Saka, Sancho, Rashford and standing up to racism

Probably not going to get much response to this thread on a Glasgow Celtic forum where, I imagine, the mention of the English national team brings a little smile to everyone's face at the moment but here goes...

I've heard the worst kind of language today aimed at the three players who missed their penalties, with Saka taking the worst of it. I've been in London working. The city is still littered with half pissed English fans who don't seem to know how to behave. Most of my jobs have been in hotels, where they have been staying. I've heard every racist slur you can think of and I know social media has been just as bad.

My question is, should the England team refuse to take to the park for their next match? I ask because they have been at the forefront of carrying on with the taking of the knee. For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so. The English FA were quick to point out that the taking of the knee was not political but instead a show of support for players of all races who suffer from racial abuse in the game. The England squad also made clear that they would walk off the park should any of their black players suffer abuse at the hands of away fans in the matches leading up to the euros.
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.....its very easy to condemn away supporters, it's very easy to take the knee. Let's see if they are true in their fight against racism in the sport. I believe they should Forfeit their next match, just as they were going to do when away fans attacked their players, and show the scumbag English "fans" that they mean what they say.
The only problem with the forfeiting the next match , unless it's a friendly is that they are only 2 points ahead of a very decent Hungary side and cant afford to give them any encouragement. England and their so called "fans" are a joke. Any country who got to the final and list on a penalty shoot out would be welcomed with the highest of praise and pride. Not England though theyd rather piss in folks gardens and cause mayhem as usual wherever they go, remind you of anyone ?

I’ve never noticed any racist comments of the noise, they would be called out, I, and a lot of people don’t like the political stance and militant stance of the BLM movement, what happened in American didn’t happen here, a fact people seem to overlook, the fact is (especially in London) black people are responsible for nearly all the black murders in London, they’re killing each other over, gangs, drugs, turf warfare etc

the trying to rewrite history is annoying, yes the slave trade happened, it wasn’t white people running about Africa capturing the natives, it was another black people, then selling them to slavers, it is all viewed in the context of today, but remember how hard life was for everyone back then, highland clearances, deportation to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, the Irish famine, work houses, sending children up chimney’s and down mines, some might say the only difference was a shackle on the slaves ankle, everyone else was a slave to something or other.

I know a lot of people might disagree with the above, but I treat EVERYONE, with the same respect be they white, black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, etc, etc

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
👏👏👏

James McClean has posted this from his own personal facebook account:

"Driving back from training today while listening to TalkSport discussing the vile racists comments this weekend made towards Zaha and McGoldrick on social media, listening to their reaction of disgust at it and rightly so for that matter because it is horrendous and nobody should be subjected to that and people need to be held responsible for their words and actions.

What leaves a sour taste tho in my mouth and not only this but with everything else of late, I receive and have received more abuse than other player during my 9 years in England whether that be, death threats, bullets sent in the post, birthday cards, letters etc! this is not a cry for sympathy but one to ask the question what is the difference?

12 year old boys gets arrested for posting racial abuse online to Zaha again rightly so, has anyone ever been held accountable for mines? No!

Have i ever had my abuse condemned by the media? (sky sports, talk sport, newspapers) No!

In fact quite the opposite, the slightest thing that i do that might cause offence to any one is highlighted by them. I have seen some of my fellow Irish team mates post a black square in support of anti racism as well as post condemning the discrimination and AGAIN rightly so!

Have i ever seen any of them ever post a public condemnation of the discrimination i get which funnily enough is a discrimination against them also? That would be a no!

Does one kind of Discrimination hold a higher bearing over another act of Discrimination? I would say am confused but thats the wrong word because confused means not fully understanding something, in this case its quite clear!

'If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything' “

"Driving back from training today while listening to TalkSport discussing the vile racists comments this weekend made towards Zaha and McGoldrick on social media, listening to their reaction of disgust at it and rightly so for that matter because it is horrendous and nobody should be subjected to that and people need to be held responsible for their words and actions.

What leaves a sour taste tho in my mouth and not only this but with everything else of late, I receive and have received more abuse than other player during my 9 years in England whether that be, death threats, bullets sent in the post, birthday cards, letters etc! this is not a cry for sympathy but one to ask the question what is the difference?

12 year old boys gets arrested for posting racial abuse online to Zaha again rightly so, has anyone ever been held accountable for mines? No!

Have i ever had my abuse condemned by the media? (sky sports, talk sport, newspapers) No!

In fact quite the opposite, the slightest thing that i do that might cause offence to any one is highlighted by them. I have seen some of my fellow Irish team mates post a black square in support of anti racism as well as post condemning the discrimination and AGAIN rightly so!

Have i ever seen any of them ever post a public condemnation of the discrimination i get which funnily enough is a discrimination against them also? That would be a no!

Does one kind of Discrimination hold a higher bearing over another act of Discrimination? I would say am confused but thats the wrong word because confused means not fully understanding something, in this case its quite clear!

We all know the reason why it's not reported BB, and who are the main culprits of setting the tone of what is acceptable and keeps going unnoticed.
Nothing will ever be done all the while the biggest hypocrites of SKY sports still refuse to address the issue we have been and still have been subjected to in favour of there support for sevco scum (SS)

All to do with his refusal to wear the poppy. Sad to hear his Irish teammates have never offered him support. They should be fuckin ashamed of themselves.

All to do with his refusal to wear the poppy. Sad to hear his Irish teammates have never offered him support. They should be fuckin ashamed of themselves.
Don't want to get tarred with the same brush Deadner.
Hardly any wonder we've became as shite as we are when so many gutless wonders won't represent the shirt in the manner it should be worn

Ive mentioned before about the lengthy ban handed doon to Sevvie Kirk Clubfoot. A fan in the crowd reported Clubfoot to the FA after hearing the abuse he gave James McClean. It was never reported in Scotland. The first time I mentioned it a few people said it was the first they had ever heard of it. A record ban to a Scottish international player ( international? Him? Fuck off!) and it went unreported here.

Grealish came out and said that because Roy Keane got ripped into him post match, more or less said he was chicken 🐓
Southgate himself decided on the penalty takers after the whole team having practiced all week…the five that took them had the best score record of all the players, just goes to show, you can’t replicate the pressure on the training field or the player of the tournament being in the opposition keeper
Grealish cheating wee cunt hate the cunt

Back