Ross County v Celtic, Saturday 6th August 2022 at 3pm BST

See the media are covering the disgusting chanting from some of our fans yesterday - who are these morons - the only winners are the other side of Glasgow who can claim equivalency and excuse their racism. TBF the chant was disgusting celebrating the deaths of several of their people including Walter Smith. We need to take the higher ground and call these people out.
I never watched it or heard about the chants. But we should never sink to the gutter level to sing anything like that. That is disgusting and a disgrace.

Yes, I know many other sets of fans do this and it never gets reported but we all know the media are looking for any excuse to post negative Celtic articles so obviously they will pounce on the chance when we make these horrible chants.

I never watched it or heard about the chants. But we should never sink to the gutter level to sing anything like that. That is disgusting and a disgrace.

Yes, I know many other sets of fans do this and it never gets reported but we all know the media are looking for any excuse to post negative Celtic articles so obviously they will pounce on the chance when we make these horrible chants.

I'm fed up with just accepting it BB. We have idiots in our fan group. Every club does. But our idiots are in low numbers compared to other clubs.....but we have to just accept that we are the only ones that get called out. The scum board will defend the 50000 minority on every occasion and the media swallow it and accept it....then go after our whole club over a couple of idiots and our board and fans just accept it. It's a joke.

The only reason the "different side of the same coin" argument works is because our club accept that 1 stupid celtic fan is the equivalent of 50,000 scum fans. If the media have decided to go at us due to some chants aimed at their "legneds" then our club should come out, condemn the real minority then ask why other clubs don't get the same scrutiny? They don't even have to mention the scummy club that they are obviously so fucking terrified of.

No - we should NEVER accept it. Our board should be calling it out. I think we are all sick of it and agree that these sickening chants should be called out every time.

But IMO our fans should never be singing similar chants either. It is disgusting, an insult to others and does nothing to inspire our team. We have one of the richest football-related songbooks in the world plus other songs like Grace, YNWA, etc, that are amazing to hear and definitely get the players going. We have no need to descend to the sewer.

Last edited:
Aye, a couple of auld yins & myself, head oot tae Coatbridge tae the Exsel Group Stadium tae watch Albion Rvs v The Sons, great wee day oot Balloch via Glasgow tae Coatbridge via Glasgow, Dumbarton, Balloch,
NightClub 🍺🥃🍸🍹🍾 👀😱👀

So just watched game on 7.30 Sportscene (recorded it 😁) Thought we look good , did listen tae it at the game on Sportshund, got a few strange looks when I let rip wae a get it round yee Malky, as Big Jenz put us 2-1 up. Abadas goal was missed in the celebrations at fulltime at Cliftonwhatsitsname.

3pts, good display, Top of the League.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Noo that's wit u call a fine day oot😁 HH

What were the celtic fans singing out of interest. Must have been really bad for the media to hear it. Worse than what I've mentioned above??? Worse than singing about killing Catholics?? Or racist chants?? Nazi salutes?? Must have been worse than all those things for our impartial media to sit up and take notice!
Don't think singing Walter Smith in hell along way goram is worse than wit that lot indulge in tbh

What were the celtic fans singing out of interest. Must have been really bad for the media to hear it. Worse than what I've mentioned above??? Worse than singing about killing Catholics?? Or racist chants?? Nazi salutes?? Must have been worse than all those things for our impartial media to sit up and take notice!
You’re right...must have been really vile disgusting stuff.
Maybe something along the lines of ‘Noo Walter’s in heaven he’s a kafflik’?
Can’t say I heard any unacceptable chants so would like to know what so enraged our fair and impartial media.

I agree Cairnsy, but unfortunately these type of chants lead to our world class meeja comparing us to them or even just going after us. Kinda feels like any Celtic fan should know that and want to keep our name out of their damn mouth 👋 - Will Smith
Agreed mate we have plenty of cracking songs and chants aswell but the ODD wrong one gets picked up while over at Ibrox......wankers 🤬

Taylor again!!! What a game. Jota gets credit for cutting the ball back to abada but it's taylor that makes the goal. Tries to win the ball several times. He's the one chasing constantly. Closing down in the 91st minute after doing it all game. He wins the ball back with big Gio and we go on and score a cracker. Taylor is quickly become my favourite player in a hoops tops. In matches like yesterday, where Angeball isn't quite clicking, it's good to know we have a Brown/Tierney type player that isn't going to stop from the 1st to the 90th minute. The guy is all over the park throughout the game.
The hunger he showed to start the press for the third was first class looks like wee barney coming in has helped focus him boys been brilliant

It's not worse, it's exactly the same. And why any Tim would want to be exactly the same as a hun is absolutely beyond me.
Point I was making is it's mild(imo) compared to the WEEKLY shite we hear fay they bastards and although it's on camera no cunt wants to know I said above we have plenty of good tunes and chants we shud concentrate on a clean songbook and then it will be them and them only singing any bullshit about anything if our fans played clever the pressure all of a sudden is all on them to change

I can actually understand both sides of the views regarding such chants.
Will admit in my younger years with my own hatred towards the scum, then yes I would have been involved and delighted to sing such chants and felt totally justifying in doing so with having an eye for an eye attitude also.
However would like to think I've got a lot wiser now, even if the hatred towards the scum remains intact still.
Would advise, cause I couldn't condemn as that would make myself a hypocrite, that any attack upon the Celtic support is an attack upon us all within the media.
We seen the amazing scenes created last Sunday, with images that went worldwide, and with a media full of jealous huns, why give them the opportunity to condemn us all still?
There are better ways to be little the Hun mentality than to act like them as well and stoop to there levels.
Hopefully the right choices from these bhoys involved can be made now as we certainly can't allow the media to try and break our unity, so please stop it now as an attack upon us all isn't welcome in any shape or form now or forever imo.

It's not worse, it's exactly the same. And why any Tim would want to be exactly the same as a hun is absolutely beyond me.

I completely disagree with you hoopy but respect your view. If we sung about their legends being in hell, yes I understand that's a hard listen to for those peoples fans and family, but it's nothing compared to what our legends families have to listen to week in week out. Their loved ones being mocked and branded peaodos. They even mocked guys who were still alive and suffering through ill health. And I'm not defending the people who sung the songs about Walter...im angry that our media and club allow our legends to be abused constantly while they defend their legends so quickly. I'd rather someone say i was in hell (a place that doesn't exist, IMO) than brand me a pedophile.

I completely disagree with you hoopy but respect your view. If we sung about their legends being in hell, yes I understand that's a hard listen to for those peoples fans and family, but it's nothing compared to what our legends families have to listen to week in week out. Their loved ones being mocked and branded peaodos. They even mocked guys who were still alive and suffering through ill health. And I'm not defending the people who sung the songs about Walter...im angry that our media and club allow our legends to be abused constantly while they defend their legends so quickly. I'd rather someone say i was in hell (a place that doesn't exist, IMO) than brand me a pedophile.
You don't defeat ignorance with more ignorance, or hatred with more hatred, or stupidity with more stupidity.
How huns act should be no benchmark to how we act. Thankfully it's a tiny minority of Tim's that copy hun conduct, but whenever they do they embarrass our club imo.
I want everything about Celtic to be better than the scum, not as bad as the scum isn't good enough for me.

Taylor again!!! What a game. Jota gets credit for cutting the ball back to abada but it's taylor that makes the goal. Tries to win the ball several times. He's the one chasing constantly. Closing down in the 91st minute after doing it all game. He wins the ball back with big Gio and we go on and score a cracker. Taylor is quickly become my favourite player in a hoops tops. In matches like yesterday, where Angeball isn't quite clicking, it's good to know we have a Brown/Tierney type player that isn't going to stop from the 1st to the 90th minute. The guy is all over the park throughout the game.
Taylor got chopped down from behind in the first half after he had passed the ball and the mib gave nothing. Fair play to him as he shook it off and got on with it, tho I think him and big Joe were having words with the mib coming off at half time 👍

Understand your anger lubos and feel free to realise it all upon here.
But allowing the media to have such an effect upon yourself allows the shite hawk's within it, to actually win this battle imo at present.
Would say that the majority of our support would say that the minority of these supporters were in the wrong, so have to take the media's response upon the chin as such.
This doesn't mean we have to continue to allow the media a free hit upon us either.
When supporting celtic within any stadium has to remain all about supporting celtic and celtic only imo.
Outside of the stadium remains fair game but an attack upon us is going to be portrayed as an attack upon us all, so hopefully the majority won't allow that to happen any longer imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Back