Ross County v Celtic - Sunday 21 February, Kick-off 7.30pm Live on Sky Sports

We basically ruined our attacking full back solution to the low block with the sale of Tierney and about a dozen other recruitment failings. We can't gamble yet again on finding a bargain basement KT. Time to go 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3 against domestic opposition, maximising the chance that a proven attacking threat receives the ball in space out wide. We should recruit quick, intelligent forwards. We already have the midfielders needed. We need to stick to defenders with good pace and concentration that can defend one on one, do the basics against set pieces, and worry less about converting midfielders into budget Beckenbauers.

Failure to achieve 10 in a row robs us of history bragging. Given that our squad is the best in Scotland then such failure is inexcusable. Traditionally the bearer of the responsibility for failure in Scotland and Europe is the manager. He can huff and he can puff but Lennon must go. It's not a case of IF. It's just a question of WHEN, and HOW.
Don't accuse me of being two faced because I recently defended his tone of voice. That's not the problem. I'm capable of nuance. The problem is results or the lack of them.
I agree with you on this post bar the bragging rights. Weve secured a second 9 and quadreble and a british unbeaten record. The bragging rights are all ours . I concede that may feel a little mute right now as they have taken the title, they havent come close to our achievements though, St Mirren put paid to that. When the dust settles the truth will show they have won 1 title in their history and showed well in Europe. Gerrard I have a feeling will leave for England like Wim on stopping the ten. What's left for him after that here is the return of the most bigoted and fickle supporters on God's green earth. It wont be lost on him that the same 'fans' wanted him out last season. Will he fancy facing them when Celtic do( and we will) get our act together? I doubt that. I would prefer he stayed as a half decent Celtic side will blow him away again and I'd really love to see that happen again. Hes not stupid though , he will recognise what the 'fans' there dont, theyve peaked and as bad as weve been we are still a stronger squad, our performance last time we met showed that even this poor season we are stronger, pity were not united. Normal service will return I'm sure HH

We basically ruined our attacking full back solution to the low block with the sale of Tierney and about a dozen other recruitment failings. We can't gamble yet again on finding a bargain basement KT. Time to go 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3 against domestic opposition, maximising the chance that a proven attacking threat receives the ball in space out wide. We should recruit quick, intelligent forwards. We already have the midfielders needed. We need to stick to defenders with good pace and concentration that can defend one on one, do the basics against set pieces, and worry less about converting midfielders into budget Beckenbauers.
KT wanted to go , nothing much we can do about that bar let him go. We have quick intelligent strikers now one of them is amongst the hottest young players in Europe. We have a solid midfield as always but also have no defence. Julien has been a big miss for us. I'm not disagreeing with your post I just think that it's a defence we need and a management staff that have the tactical nous to be able to switch formations more than a few times during games. Some of our tactical substitutions and team selections have been head scratchers to quote Lennon. We have to stop brining in players on loan as much as we do especially when we have no intention or chance or money to make them permanent. HH

KT wanted to go , nothing much we can do about that bar let him go. We have quick intelligent strikers now one of them is amongst the hottest young players in Europe. We have a solid midfield as always but also have no defence. Julien has been a big miss for us. I'm not disagreeing with your post I just think that it's a defence we need and a management staff that have the tactical nous to be able to switch formations more than a few times during games. Some of our tactical substitutions and team selections have been head scratchers to quote Lennon. We have to stop brining in players on loan as much as we do especially when we have no intention or chance or money to make them permanent. HH
Good one Winter. When we played Sparta Prague we changed formation ( for once ) during the match and within 5 minutes Sparta made two subs and adapted their formation to nullify it and its that type of tactical nous and flexibility we're missing I think ( even the hunnites were savvy enough to change their formation in the last game at greyskull to counter us ). The case for a defense is a vital priority ( Davies in fairness would have been a very good acquisition )

I am more worried TS that he has something on this board and they are to worried to get rid as he can be such a loose Canon with the shite he spouts
Not a cat in hells chance he'll be at the helm next season. The season ticket renewal applications will put paid to that. The board,even without lawell are more interested in money than prestige and success. They know sales will be well down if he stays HH

As a side note just took a quick look at CQN. What does Brennan find to write about after the match report (apparently we didn’t play well) post?
The Euros will start in May and fans will be let into Hamdump!
Not a mention of Lennon/Lawwell or anything else of real relevance to the current situation. Jeez how far can he gets his nose up Lawwell’s ass? Even a lot of them seem to be getting fed up with him now.

Good one Winter. When we played Sparta Prague we changed formation ( for once ) during the match and within 5 minutes Sparta made two subs and adapted their formation to nullify it and its that type of tactical nous and flexibility we're missing I think ( even the hunnites were savvy enough to change their formation in the last game at greyskull to counter us ). The case for a defense is a vital priority ( Davies in fairness would have been a very good acquisition )
Talking about managers with the tactical ability to change it as often as required during a game, Dan Petrescu comes to mind , hes done really well with a club with nowhere near the funds we do. I wonder what the supporters feelings would be on his appointment, I'm sure that he would want it ☘

Talking about managers with the tactical ability to change it as often as required during a game, Dan Petrescu comes to mind , hes done really well with a club with nowhere near the funds we do. I wonder what the supporters feelings would be on his appointment, I'm sure that he would want it ☘
Think he would be a solid candidate Winter and not on Hollywood money

I am now prepared at this stage, to put up with Lennon and his utter nonsense, to the end of the season, if a proven, modern thinking Director of Football is appointed soon.

I think this needs to be the first appointment.

Then a manager with his own management team and players, with the DOF having the major say in these appointments.

Next, a complete overhaul of our scouting and recruitment structures. Followed by a meaningful reserve and youth pathway, to decent loan or first team opportunities.

Let's get the structures right, once and for all. This is the best we can salvage from this disaster. It is a disaster, but let's get something positive out of it, that will leave us, in better stead for the future.

I am now prepared at this stage, to put up with Lennon and his utter nonsense, to the end of the season, if a proven, modern thinking Director of Football is appointed soon.

Then a manager with his own management team and players, with the DOF having the major say in these appointments.

Next, a complete overhaul of our scouting and recruitment structures. Followed by a meaningful reserve and youth pathway, to decent loan or first team opportunities.

Let's get the structures right, once and for all. This is the best we can salvage from this disaster. It is a disaster, but let's get something positive out of it, that will leave us, in better stead for the future.
Was under the impression POD that was the plan that was been put in place years ago, until PL traitor and puppet lenny decided to smash it to smittereans

Reactions: POD
Was under the impression POD that was the plan that was been put in place years ago, until PL traitor and puppet lenny decided to smash it to smittereans

Exactly John No. The price the club and supporters are now paying for their super egos, extraordinary arrogance an hubris is shocking.

We need to get back to basics. Starting with people who know their jobs, and with the proper skills to carry them out.

It is not rocket science, and if there is a genuine will, it can be done reasonably fast. So that the club comes out of this, stronger and in a better position to face the challenges ahead. Of which there are many.

Never again, should a CEO be allowed, to effectively have control, over all key
areas of the club.

It is a disaster waiting to happen. Again something to be learned from, I hope.

The trouble with Celtic is Celtic the team was on a nine year high we then brought in players that have turned out to be duds now somebody at the club gave the ok to bring them in who ??? Don’t know what their thinking perhaps they thought the run would continue and unfortunately it’s come back to bite them on the bum then some of the new players well they are just not fit for purpose whose to blame the directors the manager the scouts don know but they are the same people who will be buying players for next season which doses make me worry

Last edited:
The trouble with Celtic is Celtic the team was on a nine year high we then brought in players that have turned out to be duds now somebody at the club gave the ok to bring them in who ??? Don’t know what their thinking perhaps they the run would continue without too much thought and unfortunately it’s come back to bite them on the bum the some of the new players well the just are not fit for purpose whose to blame the directors the manager the scouts don know but they people will be buying players for next season which doses make me worry
I'm sure D1155, that this will all come out, and be explained to us in the January, or was it February or maybe March or ? ? ? ? review. 👀
I share your well founded concern. 👍

A review could also be used to whitewash over all the cracks. I suspect it will be full of management jargon. Identifying systems failure as a key cause together with the impact of Covid. Control and balances promised to prevent a recurrence in the future. Real reason being to ensure nobody is held accountable. Happy chappies !
Sorry. D1155. Got a bit carried away there with my cynicism and off the point!

I'm sure D1155, that this will all come out, and be explained to us in the January, or was it February or maybe March or ? ? ? ? review. 👀
I share your well founded concern. 👍

A review could also be used to whitewash over all the cracks. I suspect it will be full of management jargon. Identifying systems failure as a key cause together with the impact of Covid. Control and balances promised to prevent a recurrence in the future. Real reason being to ensure nobody is held accountable. Happy chappies !
Sorry. D1155. Got a bit carried away there with my cynicism and off the point!
No reviews needed POD imo,
As far as I am concerned this board have sold us all down the river as I don't believe it has ever been in there best intentions for the club by delivering the 10iar.
All we have now is just the cover up and deflection to what has really gone on behind the scenes.
To say I am furious is an utter under statement.
I would never have thought our board would be guilty of such a disgraceful action but so it is.
Serco scum never won this title, we gave it to the dirty scummy bastards along with the help of a bias government and cheating mib's and a corrupt Scottish fa.
A bitter pill to swollow, and for our part, I just want all responsible ran from the club ASAP.
Thank fuck the countdown to PL traitor is underway, why his puppet is still here is anyone's guess, and just hope the snotcathers son doesn't desert his post like his Bastard father.
We will bounce back, even though it will take a bit of time to heal from what the 3 degrees of disaster have placed upon us this season

It's important that the next moves we make are spot on.
The football department and recruitment is a shambles right now.
I hate saying it but it's a complete rebuild job and it's going to take time to get it right.
if we adopt the Do F route then great. I am hoping that the internal review has came up with the fact that the football department has been hindered by a non football person in lawwell. I would think a D oF would work with Dom McKay and the new manager therefore keeping business and football at arms length. Therefore I would expect that a Do F will be appointed first and then his first tasks will be to identify new manager and first year recruitment
in hoping that's the case

It's important that the next moves we make are spot on.
The football department and recruitment is a shambles right now.
I hate saying it but it's a complete rebuild job and it's going to take time to get it right.
if we adopt the Do F route then great. I am hoping that the internal review has came up with the fact that the football department has been hindered by a non football person in lawwell. I would think a D oF would work with Dom McKay and the new manager therefore keeping business and football at arms length. Therefore I would expect that a Do F will be appointed first and then his first tasks will be to identify new manager and first year recruitment
in hoping that's the case
Agreed Stg, I think taking any other route would not be good for any stability of the club.
Especially after the demolition job PL traitor and his puppet have done with things

Agreed Stg, I think taking any other route would not be good for any stability of the club.
Especially after the demolition job PL traitor and his puppet have done
Getting a Dof is a must in my opinion. We need someone who is going to create a Celtic style throught the youths and first team.
We need an over arching football department strategy, a style of play and a driven person to develop that and the talent coming through.
Our team should be made up of 5/6 kids that have come through that know the system inside out blended with some experience and quality who suit our system.
if you have that players react easily to situation onfield, tactics become second nature. They know how to react to in game situations. For too long we've been buying players then creating a formation to suit them which to me is arse far elbow. Recruitment should be buying players to suit our system.
managers will come and go but are recruited as they match the ethos we have in place.
in my view this is the the only way we have a shot at being a force at a decent European level for small periods is by adopting the above strategy. We can't buy even moderate success in Europe as we don't have the means but we can create it ourselves. By moderate success I mean post group stages of these competitions.
For too long We have been reactionary rather than visionary.
for now long have we seen small European clubs come and turn us over because they are settled. Meanwhile we are still trying to settle players in/find formations that suit our new and current pkayers. These teams look better and are better because they are settled and have a settled team and a well rehearsed shape.

Getting a Dof is a must in my opinion. We need someone who is going to create a Celtic style throught the youths and first team.
We need an over arching football department strategy, a style of play and a driven person to develop that and the talent coming through.
Our team should be made up of 5/6 kids that have come through that know the system inside out blended with some experience and quality who suit our system.
if you have that players react easily to situation onfield, tactics become second nature. They know how to react to in game situations. For too long we've been buying players then creating a formation to suit them which to me is arse far elbow. Recruitment should be buying players to suit our system.
managers will come and go but are recruited as they match the ethos we have in place.
in my view this is the the only way we have a shot at being a force at a decent European level for small periods is by adopting the above strategy. We can't buy even moderate success in Europe as we don't have the means but we can create it ourselves. By moderate success I mean post group stages of these competitions.
for now long have we seen small European clubs come and turn us over because they are settled. Meanwhile we are still trying to settle players in/find formations that suit our new and current pkayers. These teams look better and are better because they are settled and have a settled team and a well rehearsed shape.
100% STG. We need a conveyor belt of talent playing a style of football that can be tweaked when necessary. This way we develop players, sell them for a big profit but they aren't really missed because we have ready made replacements coming through the ranks to slot in. Whether us fans like it or not, that is a sustainable business model for us which allows for the occasional purchase of an experienced player when required. But in order to do this you need a DoF with vision, experience and contacts and a coaching team who can actually develop and improve talented youngsters.

This takes time and patience, and Celtic were granted some breathing space to implement this after the tax dodgers died but we blew it and missed that opportunity.

I still believe we have enough talented youngsters at our club that a good coach (along with an aulder heid or two on the pitch) could bring on to be big time players without the need for a lot of transfers in this summer after we've moved on those that don't want to commit to the club.

Last edited:
In short Stg, it's called organisation.
A club like ours should be able to get the right balance between long term players and ones who will move on to bigger wages and yet keep the structure of the club intact.
The damage has been done now and far bigger than I ever imagined, but also repairable with the right personal put in place

Members online

Latest posts

Back