Saka, Sancho, Rashford and standing up to racism

for me, the BLM movement would have transcended a lot of intolerants if they had called it B.L.A.M... Black lives also matter...it would stop this all lives matter rhetoric

Shameful what is happening to these players today but not entirely unexpected and it was Shammy who was quick to point out that this would happen at the final whistle last night.
The abuse the players have received is headline news over here and if there is any good to come out of this it is that the vast majority of decent folk worldwide are condemning this and calling the perpetrators out for what they are..cowardly , faceless ,intolerant, uneducated morons who have no place in a civilised society

I think it would be true to say most of us see both the injustice in, and of, racism. But I also think we're mature enough to acknowledge the fact that it can be a two way street. After all, any kind of action usually gets a REACTION However, it is also true to say the flow of traffic on that two way street isn't the same in both directions. Maybe time for me to give this thread a wee rest. As John says above, we all have a choice.

On line racist comments are easy to stop….just pass laws to make the sites that host the comments as liable as the original poster, with fine of £100k per post/tweet, with the monies raised going to community programs, the internet giants and EASILY write algorithms to weed out hate words, is there even any need in day to day life for a monkey emoji?

"Fantastic young player in the making so is it right for potential racists to hamper his career?"

absoloutely not. the point made is the pressure kick been discussed and not events after, football is a highly paid pressure sport so when you are paid handsomely to play the game you accept the responsibility that comes with it, if you miscalculate your kick that's football, you get up and continue, however, all the shite about him been too young for the role he had been given and failed is all shite, he plays to reach finals and he plays to win, so expect the other team to be of similar mindset, the Italians guessed right and outfoxed the young guy, but I am sure his uncomfortable sleep will not be as hard as the uncomfortable sleep of the guy who has maybe no job and 5 mouths to feed and raise.
I get the point boab, but that was never going to be the case and yet he gets the abuse and Southgate gets off Scott free.
Sako case is hardly helped with the likes of Grealish coming out claiming to have wanting to take one, just playing to the galleries.
No one can put a price on pressure, and no one I believe totally intends to miss any penalty, so don't and never will understand a mind of someone going out of there way to abuse someone because of the colour of their skin for an unintentional error all of which was placed upon him

I get the point boab, but that was never going to be the case and yet he gets the abuse and Southgate gets off Scott free.
Sako case is hardly helped with the likes of Grealish coming out claiming to have wanting to take one, just playing to the galleries.
No one can put a price on pressure, and no one I believe totally intends to miss any penalty, so don't and never will understand a mind of someone going out of there way to abuse someone because of the colour of their skin for an unintentional error all of which was placed upon him
Morons who cannot think for themselves, cannot accept defeat, and turn their anger to others in a blame game culture, generations have did this and passed it on when they feel inferior they look for the scapegoat, someone to blame for their failings or torment and in doing so it releases their hatred and racism which has been instilled through generations, from the pits, poverty, the media, governments, wars and that inferiority that no matter were a man is born if he is not of the same colour, creed or race then he is an inferior person to bounce anger off.

Grealish came out and said that because Roy Keane got ripped into him post match, more or less said he was chicken 🐓
Southgate himself decided on the penalty takers after the whole team having practiced all week…the five that took them had the best score record of all the players, just goes to show, you can’t replicate the pressure on the training field or the player of the tournament being in the opposition keeper

The white players could take it out of the FA'S hands. They all agreed to walk off should their black team mates recieve abuse from away fans....they could show solidarity in the next game. Turn up for kick off then leave the pitch as soon as the whistle blows.
i just don't see it happening the sportsmen of today are selfish greedy fkrs out for themselves and protect there image ,protect there england place

Taking a stance for me or you wouldn't be a problem but to them would be decision that would have to be weighed up as to what the repercussions would be for there career there standing at there clubs and the attacks from the press ,the suppport of there fellow black pros would be thought of last

Terrific post John, full of the type of things I enjoy discussing. Perhaps too many for a football forum though. Just one thing to comment on of I may. Standing against injustice, even historical injustice , doesn't qualify as racis

This is phenomenally deplorable on so many levels, and it needs to be called out in every instance. Will England forfeit? Pfffffft. As they're doing now, the FA and leadership are giving it lip service (STFU Boris -- it's the assclowns doing this that elect Tories) while trying hard to find a way to sweep it under the proverbial rug.

Congratulations, Lubo: You just bought into the whole MSM trope about the BLM "hijacking" by extremists, which is complete bullshit. Let me make it pretty simple for you: If you boo a gesture symbolizing the opposition of racism, you're siding with the racists. Not too surprising for the English, who pretty much wrote the book on colonialism in centuries past and are fading into obscurity, but equally unfortunate. It's pretty simple.

If you can tell me that you see all this racism around, especially after this game, and you don't see the need to make a symbolic gesture like kneeling -- not to mention confronting racism more than symbolically in day-to-day life -- then I don't know what to tell you.
Great comments Lubo.

You have to nip it in the bud where it starts

View attachment 14901
I had an issue with this whole Sky sports campaign against discrimination in there whole campaign was so false, where they highlight the issues regarding skin colour yet do not highlight any other issues.
My main point of attack was upon how the discrimination celtic players received especially Shane duffy which was upon racism and bigotry and yet went unnoticed all the while they were handing out so much praise to the culprits.
Double standards we are all to familiar with and still no response from Sky sports.
I can understand the promotion of the BLM campaign but I don't believe that the topic of racism has been tackled, in fact the complete oppersite and created a black v white situation, because they have hardly covered themselves in glory either.
We are one of the best clubs if not the best at making a stand against racism, and yet this goes unnoticed in the protection of the most racist club in Europe if not the world.
So how do you get the message across when the level of hypocrisy still stinks?

Terrific post BB, but I think it's important not to confuse gangland violence with racist violence. I've had more than my share of heated debate with racist morons who just dismiss the obvious truth by saying things like " they just kill each other anyway "
I agree Frank and I don't want to confuse between racist violence and gangland violence. But I would hope that the BLM campaign could address both issues to stop the needless abuse and murder of people of colour from everybody.

i grew up in the black country when the first boat people and folk of colour were moving in to the citys and towns Caribbean,west indies,asia, pakistan india
we all had one thing in common we were poor and we weren't liked it was a good mix
our area was a small enclave of irish mostly transients working on the tunnels or the bullring some set up home for there counrtymen to have digs others stayed till the work moved on

Racism wasn't long raising it's head well it was on the telly every saturday night prime time bbc as one neighbour put it ''at last they've got a new race to hate '' we'd walk the canals to school (when a could be arsed going) and adults on the barges would be screaming abuse at weans because of colour or that they were irish that was the late 60s early 70s the alf garnet era where the words N===, C==N, JIGA----, would all become new words in school assemblies

See that alf garnet generation are all in there 50-60s the same fkwits you see following england they passed that same racism down through the generations it was seen as acceptable.

it must be right it's on the telly

it was a show of their britishness and there culture and as every new coloured family moved into there areas the more they would pass on there hate the very thing the torys played on to get brexit through but this time they labelled everyone an immigrant

Grealish came out and said that because Roy Keane got ripped into him post match, more or less said he was chicken 🐓
Southgate himself decided on the penalty takers after the whole team having practiced all week…the five that took them had the best score record of all the players, just goes to show, you can’t replicate the pressure on the training field or the player of the tournament being in the opposition keeper
Keane is always going to have an issue with Grealish since he turned down the Republic along with Kane and rice also.
Can't blame them as we're shite and hope that that didn't sound like a mix for an Indian dish.

Probably not going to get much response to this thread on a Glasgow Celtic forum where, I imagine, the mention of the English national team brings a little smile to everyone's face at the moment but here goes...

I've heard the worst kind of language today aimed at the three players who missed their penalties, with Saka taking the worst of it. I've been in London working. The city is still littered with half pissed English fans who don't seem to know how to behave. Most of my jobs have been in hotels, where they have been staying. I've heard every racist slur you can think of and I know social media has been just as bad.

My question is, should the England team refuse to take to the park for their next match? I ask because they have been at the forefront of carrying on with the taking of the knee. For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so. The English FA were quick to point out that the taking of the knee was not political but instead a show of support for players of all races who suffer from racial abuse in the game. The England squad also made clear that they would walk off the park should any of their black players suffer abuse at the hands of away fans in the matches leading up to the euros.
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.....its very easy to condemn away supporters, it's very easy to take the knee. Let's see if they are true in their fight against racism in the sport. I believe they should Forfeit their next match, just as they were going to do when away fans attacked their players, and show the scumbag English "fans" that they mean what they say.
Have you ever asked your self, 'am I a racist?' I have. I don't like to think I am, I tend to think of I don't like someone it's because they are Arrogant arseholes or just,,,well that's it. I've met lots of different races and people, I've even met some sound sevconians. This English racism is handed down, father to son, if you ask me.

Have you ever asked your self, 'am I a racist?' I have. I don't like to think I am, I tend to think of I don't like someone it's because they are Arrogant arseholes or just,,,well that's it. I've met lots of different races and people, I've even met some sound sevconians. This English racism is handed down, father to son, if you ask me.
I’ve always felt that racism is stoked in this country by a certain wealthy group of people. Historically, the English have ransacked countries, I think at last read, there were only 19 countries in the world they haven invaded over the years. That entitlement goes back years. Meanwhile at home the have nots have been fucked over by the haves forever.
So it makes sense for the haves to give the have nots someone else to hate. Someone or some group of people that doesn’t look like them is a good starting point.
If they can get them to hate other races and nationalities they’ll have leds time to focus on the people they really should, that are taking the piss.

brexit - how on earth was it ever going to benefit us leaving/alienating our biggest trading partner. Where’s the benefit after all this time ? I know there are instances where it will make a slight difference but to me it was another example of creating an us and them type situation. Which it now has and it wil only develop over time as the tories try to break the agreements they signed up to.

I mean boris as PM
Who the fuck thought that up and who the fuck bought into it

America got trump to follow Obama fir a reason
They went back decades

it’s all by design

I’ve always felt that racism is stoked in this country by a certain wealthy group of people. Historically, the English have ransacked countries, I think at last read, there were only 19 countries in the world they haven invaded over the years. That entitlement goes back years. Meanwhile at home the have nots have been fucked over by the haves forever.
So it makes sense for the haves to give the have nots someone else to hate. Someone or some group of people that doesn’t look like them is a good starting point.
If they can get them to hate other races and nationalities they’ll have leds time to focus on the people they really should, that are taking the piss.

brexit - how on earth was it ever going to benefit us leaving/alienating our biggest trading partner. Where’s the benefit after all this time ? I know there are instances where it will make a slight difference but to me it was another example of creating an us and them type situation. Which it now has and it wil only develop over time as the tories try to break the agreements they signed up to.

I mean boris as PM
Who the fuck thought that up and who the fuck bought into it

America got trump to follow Obama fir a reason
They went back decades

it’s all by design
Sounds to me, you hate the English? What, all of them?

Back