactively get him on the wages that his level of first team player deserves as he is worth it. Not only is he a special player, but he is clearly amazing for squad morale having such a bubbly youngster about the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back