Rodgers/Congerton signings ..

Edoaurd and Ntcham more down to Lawwell via his son’s contacts. Sellable assets csc

Little credit due to Rodgers other than to give approval.
Judging by his reaction to the Shved signing, I'm not absolutely sure that he had the final say in approving signings either.

Buck might be an accomplished coach, but a lot of his signings throughout his career have been headscratchers?

Seems a bit harsh. He’d likely have a say so on targets put to him, and some would suggest he doesn’t have final say on them. So I’m not sure what this is suggesting? Are folk suggesting he’s a flop because most players were actually already there? Cos what I do know is that he turned the same players in to invincibles and pretty much treble treble winners along with back to back CL groups. And he’s not doing too bad where he his.

A snake however, that’s a different argument

Seems a bit harsh. He’d likely have a say so on targets put to him, and some would suggest he doesn’t have final say on them. So I’m not sure what this is suggesting? Are folk suggesting he’s a flop because most players were actually already there? Cos what I do know is that he turned the same players in to invincibles and pretty much treble treble winners along with back to back CL groups. And he’s not doing too bad where he his.

A snake however, that’s a different argument
Aye, it might be a bit harsh, but I'm half-past giein a fuck aboot the job he done at Celtic.

He's a footnote in our history and it still takes the players to go on the park and make the magic happen. I'll give him due credit where it's earned, but I still feel he absolved himself of responsibility with the not-so-successful signings and took a lot of credit for Scotty Sinclair, Moussa and Paddy, especially when you consider that two of those three were feck all to do with him (the deal with Moussa was tied up and Paddy had already been here with Ronny).

Jock Stein is all the evidence we need that a manager can be an essential cog in the wheel, but you still need the necessary parts to make the machine run smoothly

Aye, it might be a bit harsh, but I'm half-past giein a fuck aboot the job he done at Celtic.

He's a footnote in our history and it still takes the players to go on the park and make the magic happen. I'll give him due credit where it's earned, but I still feel he absolved himself of responsibility with the not-so-successful signings and took a lot of credit for Scotty Sinclair, Moussa and Paddy, especially when you consider that two of those three were feck all to do with him (the deal with Moussa was tied up and Paddy had already been here with Ronny).

Jock Stein is all the evidence we need that a manager can be an essential cog in the wheel, but you still need the necessary parts to make the machine run smoothly
Hail Hail SP!

So, SP, was Sinclair a signing by Rodgers? Just curious what the backstory is on this one.
First things first, I really like Scotty Sinclair. I think he's had a rawish deal this season, but I guess there are other issues that may impact upon his playing time this season. He had a great first season and hasn't been nearly as effective in the last two, but he still popped up with the occasional game-changing moment and was good for a few goals.

There does tend to be a bit of the one-season wonder about him wherever he's played though. I think Buck first encountered him at Chelsea's youth team and that's where the relationship blossomed. Since then, he's had him at Swansea and Celtic.

I think Scott Sinclair has been a stand-up fella recently. Like a few boys, he's kept his counsel and not gone fishing for a friendly reporter to wield his woes (good luck finding a decent 'reporter' in Scotland mind). He's handsomely rewarded for his time though and it could be that there is a clause in his contract that activates a payrise after a set amount if appearances, or an extra bonus after a certain number of goals. Whatever the reason is, he will be fondly remembered by Celtic fans for his efforts and will always be welcomed back to Parkhead.........it's unlikely that Buck will receive the same generosity in response to his own return. I don't think he'll be chased out of the ground, but I think there would be more of a "ho-hum", rather than a "Hail Hail".

Members online

Latest posts

Back