Saddest news as Celtic legend Billy McNeill passes away - messages of condolence here please

Met Billy once a true gent watched him lift the European cup on telly watched with my brother and a friend from up the street he was a blue nose but had tears in his eyes same as us,a true Legend in all it's meaning
(It's Johnstone on the ball he's crossed it over,,,here come McNeil first time header it's in the net) how could one forget. Rest in pease Billy

Don't want to jump the gun like I did the last time but my dads just called me and told me Billy McNeil has passed away. Can anyone confirm??

If so RIP Mr McNeil ?????
So sad everyone hearts broken with this news and just immediately after receiving such a touching award from atletico Bilbao (my new favourite side outside of Glasgow) HH CEASER one of a kind we will never see the likes of again RIP big man thoughts and prayers are with the McNeil family GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU ♥️

"It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our father Billy McNeill," read a family statement, released via the club's website. "He passed away late last night (Monday, April 22) surrounded by his family and loved ones. He suffered from Dementia for a number of years and fought bravely to the end, showing the strength and fortitude he always has done throughout his life.

"We would also like to note our love and appreciation to our mother, Liz, for the care, devotion and love she gave to our father throughout his illness. No one could have done any more.

"Whilst this is a very sad time for all the family and we know our privacy will be respected, our father always made time for the supporters so please tell his stories, sing his songs and help us celebrate his life."

You'll always be the greatest, Cesar. And You'll Never Walk Alone. You'll be with Ronnie, Bobby, Jinky and Big Tam now.

Tributes flood in for Celtic legend Billy McNeill...

https://thecelticstar.com/tributes-flood-in-for-celtic-legend-billy-mcneill/

Please post your condolences here...

Latest posts

Back