Rodgers/Congerton signings ..

Ah but remember, Congerton was the man responsible for Coutinho. Hidden away playing for some diddy team in Italy 🙄

Rodgers is a coach, and a very good one at that, but don’t think he has an eye for a player.

I get the impression he galvanises players and gets the best out of them....then they realise he’s an arrogant self centred fud and starts losing the dressing room

Ntcham, good as he is, wouldn't be a first pick for me. Christie gives us so much more. Eddy is the only Snake signing I'd have in my Celtic XI.

My partner is a Liverpool fan and she still shudders when she thinks of some of the guff that the Snake spent the better part of £200m on.

I'd say Good luck, Leicester, but I have nothing but contempt for that club and their fans after their latest chants: "Boris is going to shut the NHS" and "Feed the Scousers".

Rodgers is a coach, and a very good one at that, but don’t think he has an eye for a player.

I get the impression he galvanises players and gets the best out of them....then they realise he’s an arrogant self centred fud and starts losing the dressing room
Exactly this Mic. No doubt Brodgers is an excellent short-term coach but he is too obsessed with trying to be too clever and play outstanding players out of position (see Sterling & CalMac as full backs as the prime examples) as he failed to outsmart his opponents. Also, he builds up selected favourites so they think they are world beaters and runs them into the ground. I think Leicester will do well again next season too (top 6 or 7) then it will start to fall apart and he will leave mid-season.

I watched that insider documentary about Liverpool on C5 in Buck's first season. Man alive, that was a hard watch, because he was cringey as fuck.

I wasn't overly chuffed when he came to us, but that was mainly based on the content of that documentary. By the time we humped the huns 5-1 in that first league game, I was onboard the Rodgers Express and supported him wholeheartedly until the snake eyes started zipping aboot.

There were a couple of lads who warned us about his character on this site (The Deadner being one of them) in the Summer before he left, but I wasn't buying that at the time........

The Irishman called it though and we all got an insight into the walking, bronzed ego that was Buck Rodgers.

The likes of Vardy have an ego too and it won't be long before the oestrogen levels get too high and they start cucking one another........there's only gonna be one winner down Leicester way.

First things first, I really like Scotty Sinclair. I think he's had a rawish deal this season, but I guess there are other issues that may impact upon his playing time this season. He had a great first season and hasn't been nearly as effective in the last two, but he still popped up with the occasional game-changing moment and was good for a few goals.

There does tend to be a bit of the one-season wonder about him wherever he's played though. I think Buck first encountered him at Chelsea's youth team and that's where the relationship blossomed. Since then, he's had him at Swansea and Celtic.

I think Scott Sinclair has been a stand-up fella recently. Like a few boys, he's kept his counsel and not gone fishing for a friendly reporter to wield his woes (good luck finding a decent 'reporter' in Scotland mind). He's handsomely rewarded for his time though and it could be that there is a clause in his contract that activates a payrise after a set amount if appearances, or an extra bonus after a certain number of goals. Whatever the reason is, he will be fondly remembered by Celtic fans for his efforts and will always be welcomed back to Parkhead.........it's unlikely that Buck will receive the same generosity in response to his own return. I don't think he'll be chased out of the ground, but I think there would be more of a "ho-hum", rather than a "Hail Hail".
I fully agree with what you have said Spherical Planet,as you say Sincy will be picking up decent money for occupying a seat on the bench or in the stand,,but I have nothing but respect for the Bhoy,he could have made life a wee bit harder for Lenny by banging on his door every week but for me he has chosen the right way to deal with his situation,,I think he has shown a bit of class the way he has conducted himself..

HH.

On the subject of the Leicester Serpent..
Did anybody see the look on his face when Pep was whispering in his ear..at the Emirates on Saturday..
He was smiling when Pep started to whisper
but 2 seconds later his face was white with anger,he did not even look at Pep,,, let alone reply to him,,to be fair he was 3-1 down at the time..
Maybe Pep said something like,,I know it was you who told the Sun me and Figo were having an affair..Definitely not Brendan only if you bring your own partner..

HH.

Lennon's other talent is being able to change the formation during a game, ( other than Cluj CL and Livingstone away) the games where we've been up against it Lennon has recognised the problems and changed things to suit and we've generally ended up winning. The Snake couldn't do that, 5-0 up or 5-0 down he kept the same formation, same team and seemed to rely on hope or sometimes a miracle!
Lenny isn't box office like the Snake, but we're 10 points ahead of where we were at this point last season, that says it all for me. Theres only one Neil Lennon!

It wasn't signings alone that made the recruitment bad. Going into the world cup it became obvious that Boyata wanted to leave. We lost 9 million, or more accurately it cost us 9 million to keep an unhappy player an extra year. We had ample time to transfer out Boyata and bring in a long term replacement or loan. One of many recruitment mistakes.

Members online

Latest posts

Back