Rules around attending matches.

This vaccination passport is going to be a complete mess just know in my bones that the SFA/SPFL couldnt organise this properly. It's very controversial, personally I'm double jabbed but many people are not and many have no intention of getting a jab so then you have a situation where the authorities are dictating unless you take the vaccine you cant get in I dont think this is right. How can you have a situation where my brother and I were both at capacity CP for the hearts game then you have the 120-150 thousand at TRANSMT ( what an unintended pun that is) over the weekend but soon we will need a passport? There were no measures in place at all at the hearts game in fact the euros fanzone is the 1 and only time I've had the daft wee temperature gun put to my forehead thankfully I hadnt been running beforehand. I understand the whys and the needs for some kind of measures but this cannot be the way forward. Its trampling over peoples rights , its massively dangerous to go down this path and just because anyone has a VP means nothing. Honestly I fear the way this is going. The virus will always be there as will the flu, shall we stop folk from attending the game or events if theyve not had a flu jab? Why not ? It's as much a killer as covid19 especially this time of year. I dont have the answers but I'm positive that this VP is not going to be of any help and will only further complicate matters.

I’ve seen this,I have the right to refuse the vaccine. Yes you do but you don’t have the right to infect Others. Who have taken the time to protect themselves as much as is possible. Yes you can still get Covid19 but your better protected less likely to flood the NHS. Who were overrun.
Do I think a passport will work NO because like all the lockdown’s we’ve been through
Prove the Selfish who ignored the lockdowns will ignore this Claiming there Rights to do what they want far exceeds the rights of others to stay safe and keep there loved ones safe.
Stay safe all

HH 🙏

This vaccination passport is going to be a complete mess just know in my bones that the SFA/SPFL couldnt organise this properly. It's very controversial, personally I'm double jabbed but many people are not and many have no intention of getting a jab so then you have a situation where the authorities are dictating unless you take the vaccine you cant get in I dont think this is right. How can you have a situation where my brother and I were both at capacity CP for the hearts game then you have the 120-150 thousand at TRANSMT ( what an unintended pun that is) over the weekend but soon we will need a passport? There were no measures in place at all at the hearts game in fact the euros fanzone is the 1 and only time I've had the daft wee temperature gun put to my forehead thankfully I hadnt been running beforehand. I understand the whys and the needs for some kind of measures but this cannot be the way forward. Its trampling over peoples rights , its massively dangerous to go down this path and just because anyone has a VP means nothing. Honestly I fear the way this is going. The virus will always be there as will the flu, shall we stop folk from attending the game or events if theyve not had a flu jab? Why not ? It's as much a killer as covid19 especially this time of year. I dont have the answers but I'm positive that this VP is not going to be of any help and will only further complicate matters.
Don't see what the problem is, you have a ST that they can attach your covid passport too. So really, it should just be the first time you attend you should have to show it. Even if you have to show it each time, it should take less than 10 seconds to scan your QR code.
If people don't want to get vaccinated, that's their choice, but they have to be aware of the consequences ie can't go to large events.
What would you rather covid passports or another lockdown?

For what it's worth folks my daughter works at one of Scotland's busiest hospitals. For sure folk are being admitted who have been double jabbed . But their illness is nowhere near as serious as those who haven't had the vaccine.
We saw it a few months ago Frank, particularly in England when the country opened up.
The case numbers were getting from memory into the 60k-70k but the hospitalisations/deaths were real small.
I think as we get into winter, a lot of peoples defenses get a wee bit run down/other bugs/flu and thats when they are at risk.

Fans attending previous games at Celtic Park were asked to take a lateral flow test and not attend if it was positive, although no checking was done at the stadium that I could see, it seemed as though you were being allowed in on trust only, similar with the if you had any of the other symptoms, you were asked not to attend.

It feels to me as though they are going about this the wrong way, although I believe their intentions are good. The passport scheme should be utilised for a lot of other things like, public transport, entrance into a shopping centre, if they believe that vaccination is the best way of eradicating this then get serious dont just pick on a few places to make it compulsory, make it universal, yeah you will get moaning gits, but if you believe the science behind it then back it up.

Don't see what the problem is, you have a ST that they can attach your covid passport too. So really, it should just be the first time you attend you should have to show it. Even if you have to show it each time, it should take less than 10 seconds to scan your QR code.
If people don't want to get vaccinated, that's their choice, but they have to be aware of the consequences ie can't go to large events.
The problem is nowadays, there are a lot of peepul out there who just disagree with everything and then revel in arguments about the consequences. ot everyone.

If i didn't take the vaccine which is everybodys right to do, i know there would be consequences.
I smoke on and off and keep trying to stop because i know the potential consequences to me.
I remember pubs/restaurants and peoples houses being thick with smoke everywhere you went.
Since the smoking ban, i've never once complained, the weather aye, but if your going to do anybody damage, keep it to yourself.
On that front its changed days, i wouldn't think of smoking in someone elses house nowadays, even if they offered. And i know 99% of smokers are the same.

Its a different choice but a similar outlook

We saw it a few months ago Frank, particularly in England when the country opened up.
The case numbers were getting from memory into the 60k-70k but the hospitalisations/deaths were real small.
I think as we get into winter, a lot of peoples defenses get a wee bit run down/other bugs/flu and thats when they are at risk.
We share our home with my other daughter, her husband, and three of our grandchildren Smg. The school our grandchildren go to is feeling severe pressure due to the spread of covid. My grandson's class for example has 27 pupils. Eleven of them are off school due to testing positive. This thing has some way to go.

The problem is nowadays, there are a lot of peepul out there who just disagree with everything and then revel in arguments about the consequences. ot everyone.

If i didn't take the vaccine which is everybodys right to do, i know there would be consequences.
I smoke on and off and keep trying to stop because i know the potential consequences to me.
I remember pubs/restaurants and peoples houses being thick with smoke everywhere you went.
Since the smoking ban, i've never once complained, the weather aye, but if your going to do anybody damage, keep it to yourself.
On that front its changed days, i wouldn't think of smoking in someone elses house nowadays, even if they offered. And i know 99% of smokers are the same.

Its a different choice but a similar outlook
Well said 👏

I remember the smokers shouting that it wasn’t fair they had to go outside a pub in the rain that pubs would shut the Atmosphere wouldn’t be the same ( right there ) nae smoke 💨 but we went on we adapted now Covid19 is here we’re now learning to live with it we’re adapting.
all we’re talking about is a piece of paper a QR code that can go on your mobile or ST
You’ll adapt if you want to see the Hoops
Sad that it’s the red Tape Hoops but that’s the World we find ourselves in.
wee aside just heard another anti-Vaxer who thinks Covid19 is a Hoax has got the above and isn’t very well (Binman) at work
Decent guy hard working man hope all goes well for him and his wife and 3 kids.
mon my Thoughts and Prayers this morning
🙏

HH 🙏

Did they mate it's all mental they want vaccinated to have a passport but it's the vaccinated that are catching it again I think the full things a shitshow
To be fair no ONE with Covid19 can enter any venue with the disease Cairnsy but having the vaccine makes it less likely that you’ll be hospitalised and no one has said being vaccinated means you cannot get the bug same with the FLU jag you can still catch the Flu. No Vaccine is 100% Only person with no chance of catching anything
Barkas

HH 😂

We share our home with my other daughter, her husband, and three of our grandchildren Smg. The school our grandchildren go to is feeling severe pressure due to the spread of covid. My grandson's class for example has 27 pupils. Eleven of them are off school due to testing positive. This thing has some way to go.
You and Mrs Owen are kind souls, my mum and dad have same only without the parents,
they've just the 5 kids to look after :rolleyes:

Your spot on
My youngest went into school to P1 and oldest is in P2.
The youngest had a cough which ended up a chest infection so both off school;
Then oldest got it, so both off school

Wee souls have hardly been at all this year

Last edited:
Did they mate it's all mental they want vaccinated to have a passport but it's th79.e vaccinated that are catching it again I think the full things a shitshow
Every one of us has the potential to be a conduit for this virus, whether we've been vaccinated or not. But as I stated in an earlier post, those who HAVE been vaccinated are not as seriously affected as those who haven't. As for your comment that " it's the vaccinated that are catching it ". Well, I think it's worth revisiting that CB. Simply NOT true.

Then perhaps we should have you in the SFA glasbhoy because I dont believe for a minute they will make it that simple as it should be also what about all those whove already attended CP for games with no checks, as I said something is required but its already too late and it is creating a two tier system. I'm vaccinated but it doesnt mean that I cant catch it and spread it so the one time showing of a VP doesn't seem to fit imho. You have a decent idea of how to do something but it wont fix things also some people cannot get the vaccine due to various underlying health issues should they therefore be excluded from supporting the club theyve been following for a lifetime because they dont have it? This will be a complete mess

Members online

Latest posts

Back