Rodgers Legacy what's your thoughts?

He seemed to take the sports science/fitness up a level after RD got the ball rolling with it. The ideas and training side of it anyway. It's a bit of a mixed bag. Some players it really brought on and I'm sure over the course of the seasons it picked us up some extra points. That in mind I'm struggling to think of a season where we have had as many injury problems. Was it all bad luck? Bad challanges? Amount of games? or has it been too heavy on the training ground that has accelerated the wear and tear?

The manner of his exit was unforgivable,in my opinion it out ways any lasting legacy,he will be more remembered for sneaking away at the time he did. Fortunately we are still on course due to determination and NL. I am now more fucused on the future outcome.

I think it's hard to gauge his legacy right now because we dont know how long lasting the changes he made to the internal set up will last. If the changes to the youth set up: all age groups playing the same style, the level of professionalism and the high tech equipment available to coaches is a long term change, then i think it's a positive one in the long run.

On the other hand, we now have a HUGE rebuilding work to be done in terms of new players. Lennon says its like when MoN left in terms of needing a new squad. Reminds me of Man U when moyes took over as well. An overhaul of a large part of the team with qualifiers so soon could set us back a bit going forward.

Perhaps the biggest legacy he will leave is the realisation at board level that the club can never again give one man so much power again - no matter the name. Just look at that wage bill! This might well result in a DoF structure like we see in Europe and that is positive. Kind of like the States when they have a bad president and so when he leaves they realise the flaws in the system and try to fix it (see Nixon and the war powers act).

Loved the first season, second was drab, this was maybe worse. But all those trophies and hun tears were delicious. Just hope we get it right this summer

He destroyed everything he achieved and played us all for a fool
there lies the sickener for me

Remembered as a footnote in our history and nothing more
He will not be remembered with a smile, a teary eye, a sigh of how they were they days.
He could have been Big Jock, Fergie, Shankly and a Busby,.
He were a faud leaving the room of your sister with anger in your heart.

No one can argue with his 1st season. Outstanding. 2nd slightly less so but still good. Europe was his Achilles heel. Even Lenny and WGS managed to get more from their European squads. He was slick media wise, too slick maybe, all fake tan and teeth. In the end his words proved to be just as fake as his tan. We learned BR has always been his own biggest fan. The BS about being a lifelong fan and the way he dropped us for mid-table mediocrity and a bigger wage will not be forgotten. He could have gone at the end of the Season and no one would have minded,much. We will continue without him and will continue being successful. HH.

Everyody was delighted in our camp. In those of our enemy, they were worried and rightly so. It was for me, at last, a indication of intent to try and take the club forward. To not only cement our superiority, but to show we meant to increase that dominance.

In the first season we did that, all be it with a Sevconian team who were awful , but we hammered them. Tore them apart, not just at home, but in their midden. Giving me at least undiluted, overwhelming joy. We fucked them into the ground. We celebrated at Greyskull in a way that sent sevconians into utter despair, just where I like them to be.

We took on City in the CL and played brilliantly against a great team. A great start, but it became evident that our improved play was being cut off at the knees by a defence not worthy of the name. He needed to strengthen that area and failed miserably in that. We went cheap and for a player playing for Dundee and another who couldn’t get a game in Germany. From those signings I knew we were in for trouble.

Last summer with the World Cup leaving us without Lustig and Boyata and also Rogic, I couldn’t believe knowing this we did nothing to help the defence. We went into those qualifying games with Hendry who was at fault for a couple of goals and we were out against possibly the weakest team we had faced in the final play off. Shambolic.

McGinn was lost, no one came in, Boyata wanted away, refused to play and even in January we knocked back a bag of cash for someone who would leave for nothing. Instead of selling him and using every penny gained to replace him. Shambolic.

We started to decline as a force and needed an injection of class. It didn’t happen and three of our best performers left and weren’t replaced. Still the defence didn’t get looked at and we suffered humiliating defeats because of that in Europe. At home we were just making up the numbers mostly and the fortress parkheed mindset was a distant memory. And a painful one as too often our team played like rabbits in the headlights. Scared to make a pass, take a player on through zero confidence in our defence if they lost the ball. We all watched it and couldn’t believe how the simplest pass became beyond us.

He presided over this failure to improve, bought a minibus full of projects that so far, not one has delivered anything. Not a singular one. What we have is over a dozen players you would literally walk by in the street, and tragically for us are a huge drain on our budget and will be for the forseable future.

Too many for too long backed him with a level of belief that blinded them to these glaring failures and took even the mention of them personally. The same people now want him beheaded. Funny old game football and a lesson that nobody is above criticism at our club. Not a single fucking person. And neither should they.

In the last season it has been evident to all who wished to see, that there was a major breakdown in the relationship with Lawell. For me this was the singular reason he left when he did, to who he left for. He didn’t in a month of Sunday’s see his ego settle for Leicester, or more money. That’s convenient and feeds the betrayed feelings, but to me, a critic of his, bullshit. I could be wrong but my take is the deterioration of the relationship with Lawell, the failure to strengthen with quality and the failure to secure McGinn. If anybody still feels he just couldn’t knock back Leicester then you are deluding yourselves.

To leave when he did, to the club that he did, tells me at least he felt his plans were not accepted by Lawell. Now I accept Lawell looking at the track record of his acquisitions would have been worried about his judgement, I certainly was, but, I had hoped he would stop trying for punts and go for quality. That never happened. Why that never happened to me is the key to what transpired. Again I may be wrong, but I will never accept Leicester was his hoped for move.

Trying to maintain the first years momentum was never going to happen without a few players of quality being brought in. No one was.
Inevitably we started to stall, then slide and our performances reflected that.

Now his legacy is one of the need for a major overhaul. That is not acceptable, but is it his fault alone? We don’t know who he wanted. Who he asked to be bought. What we do know, as he stated, we stood still. Not that he stood still, the club did. The reasons for that are the reasons he left and we are were we are.

Sevco are scraping together every crooked coin to stop us. They have closed the gap for the simple reason we have stopped to wait for them. They will do the same in the summer and if anybody believes the shite that they are going bust anytime soon, they probably believe Leicester was his number one club to move to. We have put ourselves in a corner that was his and the boards responsibility. Both needed their arse kicked.

He won every competition he entered. That was great. He hasn’t left us with a squad that could guarantee this would continue without an overhaul. Continuous improvement is something Celtic never do. We get better, sell our players, fall back then have to start again. Well, here we are again in the same fucking complacent boat.

My overall feeling is one of an opportunity lost. The saddest thing is from the outset I repeatedly said it wouldn’t be Sevco who derailed us, it would be us. And it has been.

We had a glimpse of hopefully becoming a team, secure at home and better in Europe. Wether we are is totally reliant on how we respond in the summer. If thevreasons Rigers left was indeed a refusal to spend money in quality, then the people who refused to do that are still there. I don’t hate Rogers. I hate the circumstances that led him to leave, circumstances I feel are being overlooked through our reaction to him going. That’s dangerous and could be missing the core problem. One of professed ambition and zero action to realise fine words.

Lenny will be the gaffer if he wins the treble. I am sure of that, but I am absolutely sure no top coach will consider us if the reluctance to invest in quality is continued.

Rogers was a bright star that burnt out. What burnt it out is my worry. I understand the anger, but I would much prefer to understand the reasons.

We move on as we always will. The board are in the crosshairs of the support. They need to show we mean business to swat the Huns down. They had fucking better. HH

Last edited:
Everyody was delighted in our camp. In those of our enemy, they were worried and rightly so. It was for me, at last, a indication of intent to try and take the club forward. To not only cement our superiority, but to show we meant to increase that dominance.

In the first season we did that, all be it with a Sevconian team who were awful , but we hammered them. Tore them apart, not just at home, but in their midden. Giving me at least undiluted, overwhelming joy. We fucked them into the ground. We celebrated at Greyskull in a way that sent sevconians into utter despair, just where I like them to be.

We took on City in the CL and played brilliantly against a great team. A great start, but it became evident that our improved play was being cut off at the knees by a defence not worthy of the name. He needed to strengthen that area and failed miserably in that. We went cheap and for a player playing for Dundee and another who couldn’t get a game in Germany. From those signings I knew we were in for trouble.

Last summer with the World Cup leaving us without Lustig and Boyata and also Rogic, I couldn’t believe knowing this we did nothing to help the defence. We went into those qualifying games with Hendry who was at fault for a couple of goals and we were out against possibly the weakest team we had faced in the final play off. Shambolic.

McGinn was lost, no one came in, Boyata wanted away, refused to play and even in January we knocked back a bag of cash for someone who would leave for nothing. Instead of selling him and using every penny gained to replace him. Shambolic.

We started to decline as a force and needed an injection of class. It didn’t happen and three of our best performers left and weren’t replaced. Still the defence didn’t get looked at and we suffered humiliating defeats because of that in Europe. At home we were just making up the numbers mostly and the fortress parkheed mindset was a distant memory. And a painful one as too often our team played like rabbits in the headlights. Scared to make a pass, take a player on through zero confidence in our defence if they lost the ball. We all watched it and couldn’t believe how the simplest pass became beyond us.

He presided over this failure to improve, bought a minibus full of projects that so far, not one has delivered anything. Not a singular one. What we have is over a dozen players you would literally walk by in the street, and tragically for us are a huge drain on our budget and will be for the forseable future.

Too many for too long backed him with a level of belief that blinded them to these glaring failures and took even the mention of them personally. The same people now want him beheaded. Funny old game football and a lesson that nobody is above criticism at our club. Not a single fucking person. And neither should they.

In the last season it has been evident to all who wished to see, that there was a major breakdown in the relationship with Lawell. For me this was the singular reason he left when he did, to who he left for. He didn’t in a month of Sunday’s see his ego settle for Leicester, or more money. That’s convenient and feeds the betrayed feelings, but to me, a critic of his, bullshit. I could be wrong but my take is the deterioration of the relationship with Lawell, the failure to strengthen with quality and the failure to secure McGinn. If anybody still feels he just couldn’t knock back Leicester then you are deluding yourselves.

To leave when he did, to the club that he did, tells me at least he felt his plans were not accepted by Lawell. Now I accept Lawell looking at the track record of his acquisitions would have been worried about his judgement, I certainly was, but, I had hoped he would stop trying for punts and go for quality. That never happened. Why that never happened to me is the key to what transpired. Again I may be wrong, but I will never accept Leicester was his hoped for move.

Trying to maintain the first years momentum was never going to happen without a few players of quality being brought in. No one was.

Now his legacy is one of the need for a major overhaul. That is not acceptable, but is it his fault alone? We don’t know who he wanted. Who he asked to be bought. What we do know, as he stated, we stood still. Not that he stood still, the club did. The reasons for that are the reasons he left and we are were we are.

Sevco are scraping together every crooked coin to stop us. They have closed the gap for the simple reason we have stopped to wait for them. They will do the same in the summer and if anybody believes the shite that they are going bust anytime soon, they probably believe Leicester was his number one club to move to. We have put ourselves in a corner that was his and the boards responsibility. Both needed their arse kicked.

He won every competition he entered. That was great. He hasn’t left us with a squad that could guarantee this would continue without an overhaul. Continuous improvement is something Celtic never do. We get better, sell our players, fall back then have to start again. Well, here we are again in the same fucking complacent boat.

My overall feeling is one of an opportunity lost. The saddest thing is from the outset I repeatedly said it wouldn’t be Sevco who derailed us, it would be us. And it has been.

We had a glimpse of hopefully becoming a team, secure at home and better in Europe. Wether we are is totally reliant on how we respond in the summer. If thevreasons Rigers left was indeed a refusal to spend money in quality, then the people who refused to do that are still there. I don’t hate Rogers. I hate the circumstances that led him to leave, circumstances I feel are being overlooked through our reaction to him going. That’s dangerous and could be missing the core problem. One of professed ambition and zero action to realise fine words.

Lenny will be the gaffer if he wins the treble. I am sure of that, but I am absolutely sure no top coach will consider us if the reluctance to invest in quality is continued.

Rogers was a bright star that burnt out. What burnt it out is my worry. I understand the anger, but I would much prefer to understand the reasons.

We move on as we always will. The board are in the crosshairs of the support. They need to show we mean business to swat the Huns down. They had fucking better. HH
You were making to parellel points as if you are undecided.
You then go on and give a scenario that may have been going on.
It is one I never thought, so thank you.
We will never know about Rodgers. Is he the same as Mourinhio, only 3 years succesful.
You have opened a window , what exactly the company that runs Celtic as parralell business want to see.

Legacy is a big word. Agree with many, if not all, the comments made previously, but on a positive vein I think he provided Celtic as a football club with greater insight about modern day methods. He oversaw the development of KT, cal mac and Jamesie to a degree that I didn't think possible, particularly cal mac.
If he had left at the end of this season he would have been talked about in glowing terms but as the GB so eloquently put it " chose mediocrity over immortality " I agree!
HH

We had a glimpse of hopefully becoming a team, secure at home and better in Europe. Wether we are is totally reliant on how we
If he had left at the end of this season he would have been talked about in glowing terms but as the GB so eloquently put it " chose mediocrity over immortality " I agree!
HH
HH
Your last paragraph puts it in a nutshell.
He could have been know as a Clough, Busby, Shankly, Fergie and Big Jock at one club.
"Grandad, mom say you coached a football team?" "Did okay at Swansea". Yeee great can I tell my friends

Maybe one day Dembles agent will tell the tale of the great BR or even Boyata

Leicester may not have been his choice but it was an exit into the EPL a stepping stone ,none of the big teams would have come hunting for him and LC fit the bill unlimited cash to throw at players in an overrated league that suited his ego

And if he had went through with the deal for china he would have been off there to ,folk keep pointing at the Mcginn transfer ff we never got him

it's all about opinions others will have a different view , but football is a small world and the truth always comes out in the end

He fkd us by walking out with the league and cup in the balance that for me says it all
a fkn weasel of man

p.s Lawwells a cnt to

Maybe one day Dembles agent will tell the tale of the great BR or even Boyata

Leicester may not have been his choice but it was an exit into the EPL a stepping stone ,none of the big teams would have come hunting for him and LC fit the bill unlimited cash to throw at players in an overrated league that suited his ego

And if he had went through with the deal for china he would have been off there to ,folk keep pointing at the Mcginn transfer ff we never got him

it's all about opinions others will have a different view , but football is a small world and the truth always comes out in the end

He fkd us by walking out with the league and cup in the balance that for me says it all
a fkn weasel of man

p.s Lawwells a cnt to

I refuse to believe that if it hadn’t been for major problems behind the scenes, he wouldn’t have looked at Leicester.

The fact he went to them tells me there is the truth that needs to come out. What it won’t be is he was offered a position he couldn’t refuse. EP clubs better than them get rid of their managers every second month. If there was t a problem he would have stuck it out until the summer. He didn’t and that tells me all was less than perfect. We will probably never know. But my view is there is more to this than jumping at a return to the EP.

I refuse to believe that if it hadn’t been for major problems behind the scenes, he wouldn’t have looked at Leicester.

The fact he went to them tells me there is the truth that needs to come out. What it won’t be is he was offered a position he couldn’t refuse. EP clubs better than them get rid of their managers every second month. If there was t a problem he would have stuck it out until the summer. He didn’t and that tells me all was less than perfect. We will probably never know. But my view is there is more to this than jumping at a return to the EP.

Your entitled to your view and the questions you ask are valid .

The bit that sticks in my craw is he didn't only jump ship ,but he took every member of the backroom staff in less than a 24hr period from coaches /physios to sports science he cleaned the place out

Are we to believe that things were so bad that they all went at such short notice .

He even tried to take John Kennedy ,Stevie Woods and 2 others who all refused and showed Loyalty to the club

As others in the sports media have said he was hawking himself about ,Leicester are a big money club by that i mean rich owners and have had high profile managers come and go

Any manager would have jumped at that chance and to be back in the EPL

You could be right, but maybe he was the problem and PL and co marginalised him as a result. Do you ever consider that to be a likely scenario?

You could be right, but maybe he was the problem and PL and co marginalised him as a result. Do you ever consider that to be a likely scenario?
Whilst there may very well have been issues, what we do know is he never stayed to address the issues, and no-one will convince me he left lips sealed to spare the fans blushes.
Money has a strange effect on people.

me personally loved his 1st season never seen anything like it in my time. 2nd season still on a high if am honest.74 games unbeaten. Ok (diets) Double treble never been done before. Just poor the way he played the support and tarnished his name.your thoughts.....
A bad smell. No as bad as the wife shaggin yir best pal, but close. The stench of betrayal still lingers.

All the good he might have done was undone by the way he lied and insinuated himself into the Celtic family. Did he not say he was here for 10 in a row. Good riddance I say. Loyalty and integrity are beyond price BR had neither. He’s no loss, who needs the likes of him. HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back