SANDMAN’S DEFINITIVE RA(N)TINGS: CELTS v BABYLONIANS

Sandman

SANDMAN’S DEFINITIVE RA(N)TINGS: CELTS v BABYLONIANS

‘The Airdrieonains were an ancient kulchure seeded from pre-history by visiting aliens who would interbreed with locals.
Many archeological sites of interest exist across the township of Airdrie, like Lidls – constructed on the ruins of an Airdrieonian pyramid/spacecraft landing pad, or B&M – built over a sacrificial burial ground, which only went out of use circa 2012, when the Huns died and the townsfolk lost faith in their Mesopotamian dark Gods.”

Ancient Aliens – Discovery Channel, season 7 episode 11.

‘Aye, ahm ur a right f#ckin Hun, like, ya c###. Whit made ye hink that?’

Hutton, Airdrieonian goaltender/gurning ned.

‘Huns in financial trouble again? Oh dear, how sad ,never mind.”

Windsor Davies. RIP.

BANE – 9/10

‘Whit did he no catch it fur?’ asked the jakey near me in the pub, with a snigger. Not content with thwarting Batman our cup goalie makes a ‘Save by Stan Lee’ combination of approximately 67 point-blank stops which should have come captioned by comic-book BLAM!s and KERPOW!s. You had to read back three panels to see if he actually did get a hand to the first one.
He did, miraculously. Marvel movie franchise to follow.

RALSTON – 8/10

We have a keen tiger at right-back, staking his claim. Nearly scored in the first minute, used our superiority to constantly exploit the space and found himself whipping in great crosses and deadly cutbacks every five minutes. Bodes well.

IZZY – 6/10

Touch seemed a million miles off initially and his perma-confused expression makes you wonder if he’s not sure this is reality or a peyote-infused trip. But always gives it up for the jersey, won the penalty – delayed drop, yes, but only after some wraith scythed at his calf.

BOYATA – 7/10

What ye still daein here? The Calamity finds himself still in the Hoops rather than on a plane to anywhere that’ll stump up a few sheckles for him.
Under no pressure, but it’s frightening the amount of ball we play through him. Surely there’s a tweak to the system that by-passes the need for Dedryck to be main instigator? Or drop in a comfortable defensive mid beside him at the expense of a centre-back domestically; Someone who has a Dedryck Alarm that causes Broony to bellow ‘Get the fuck away fae it!” when Boyata’s within a five yard proximity.

BENNY KOVIC – 7/10

Kojak’s imaginary sidekick turned in his usual competent performance, assured and classy, belying his age; please stay. Just… gonny stay?

CALMAC – 7/10

Tidy, neat, sharp and alert – looks like he’s tuning up to spark us to glory; that is a good thing.

BROON – 8/10

Biting, winning, leading. Never a foot wrong, cleaning up in the mid, not taking the bait from agitated young Huns snapping at his heels.
Resisted the temptation to lamp a few, particularly their keeper, which should mean he gets his temperament bonus – awarded for restraint in the face of unspeakable neddery.

CHRISTIE – 6/10

Unusually ineffective – kept running up blind alleys, hitting brick walls. Could argue Airdrie marshalled him well and denied him space.
Kept at it as always but found no luck even when we broke clear/got in behind them. Not his day.

FORREST – 6/10

See above. Another handled well by ruffians in sinister diamond sashes. But his attentions stifled meant space for young Ralston to maraud.

SINCLAIR – 8/10

Absolutely shite and absolutely brilliant. Miss of the season, then take-two tapped in with consumate calm. Underhit pen saved well by horror in royal blue. Sharp as a tack to get his hat-trick only to be denied by CHEAT with flag – another Hun for the MIB list; galvanised by Slippy G’s financial train-wreck, they all think they can stick it to the Tims with no consequences.

Sincy’s only lapse of cool was not to stand over the fanny in nets after his tap-in and giggle; Guaranteed sending-off. You can’t beat ripping it out of those excitable Hun millennials and their new-found entitlement.

BURKE – 6/10

Nahp. Can’t see the point. Boy looked rusty but willing. Moved well enough, eventually got more into it with some nice lay-offs. BUT… the point of him?
Perhaps this is a philosophical teaser posed by the board to stimulate the support into discussing Meinongian purpose? He’s surely just here to fill the gaps in and we’re surely not in the business of training up West Brom players to match fitness for them at the expense of hungry Celtic youngsters? Surely?
Surely…

SUBS:

Biton – N/A

Good to see the big guy back. I’m an advocate of playing him as a centre-back/defensive mid, particularly in domestic games when opposition bus-park.
He’s got tremendous passing ability, would fit into a flexible midfield 5 of Broon, Calmac, Biton, perm any two others, and allow us to go 2 up front by dropping in as part-time centre-half when required.

Weah – 8/10

Jeez, bhoy was a surprise to many. Guess who’s been playing with Neymar/Mbappe/Cavani? Class showed in his goalscoring cameo – GLIDES across the surface like a Kestrel on laudanum; going to be an exciting 18 months of this bhoy’s tenure if his start is a measure.
Incredible enthusiasm for the contest on a dreich evening – right there, the example to all kids hoping to cut it; play like it was yer first game with the big bhoys in the park.
Facilitating Timo up front in tandem with Eddie/Bayo MUST be BR’s future priority – never mind containing opposition – BLITZ them first.
Shame for the ears of the citizens of Liberia, however, as big George lines up 21 tanks for a salute every time his bhoy scores a goal.

Mikey J – N/A

Not enough time for an impact. Did howver, manage to raise the overall on-field average for good looks, not easy given the sheer heroin-chic ugliness of many opposing him.

BR – 7/10

Job done. -1 for playing Dedryck. -1 for playing Burke over Mikey J, etc, etc. -1 for holding back the subs too long. Get us into a 3-5-2 for domestic pish; see big Nir proposition above.

OVERALL – 7/10

Got what we wanted and more – a workout, a bit of a scare right on half-time, a great cameo by young superstar in the making, a great bit of goalkeeping by reformed supervillain, drama via Sonic the hedgehog’s polarisation at the other end, and a panto Hun baddie goonball in nets for the Kulchur Klub.

Crowd created a really good atmosphere despite the lag, the frustrating start, the level of opposition and the weather.

As has been commented on by you and many others – pitch looks a total state. There must be a farmer up near Pedro’s mansion with a bare coo field rubbing his hands. £1.5 million? Ye can get a more than decent heated driveway for that…

To sum up – TRIPLE REBEL TREBLE still on.

9 / 10 : spoiled it by bringing in needless reference to Meinongian philosophy when clearly the Celtic fans would have rejected this, as did Bertrand Russell , when he expounded his ''The Huns are dead '' theory . But full marks for trying !

Meinong's classic thesis ''There are objects of which it is true that there are no such objects '' surely upholds Russell's view that ''The huns are dead ''? Discuss !

Clydebank Football Club is a Scottish junior football club based in the town of Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire. The current club, formed in 2003, is a member of the West Super League Premier Division. The town has been represented by several previous incarnations in both senior and junior football. Wikipedia

Arena/Stadium: Holm Park
Manager: Kieran McAnespie
Capacity: 1,800 (205 seated)
Founded: 2003
League: SJFA West Premiership

But what happened to their professional License?

Did a New club from Airdrie called Airdrie United buy it?

An old article from 2009 talking about clubs in scotland who died.

Funny that 3 years later they all didnt die really. They, erm, just don't follow the legal definition of a clubs that existed then, and still, exists now, they fall under the definition of secret agreement clause signed by secret people to help pretend that one club in particular didn't actually die like all the other clubs that shafted their own shareholders and stakeholders through financiail skullduggery.

And, every legal court case that re-affirms the law on the definition of a professional incorporated club doesnt get aired in the politically correct MSM.

Yet somehow its improper to refer to a liquidated club in a secret agreement as a the old club and the new entity as a new club. The secret agreement binds both clubs under an as yet undefined non legal criteria.

They use a secret definition that must be complied with or they will call you a hater.

Try getting the law to enforce a definition that they consider childish though.

https://pitchinvasion.net/the-rise-fall-and-rise-of-clydebank-fc/

Last edited:
But what happened to their professional License?

Did a New club from Airdrie called Airdrie United buy it?
think they didTET,the current Clydebank appear to be totally new operation and have no connection with airdrie/airdrie utd.

Reactions: TET
Well, here's a first.

Primarily, thank you for anyone who appreciates the Ra/n/tings.

I've been at it for a while, amusing myself and occassionally others with my take on the matches- usually a way of tuning my heid in for some work.

Posted them over on CQN, then found this lively place.

These ratings represent a peculiar benchmark for me now, however - I've been kicked off CQN for the first time in around a DOZEN years or more of posting on there after complaining my current Airdrie ratings were moderated out due to the two sweary words in the opening 'quotes'.

Had my password and membership revoked at around 11pm on Sunday night after a tete-a-tete with a mod and some piss-taking sarcasm on my part. no longer allowed to log in, no explanation given. Just two faceless emails detailing my mail and pass changed. Any questions, contact site admin.

So I'm supposed to go crawling back and apologize? For what? Well over a decade of posting? Delicate sensibilities offended because they don't appreciate my contextual use of sweary words?
Here's one for you then - fuuuuck that.

Didn't see anyone here crying into their coffee about salty lingo. Taken with a pinch, as it should be.

So cheers, and sayonara, CQN. Any CQNers reading? No, I didn't flounce; got booted - there's yer testimony. RIP Sandman, from somewhere around 2005? to 11pm, Sunday 20th Jan 2019.

I'm no longer bi-blogal :whistle: Hello Celtic Noise.

Looks like you muthufuckas are stuck with me ranting and rating only here now.

And that line above would probably have me booted off CQN:unsure:

So it goes.

The future's green and white(y)

And me.:censored:

Well, here's a first.

I've been at it for a while, amusing myself and occassionally others with my take on the matches- usually a way of tuning my heid in for some work.

These ratings represent a peculiar benchmark for me now, however - I've been kicked off CQN for the first time in around a DOZEN years or more of posting on there after complaining my current Airdrie ratings were moderated out due to the two sweary words in the opening 'quotes'.

Had my password and membership revoked at around 11pm on Sunday night after a tete-a-tete with a mod and some piss-taking sarcasm on my part. no longer allowed to log in, no explanation given. Just two faceless emails detailing my mail and pass changed. Any questions, contact site admin.

So I'm supposed to go crawling back and apologize? For what? Well over a decade of posting? Delicate sensibilities offended because they don't appreciate my contextual use of sweary words?

Didn't see anyone here crying into their coffee about salty lingo. Taken with a pinch, as it should be.

So cheers, and sayonara, CQN. Any CQNers reading? No, I didn't flounce; got booted - there's yer testimony. RIP Sandman, from somewhere around 2005? to 11pm, Sunday 20th Jan 2019.

So it goes.

Sounds like some Celtic sites are run by the Stazi.

I once read that people who swear frequently are to be trusted much more, something to do with them being more honest when expressing themsleves.

If for one, dont think your swearing is by any standard prolific or deeply offensive.

Havent read everything you ever wrote. So cant really guage. You do look a bit like Jack Nicholson out his nut on swedgers if your photo is reliable. And maybe the sandman frightens some people as well.

Who knows? hahahahaha

Isnt the Sandman an evil demonic character?

I find your posts very entertaining and Honest. And your love of Celtic is undeniable. So strange one that someoneat CQN decided you are too sweary.

Perhaps the dude who booted you is struggling with his own Honest voice.

I enjoyed the live version from Moscow (quite possibly the biggest crowd in the wolrd history at that gig) with Ennio Moroconne (Ecstacy of Gold) from the Goiod bad and the Ugly as intro.

Dunno if its just a strange anomoly though but when the band are playing I swear their faces get twisted and distorted at certain points to look demonic (maybe its part of the deliberate effects by editor)

Gives me the willies sometimes when watching it though hahahahahaha

I think we can all agree , as do all the great philosophies ( Stoicism , hedonism , Marxism , Taoism , KeithJacksonism etc.. ) that ''Ranjurs are deid '' , and despite the great white XXXXXXL nilhilist thinker proclaiming outside Ibrokes ''The big hoose must stay open '' , it is clear that that closure has only been delayed .

XXXXXXXL ? That's not how I was taught to spell thug!
Made me laugh though, meh teechers musta bean wrang rite enuff.

Last edited:
Well, here's a first.

So it goes.

Sweary words are best used in context and thus have more impact .
For admin bods to discriminate over their use is at best hypocritical when you consider that it is a form of censorship as these are simply 'earthy' words from a bygone era , which our ancestors used in context when speaking .

I don't like the continual use of 'sweary' words as this is often just laziness and effectively reduces the impact of the point someone is trying to make .

Effective use of a swear word is amply demonstrated in the movie ''Planes , Trains and Automobiles '' , when Steve Martin has been stranded without his rental car at an airport . His frustration results in a deluge of ''fucking'' directed at the lady at the car rental counter - who patiently absorbs his rant until he finishes then floors him a response in kind - ''You're fucked !''
This scene is often dubbed on TV showings to censor the 'fucks' - and the scene becomes totally bland and ineffective .

So , Sandman , better being uni-blogal on here than bi-blogal in a place that says ''Fuck you ! ''
HH

Sounds like some Celtic sites are run by the Stazi.

I once read that people who swear frequently are to be trusted much more, something to do with them being more honest when expressing themsleves.

If for one, dont think your swearing is by any standard prolific or deeply offensive.

Havent read everything you ever wrote. So cant really guage. You do look a bit like Jack Nicholson out his nut on swedgers if your photo is reliable. And maybe the sandman frightens some people as well.

Who knows? hahahahaha

Isnt the Sandman an evil demonic character?

I find your posts very entertaining and Honest. And your love of Celtic is undeniable. So strange one that someoneat CQN decided you are too sweary.

Perhaps the dude who booted you is struggling with his own Honest voice.

I'm just pleased that you're here and entertain us so well with your critiques, Sandman. They're fucking brilliant. ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back