Saka, Sancho, Rashford and standing up to racism

Lubos left peg

Probably not going to get much response to this thread on a Glasgow Celtic forum where, I imagine, the mention of the English national team brings a little smile to everyone's face at the moment but here goes...

I've heard the worst kind of language today aimed at the three players who missed their penalties, with Saka taking the worst of it. I've been in London working. The city is still littered with half pissed English fans who don't seem to know how to behave. Most of my jobs have been in hotels, where they have been staying. I've heard every racist slur you can think of and I know social media has been just as bad.

My question is, should the England team refuse to take to the park for their next match? I ask because they have been at the forefront of carrying on with the taking of the knee. For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so. The English FA were quick to point out that the taking of the knee was not political but instead a show of support for players of all races who suffer from racial abuse in the game. The England squad also made clear that they would walk off the park should any of their black players suffer abuse at the hands of away fans in the matches leading up to the euros.
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.....its very easy to condemn away supporters, it's very easy to take the knee. Let's see if they are true in their fight against racism in the sport. I believe they should Forfeit their next match, just as they were going to do when away fans attacked their players, and show the scumbag English "fans" that they mean what they say.

Last edited:
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.

This is phenomenally deplorable on so many levels, and it needs to be called out in every instance. Will England forfeit? Pfffffft. As they're doing now, the FA and leadership are giving it lip service (STFU Boris -- it's the assclowns doing this that elect Tories) while trying hard to find a way to sweep it under the proverbial rug.

For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so.

Congratulations, Lubo: You just bought into the whole MSM trope about the BLM "hijacking" by extremists, which is complete bullshit. Let me make it pretty simple for you: If you boo a gesture symbolizing the opposition of racism, you're siding with the racists. Not too surprising for the English, who pretty much wrote the book on colonialism in centuries past and are fading into obscurity, but equally unfortunate. It's pretty simple.

If you can tell me that you see all this racism around, especially after this game, and you don't see the need to make a symbolic gesture like kneeling -- not to mention confronting racism more than symbolically in day-to-day life -- then I don't know what to tell you.

Far from it, Lubo

For as much as I revelled in the English defeat, the abuse and venom. directed towards these three fine young men leaves me nothing but sickened.

Am I surprised? Not in the slightest........

This is Boris' xenophobic England. Hate, hate and hate some more.

Does it remind us of anyone, everyone?

I have a political interest which I try avoiding bringing to this forum.

This is your England and Scotland which the people elected. This is their brave new world.

You're welcome to it if you want, but I want no part of it.

Grealish and Rice...........are you proud of the discrimination that YOUR country openly endorses?

I'm glad Italy won, but I'll say a wee prayer for Saka, Sancho and Rashford.

Come to Paradise, boys..........we will give you unconditional love.

This is phenomenally deplorable on so many levels, and it needs to be called out in every instance. Will England forfeit? Pfffffft. As they're doing now, the FA and leadership are giving it lip service (STFU Boris -- it's the assclowns doing this that elect Tories) while trying hard to find a way to sweep it under the proverbial rug.

Congratulations, Lubo: You just bought into the whole MSM trope about the BLM "hijacking" by extremists, which is complete bullshit. Let me make it pretty simple for you: If you boo a gesture symbolizing the opposition of racism, you're siding with the racists. Not too surprising for the English, who pretty much wrote the book on colonialism in centuries past and are fading into obscurity, but equally unfortunate. It's pretty simple.

If you can tell me that you see all this racism around, especially after this game, and you don't see the need to make a symbolic gesture like kneeling -- not to mention confronting racism more than symbolically in day-to-day life -- then I don't know what to tell you.

I've walked through groups of black people in London at their BLM marches and been abused Larry. I dont form my opinions on what the media tell me. I dont support the movement. Black lives matter 100% they matter the same to me as any other race. If you think every member of the movement is an angel and has the vision of love and piece between black and white people then more power to you mate....im not for a moment saying all fans who booed aren't racist. That would be daft..but it's also daft calling anyone who doesn't support BLM racist. Easy way to shut down debate. "I don't support BLM"....."you're a racist"

I said right away last night that the racism would start immediately on the boys. It's no surprise as racism is becoming rife. It's also on the Noise from some folk, folk who say I'm not racist but. People aren't even aware that their reactions are racist and I'm happy that players take the knee in solidarity with their team mates. Had England won the Euros there wouldn't have been any negative stuff online from the so-called English fans. The jingoism from the fans, the Government, the pundits and ex-players whipped everything into a frenzy and the violence started even before kick-off. That says more about football supporters and after being beaten their anger had to turn somewhere, unfortunately it was the lads that missed the penalties that copped it. If I was on the receiving end of that vile racist abuse I wouldn't make myself available to play for my country until it ended.

So we are clear. I have no problem with players showing solidarity with their team mates. Teams have chosen to point to respect on their tops. Players have applauded. If taking the knee wasn't associated with the BLM movement then I'd be fine with that. There is a reason the English FA were quick to point out that taking the knee was nothing to do with the politics of BLM but more to show solidarity with other races which I fully applaud and support.

All movements have their extreme side....including BLM....but you can't say that or your brainwashed by the right wing media and are probably a raging racist.....so better not to say anything. And debate dies. 👍
Always stand your ground and be that one, Lubo

I'm already proud of the way you embrace your wee lassies and I'm even more proud that you have raised this sensitive issue.

With your input, these wee girls might be at the frontline when change is gonna come.

If something's wrong.........then it's totally wrong. If we ignore it then that wrong keeps getting wronger and wronger.

There's a fairly well known edict written by a German lad Martin Niemoller prior to WWII: "First they came......."

Read it and teach those bairns well

At least you left "Sport" off the end Larry. Which I believe translates from American to Scottish as "ya fucking idiot"
🤣

Heard Gary Neville rip the utter fuck out of Boris and his Cabinet of Clowns 🤡 this morning on Sky news
When the Prime minister and his Cabinet are saying it’s ok to Boo players taking the knee then what do you expect when England lose he also said please leave that statement in as he doesn’t want it changed.
I support BLM I also support anyone who is against Racism of any kind. Just the way I was brought up.
I watched an American Black family on a documentary about sitting there kids down and giving them the Talk. Have to say I was intrigued
The birds and the bees No.
What to do if you are ever stopped by the Police how to make sure you survive to get home. And in this program a white man was blacked up the Abuse he got was disgraceful. There is no easy way to fix this Education Education Education is the only way.
It was amazing how quickly the British media started putting out statements that BLM was political same in America
Not sure how any Movement doesn’t become political. To become effective at getting there message out.
You should never judge unless you’ve walked a mile in that person’s shoes.

HH 🙏👏

Probably not going to get much response to this thread on a Glasgow Celtic forum where, I imagine, the mention of the English national team brings a little smile to everyone's face at the moment but here goes...

I've heard the worst kind of language today aimed at the three players who missed their penalties, with Saka taking the worst of it. I've been in London working. The city is still littered with half pissed English fans who don't seem to know how to behave. Most of my jobs have been in hotels, where they have been staying. I've heard every racist slur you can think of and I know social media has been just as bad.

My question is, should the England team refuse to take to the park for their next match? I ask because they have been at the forefront of carrying on with the taking of the knee. For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so. The English FA were quick to point out that the taking of the knee was not political but instead a show of support for players of all races who suffer from racial abuse in the game. The England squad also made clear that they would walk off the park should any of their black players suffer abuse at the hands of away fans in the matches leading up to the euros.
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.....its very easy to condemn away supporters, it's very easy to take the knee. Let's see if they are true in their fight against racism in the sport. I believe they should Forfeit their next match, just as they were going to do when away fans attacked their players, and show the scumbag English "fans" that they mean what they say.
A truly necessary and much needed post Llp. Got to say straight off I DO support BLM, and taking the knee. For me it's just an extension of my values as a human being. I will not allow any kind of bigot to think I'm a fellow traveller. Not colour, not creed, not culture not sexuality. Sadly though I feel it's getting very close to being a pernicious philosophy which can't be removed from human psyche. I'm not going to harp on too much about this on The Noise, but believe me a fair amount of my life has been spent actively trying to find some kind of respite. I only see it getting worse.

Heard Gary Neville rip the utter fuck out of Boris and his Cabinet of Clowns 🤡 this morning on Sky news
When the Prime minister and his Cabinet are saying it’s ok to Boo players taking the knee then what do you expect when England lose he also said please leave that statement in as he doesn’t want it changed.
I support BLM I also support anyone who is against Racism of any kind. Just the way I was brought up.
I watched an American Black family on a documentary about sitting there kids down and giving them the Talk. Have to say I was intrigued
The birds and the bees No.
What to do if you are ever stopped by the Police how to make sure you survive to get home. And in this program a white man was blacked up the Abuse he got was disgraceful. There is no easy way to fix this Education Education Education is the only way.
It was amazing how quickly the British media started putting out statements that BLM was political same in America
Not sure how any Movement doesn’t become political. To become effective at getting there message out.
You should never judge unless you’ve walked a mile in that person’s shoes.

HH 🙏👏
Gained a new found respect for Gary Neville.

Never thought he would ever be my cup of whiskey, but there's a man that knows the truth.

It would mean a wee bit more though if he told the Murdoch Corp to "get tae"

I have to say lubo I think you know my feelings on England. Obviously for political reasons. But I've found from doin a lot of travelling that most English people are sound.
Racism on the other hand, I have no time for, infact it sickens me. I was brought up to always support the underdog and I always find myself pullin in that direction.
I lived and worked in America for years and I've experienced racism first hand and have got into many a physical fight standing up for central and South American friends. And I'm ashamed to say it, but it was Irish or Irish Americans who were doin the abusing. My own American cousins are some of the most racist pricks I've ever encountered. I've fought the corner of many a Mexican, Guatemalan, Bolivian, Ecuadorian, Peruvian and more. They were working along with me and gettin shit pay compared to me. It was pure fuckin discrimination and it sickened me. Unfortunately there are mongrels in every walk of life. It's lack of education and life experience.
I support BLM simply because right now I believe they need our support and something has to give. Enough is enough. It's very similar to the civil rights movement here.
Rashford is a decent lad who has done more for poor people than any other footballer in England in my memory and to be treated like this just shows the type of scum you are dealin with.

I have to say lubo I think you know my feelings on England. Obviously for political reasons. But I've found from doin a lot of travelling that most English people are sound.
Racism on the other hand, I have no time for, infact it sickens me. I was brought up to always support the underdog and I always find myself pullin in that direction.
I lived and worked in America for years and I've experienced racism first hand and have got into many a physical fight standing up for central and South American friends. And I'm ashamed to say it, but it was Irish or Irish Americans who were doin the abusing. My own American cousins are some of the most racist pricks I've ever encountered. I've fought the corner of many a Mexican, Guatemalan, Bolivian, Ecuadorian, Peruvian and more. They were working along with me and gettin shit pay compared to me. It was pure fuckin discrimination and it sickened me. Unfortunately there are mongrels in every walk of life. It's lack of education and life experience.
I support BLM simply because right now I believe they need our support and something has to give. Enough is enough. It's very similar to the civil rights movement here.
Rashford is a decent lad who has done more for poor people than any other footballer in England in my memory and to be treated like this just shows the type of scum you are dealin with.
D, our conservative Irish-American friends carved themselves a nice wee niche in popular opinion.

Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, John Kennedy (no that JK or the other JK that pretends to be a football coach) are prime examples of Catholic conservatism in the States.

I disown these fuckers completely.

Good folk are good folk regardless of race, creed, religion, politics or otherwise.

The point in me mentioning BLM and the taking of the knee wasn't for the purpose of me getting outed as a mugged off right wing media dumb arse. It was because I didn't think it was fair that all England fans who booed the symbol of taking the knee were labelled a racist....after what I've heard today I'm not so sure...that was my point. I also hold no ill feeling to anyone who supports BLM or the taking of the knee...I dont agree with some of the rhetoric that comes from some areas of their group... I do support the fight against racism in all forms. I dont have to associate myself with a group to do that. I avoid politics because I think there is poison in every group...and that includes BLM. I stand beside anyone who fights against any form of racism. I am NOT some fucking idiot who needs anyone making anything "simple" for me. I know my mind and my views.

I said right away last night that the racism would start immediately on the boys. It's no surprise as racism is becoming rife. It's also on the Noise from some folk, folk who say I'm not racist but. People aren't even aware that their reactions are racist and I'm happy that players take the knee in solidarity with their team mates. Had England won the Euros there wouldn't have been any negative stuff online from the so-called English fans. The jingoism from the fans, the Government, the pundits and ex-players whipped everything into a frenzy and the violence started even before kick-off. That says more about football supporters and after being beaten their anger had to turn somewhere, unfortunately it was the lads that missed the penalties that copped it. If I was on the receiving end of that vile racist abuse I wouldn't make myself available to play for my country until it ended.
I’ve never noticed any racist comments of the noise, they would be called out, I, and a lot of people don’t like the political stance and militant stance of the BLM movement, what happened in American didn’t happen here, a fact people seem to overlook, the fact is (especially in London) black people are responsible for nearly all the black murders in London, they’re killing each other over, gangs, drugs, turf warfare etc

the trying to rewrite history is annoying, yes the slave trade happened, it wasn’t white people running about Africa capturing the natives, it was another black people, then selling them to slavers, it is all viewed in the context of today, but remember how hard life was for everyone back then, highland clearances, deportation to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, the Irish famine, work houses, sending children up chimney’s and down mines, some might say the only difference was a shackle on the slaves ankle, everyone else was a slave to something or other.

I know a lot of people might disagree with the above, but I treat EVERYONE, with the same respect be they white, black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, etc, etc

ALL LIFE’S MATTER

The point in me mentioning BLM and the taking of the knee wasn't for the purpose of me getting outed as a mugged off right wing media dumb arse. It was because I didn't think it was fair that all England fans who booed the symbol of taking the knee were labelled a racist....after what I've heard today I'm not so sure...that was my point. I also hold no ill feeling to anyone who supports BLM or the taking of the knee...I dont agree with some of the rhetoric that comes from some areas of their group... I do support the fight against racism in all forms. I dont have to associate myself with a group to do that. I avoid politics because I think there is poison in every group...and that includes BLM. I stand beside anyone who fights against any form of racism. I am NOT some fucking idiot who needs anyone making anything "simple" for me. I know my mind and my views.
Feckin' hell Llp, I could typed that myself. More or less sums me up. Dare to be a Daniel !!

Sounds like Larry really pissed you off sport 🤣

I’ve never thought that aboot you. I do think your an irrational cuntthathatesElvesandboaxowners.
🧝‍♀️ + 📦 for ever GIRUYi
Mon the 🧝‍♀️

HH 📦

I’ve never noticed any racist comments of the noise, they would be called out, I, and a lot of people don’t like the political stance and militant stance of the BLM movement, what happened in American didn’t happen here, a fact people seem to overlook, the fact is (especially in London) black people are responsible for nearly all the black murders in London, they’re killing each other over, gangs, drugs, turf warfare etc

the trying to rewrite history is annoying, yes the slave trade happened, it wasn’t white people running about Africa capturing the natives, it was another black people, then selling them to slavers, it is all viewed in the context of today, but remember how hard life was for everyone back then, highland clearances, deportation to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, the Irish famine, work houses, sending children up chimney’s and down mines, some might say the only difference was a shackle on the slaves ankle, everyone else was a slave to something or other.

I know a lot of people might disagree with the above, but I treat EVERYONE, with the same respect be they white, black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, etc, etc

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
Sorry BB, but news headlines are governed by very partial broadcasters.

Up until the last 5-years no-one in the mainland knew about the Shankhill stormtrooper death squads, Bloody Sunday 1, 2 or 3, or even Ballymurphy?

You can't afford to be influenced by the biased writers of history -you have to be influenced by those who actually CREATED history.

Books and broadcasting are the perpetrators of the myths.

Members online

No members online now.

Back