saudi led consortium at newcastle united

seven past niven

news that a saudi led consortium has made a 300 million pound takeover at newcastle has just been announced. it makes you wonder what if anything is being done at celtic to encourage investment. i am not suggesting for one minute that we could attract that level of input, but surely there must be some way the club can explore investment as we have a billionaire major shareholder who seems to have lost all interest in the club .there has to be other options available surely outwith our present level of stagnation in this area

news that a saudi led consortium has made a 300 million pound takeover at newcastle has just been announced. it makes you wonder what if anything is being done at celtic to encourage investment. i am not suggesting for one minute that we could attract that level of input, but surely there must be some way the club can explore investment as we have a billionaire major shareholder who seems to have lost all interest in the club .there has to be other options available surely outwith our present level of stagnation in this area
Big Mike has sold them down the river, the human rights abuses by the “consortium“ of Saudi Arabian princes, no amount of money coming into your club by people like these makes it right, I for one, wouldn’t be happy if our community aware, political correct, open to everyone club was taken over by Rich “filth” like these…….that’s the sort of thing the Klub across the city would do, they’d sell their granny for investment

Big Mike has sold them down the river, the human rights abuses by the “consortium“ of Saudi Arabian princes, no amount of money coming into your club by people like these makes it right, I for one, wouldn’t be happy if our community aware, political correct, open to everyone club was taken over by Rich “filth” like these…….that’s the sort of thing the Klub across the city would do, they’d sell their granny for investment
i agree totally with you but surely we can use our global influence to get investment from our own celtic minded sources who would have the best interests of the club at heart

sky payments to the epl clubs make it a closed shop , scottish footballs a back water under sold and not very marketable feckin league winners get peanuts so anybody with cash would look elsewhere

were a fantastic club set back in a shite hole bigoted country and surrounded by shite clubs who can hardly keep the lights on

if the newcastle deal goes through and slippy gets the job ,,,,,will he be the new souness in paying overinflated prices for sevco shit

Like your post SPN but will never happen who in ther right mind would invest or-plough into a league think we all know that’s corrupt to the core People in Scotland are paying for a rigged game for the benefit of one team. Aye Of course that’s way I see it ,even our own custodians (hierarchy)are in the mix ,oh how I would love someone like Wee Fergus to come on the scene ,after about 60years of following the hoops here there and everywhere it’s not for me anymore don’t get me wrong love the hoops to I die, to keep the duopoly of the so called (old firm.)To everyone else apart from us hoops fans, stinking ,rotten, boys club of masons
that is the Scottish Football Association so if these charlatans ,and shysters that run the game cannot get investment hard lines nae mere money and I couldn’t give a monkeys h.h forever Celtic to my last breath.

I could pretty much guarantee that, if we were taken over in the same way as English clubs have, (to become a toy that despicable Saudi oil-rich Princes play with) I'd quickly lose interest.

I'm at the point now where, if Celtic were no longer around, I probably would never watch another game of football in my life.

The game has been destroyed over the last 30yrs with the rich crushing the poor, as they do in all other facets of society.

Wouldn't open my curtains to watch Manchester United play Barcelona in the Champs League final if it was taking place in my back garden.

sky payments to the epl clubs make it a closed shop , scottish footballs a back water under sold and not very marketable feckin league winners get peanuts so anybody with cash would look elsewhere

were a fantastic club set back in a shite hole bigoted country and surrounded by shite clubs who can hardly keep the lights on

if the newcastle deal goes through and slippy gets the job ,,,,,will he be the new souness in paying overinflated prices for sevco shit
Slippy is a cheque book manager, he would get more money than a horse could shite if he went to Newcastle under new owners, that would hide his limitations for a while, and absolutely none of it would be spent taking any of the Unsellables with him.

The football on offer nowadays in EPL is much more about athletes/effort/endeavour than skill
In the old days when I was a lad everybody had an English team
Mines was Tottenham and my dad used to call me ‘the jinx’ cos I supported two teams that won fuck all
But even then Clive Allen, Gary mabbutt, huddle, waddle, ossie 🤷‍♂️ Some team
you could probably name almost every player in every team
The British game was primitive but there were some real talented guys and there were some real characters that people could relate to
But nowadays it’s mostly owned by foreign owners/sovereign wealth funds and each squad is like the United Nations
Each to their own but they’ve sold the soul of their game for piles of cash.
We take the example of KT at Arsenal. He’s a cracking player but the English love him cos he’s a throwback to a different time.
Not just the arsenal fans but most who watch the game.
Quiet, humble, unassuming and unaffected by money, fame and social media.
Put a pair of boots on the lad he’s a fucking animal with talent.
a throwback is all he is but he’s one of the few left down there
I away back to my drink
Commiserating another year 🍻

Imagine if Ashley bought 'them'........:confused:
I used to fear that m8 when he was trying to sell NUFC while retaining an interest at them
As much exposure as NUFC for a fraction of the cost
I always remember a statement he made
‘I can’t compete against other clubs owned by oil rich billionaires and sovereign wealth funds. Even if I spent £300 million in a summer transfer window at Newcastle it still wouldn’t guarantee me a champions league spot’
The day a billionaire realised even he couldn’t win was the day a proven winner in business decided, fuck this

I used to fear that m8 when he was trying to sell NUFC while retaining an interest at them
As much exposure as NUFC for a fraction of the cost
I always remember a statement he made
‘I can’t compete against other clubs owned by oil rich billionaires and sovereign wealth funds. Even if I spent £300 million in a summer transfer window at Newcastle it still wouldn’t guarantee me a champions league spot’
The day a billionaire realised even he couldn’t win was the day a prominent cen winner in business decided fuck this
He may look at them as entry into Europe for his Sports Direct Brand......or he may buy them and let them go stagnent....like he did at Newcastle.....

He may look at them as entry into Europe for his Sports Direct Brand......or he may buy them and let them go stagnent....like he did at Newcastle.....
Newcastle went stagnant through reasons above
But there’s likely no chance of him at ibrokes considering the water under the bridge
He could buy them for £1 and fuck them over cos he’s got a beef
I’d like that gravy

No mate , he’s retiring, he’s handed over the day to day running of sports direct to his son-in-law, he’s hated at castle greyskull, he knows that, it’s more hassle than it’s worth, he’s just take the millions that the huns continue to pay him and sit on a beach somewhere sipping a cocktail 👍

I could pretty much guarantee that, if we were taken over in the same way as English clubs have, (to become a toy that despicable Saudi oil-rich Princes play with) I'd quickly lose interest.

I'm at the point now where, if Celtic were no longer around, I probably would never watch another game of football in my life.

The game has been destroyed over the last 30yrs with the rich crushing the poor, as they do in all other facets of society.

Wouldn't open my curtains to watch Manchester United play Barcelona in the Champs League final if it was taking place in my back garden.
Very well put Khenny. If we went from being a club like no other, to being a club just like any other, well, that would spell the end of a lifelong passion for me. I've already lost interest in football in general. Not Celtic ?.....Not interested !

Members online

Latest posts

Back