Ross County v Celtic, Saturday 6th August 2022 at 3pm BST

Fuck the media. I havent heard the chants. If they were aimed at Walter Smith and that, and the media have called it out then that's a fucking first. I've never seen them call out the peado chants aimed at Jock Stein, Scotlands greatest manager, who did everything in his power to rid scotland of the sectarian shite, even confronting his own fans....but they will defend a bunch of sectarian bastards that openly hated Celtic and Catholics. I havent seen the media defend scotlands greatest ever players. They get the opportunity every single week to do that. The scum sing the same songs about them at every match. Where is the media condemnation there??? Fuck the media.
You are not wrong but again if we reply with our own hateful singing them we almost give them permission to carry on. Of course the media is not balanced but why give them amunition - the average person does not understand the difference and believe all the whataboutery.

The guys singing these songs need to realise that the sevvie minded media scrutinise everything Celtic fans say and do. Why give people who despise us a stick to beat us with?
We know Sky and the BBC will allow anti Irish and anti Catholic abuse to be broadcast into our homes without comment. We should not fall into the trap they are setting for us.

In all honesty when the (troubles were at their worst) in the 70s and 80s a lot of the older guys like myself on here were actively singing pro IRA songs home and away but there are things that happened whem family members were threatened to be shot because they walked unknowingly into situation that were occurring it gives you a slightly different perspective on things. I think there are songs which the minority engage in that should be kept in the social clubs just not at grounds where it allows others something to use against our club. My old boy always told me when you wear the colours of the club you behave like the best ambassador as you are representing the club.

The guys singing these songs need to realise that the sevvie minded media scrutinise everything Celtic fans say and do. Why give people who despise us a stick to beat us with?
We know Sky and the BBC will allow anti Irish and anti Catholic abuse to be broadcast into our homes without comment. We should not fall into the trap they are setting for us.
Only have an issue with them being sung in a stadium along with rebel tunes also.
Yet outside of the stadium then fair enough as a response to OO marches are acceptable in my book, could call upon both being stopped which I would welcome also

You are not wrong but again if we reply with our own hateful singing them we almost give them permission to carry on. Of course the media is not balanced but why give them amunition - the average person does not understand the difference and believe all the whataboutery.
See that argument but for the normal fans to ask them to never sing hateful songs or do anything other than just stand there and listen to the hate coming your way for your whole life 🤔

this idea that people whatever the situation that if they're the bigger person in the end all will be well its a great idea but u can't expect our fans to not bite back when they get free reign to sing what they want...

either there's a proper movement towards sorting out both sets of fans then I think it's a bit unfair to expect our fans just to accept it all for the greater good that they probably won't even see I hope I've put this across correct u said u wanted debate😁 HH

Ano but I've just said on another post until BOTH sets of fans who sing naughty songs are treated the same then expecting our fans to not ever bite back is not gonny happen

Where and when is it acceptable in your opinion cairnsbhoy?
No I'm not saying it Is wit I'm trying to say is until both are treated the same then how can we expect our fans to stand there while they chant witever shite mate?? I've no idea how we get both sets of fans to sing fitbaw songs I'm just not gonny demonise fellow fans until there's some sort of line drawn and we all work together to leave they songs to history how that comes about 🤷‍♂️

Why are we talking about both sets of fans? Have we not been trying to distance ourselves from the Old Firm tag for some years now? Never mind about them and what they do - leave them to it.
This is about what we do, or sing, as a support. We should not be looking for excuses to justify shocking chanting that took place in Dingwall. It was disgraceful and needs to called out as such.

Bin it now, it's unacceptable. Along with the turgid rebels stuff imo.

Last edited:
See that argument but for the normal fans to ask them to never sing hateful songs or do anything other than just stand there and listen to the hate coming your way for your whole life 🤔

this idea that people whatever the situation that if they're the bigger person in the end all will be well its a great idea but u can't expect our fans to not bite back when they get free reign to sing what they want...

either there's a proper movement towards sorting out both sets of fans then I think it's a bit unfair to expect our fans just to accept it all for the greater good that they probably won't even see I hope I've put this across correct u said u wanted debate😁 HH
I hear you and understand your point - I just don't think we should behave like they do - if we do it becomes like UK politics - a race to the bottom. I care about our dignity and self respect - what they say and do would be recognised by ordinary Joe public as out of order more if there was no potential for whataboutery.

I hear you and understand your point - I just don't think we should behave like they do - if we do it becomes like UK politics - a race to the bottom. I care about our dignity and self respect - what they say and do would be recognised by ordinary Joe public as out of order more if there was no potential for whataboutery.
I'm with u its just some of the language towards our own for the occasional fuck up while the other side do it constantly and nothing happens it would need to be something drastic like points deductions after so many offences which is never gonny happen is it🤷‍♂️ and I don't know if you've noticed but it's a younger generation signing about they're kulture over Govan way probably weren't even born when the good Friday agreement was signed yet they are knee deep in all the old classics its mot going away in my lifetime I don't think (42) sorry for the size of this btw 🤣

Why are we talking about both sets of fans? Have we not been trying to distance ourselves from the Old Firm tag for some years now? Never mind about them and what they do - leave them to it.
This is about what we do, or sing, as a support. We should not be looking for excuses to justify shocking chanting that took place in Dingwall. It was disgraceful and needs to called out as such.

Bin it now, it's unacceptable. Along with the turgid rebels stuff imo.
So you think football fans will accept they're rivals songs or chants and just all stand there and won't retaliate???

So you think football fans will accept they're rivals songs or chants and just all stand there and won't retaliate???
I don't think that all will be able to do that but it would be so much better for us in the long run if they did. The guy that wrote about our chants yeaterday was the same guy that called out the Ibrox folks last year -

Rangers, the 'superiority syndrome' and anti-Catholic bigotry: Why it cannot go unchallenged any more​

Back