Rugby tip

What a shocking surface ,yes I know it's the same for.both teams the pioneering is if you are going to have artificial surfaces at least get decent one not a cheap one and dangerous one
Get rid diabolical,absolutely shocking,if the clubs can’t afford grass ,chase them suppose to be professional clubs,my arse, apart from players getting injured the surface is awful and not conducive for a good match fact.clubs should be told to rip them up and replace them at end of season, if they do not agree with it throw them out or demote them, to bad them simple as,other clubs will be willing to replace them I am sure Ya !

These 'pitches' were a bad idea at first, even worse when they have aged. This comes up every time we play at killie, livi or Hamilton etc. Tbf to them if we want to play games through the festive season in Scotland on grass or hybrid grass it's still a mess like the 1-2 game at CP. If CP really is still hybrid, then it's not holding up well either. They're there so these smaller clubs can meet the fixture list, even if we got rid we would likely still be playing on them in Europe anyway. No way around it, return to grass = postponements or bogs with the ball sticking in the mud. Total winter shutdown = insanity for everyone bar the players like calmac who need a break. Last break was only 3 weeks and folk were so demented that a flat earth thread ran into the hundreds of posts. Bounce games are played all the time maybe some indoor games could be played but without the supporters what's the point? Summer football,? and again its Scotland so it might be exactly the same weather and can we handle it without football for that long anyway without jumping off the edge of the world? Fewer games would help ,league reconstruction as well, make it 14 clubs at least, 16 at most. The 12 set up is a joke. Let Celtic and the rangers colts play in the league cup and the other top 6 sides colts as well? Answers on a postcard to the SFA? Find out what they're thinking in 19days time 🤪

Scotland needs a franchise model - SPL 1 and SPL2 - 24 professional teams and thats your lot - 3 up three down, no relegation from SPL2. UEFA money could be then split more evenly and ensure everybody has grass and better facilities

Yip I will feel sorry for some smaller clubs who want to be professional - but what is the point of the continuing struggle - it may even improve the national game.

Scotland needs a franchise model - SPL 1 and SPL2 - 24 professional teams and thats your lot - 3 up three down, no relegation from SPL2. UEFA money could be then split more evenly and ensure everybody has grass and better facilities

Yip I will feel sorry for some smaller clubs who want to be professional - but what is the point of the continuing struggle - it may even improve the national game.
2 leagues of 12?

not sure that makes any difference to current set up tbh?

2 leagues of 12?

well apart from excluding the 20 teams in league 1 and 2 from a professinal league!! money is spread too thin! 24 proffesional teams is enough for Scotland

well apart from excluding the 20 teams in league 1 and 2 from a professinal league!! money is spread too thin! 24 proffesional teams is enough for Scotland
im not sure I understand?

What money is spread too thin?

Does booting these teams out of football make the other teams better?

Does it create more wealth for the other teams?

I suspect the 20 teams booted out will still have the same fans watching them in junior football.

How does the teams left get more money and from where?

Maybe having two big professional leagues of 18 and rest juniors trying to climb into pro leagues might be an idea.

But then the teams in premier would reject it coz they lose 2 homes ties against celtic ?

the money that the League set up earn from TV and sponsors is currently divided between the 42 clubs - so deviding it between only 24 clubs would mean more cash each - perhaps enough for those teams to have a real grass pitch - also getting rid of relgation from the second tier would mean team may invest some moore money knowing that they would not be relegated - makes the whole thing more stable..

Something has to
2 leagues of 12?

Aye that is just more of the same and not the way to go we should be looking at a 16 club top flight 30 league games

Reactions: TET

Members online

No members online now.

Back