Schaktar v Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called 1 1 and yea we had a good performance but you know what, we should have won that game out of sight.
if that had been say Hearts away I would think we would have been far from happy.
We can’t just be Ange happy clappers all the time ( I love him) but last night was very disappointing and we may well regret it come the end of the group stages.
Onwards ….
HH
I get that point Lmcbhoy and I had a 2-2 ( show aff 😂) .
You're right , we shouldve won that game out of sight.
At the same time we shouldnt lose sight of where we are Vs where we were 12 moons ago.
We werent even close to being able to compete in the champions league and had suffered recent embarrassing defeats in Europe to Prague(4 &4) Midtyland, Bodo/glimt , the first club to exit 3 European competitions in one season and lost our first 3 away SPFL games as well.
We also showed that we could compete in a tough EL group that saw us exit on 9pts ( 1 of only 2 sides not to qualify with 9 pts).

3 unbelievable windows later and, well I think maybe you're being a wee bit harsh ( not about we shouldve won) but just have to remember that this is the champions league.
Every club on their game has the ability to do damage to the rest such is the standard of quality.

You predicted 1-1 , I'm assuming that before the game youd have been happy with that scoreline?
I wouldve been , beforehand, especially given shakhtars result in Leipzig.
None of those two can be written off just as we cant.
RBL had a better opening two fixtures on paper than we did yet have 0 pts.
Donetsk now face Madrid twice on the bounce.

It's only after the game we're disappointed with the 1 pt.
Our first 3 games to the group, home to madrid followed by 2 away games, is a tough opening 3 games though all 6 are going to be tough.
1 pt from 2 of the opening games isnt a bad return given Madrid was one of them.

We cant of course, rely on Madrid or anyone but ourselves, still it's not a huge leap to think Madrid could win their opening 5 games .
If they do that and we win our home games we will have qualified before we go to Madrid thanks to that point ( a point we have recieved practically zero plaudits for, from SMSM), not that we need them or it's any surprise.

Hearts will recieve them for beating a side from Latvia and sitting above Fiorentina at present.

Of course its a huge 'IF' but with that Madrid side ? Highly probable.
We're a work in progress and our progress has been going really well.

You can see what the appointment of Marco Rose has had instantly for RBL, hes a fan, a good manager and it was into the 80 minutes before Madrid took the lead, 2nd came in injury time I think.
That's Madrid for you though regardless of who they're playing.

It will be a different kind of match RBL v Celtic.
Should we get another point over there and Madrid win again , then its really on, it's on now that we have secured an away point.

We look very capable of hurting any of these sides especially at CP.
For so long in Europe the rub of the green has never been with us, but the new mentality Ange has installed into the squad has seen us go from complete shambles to genuine last 16 contenders.

I also think we're ahead of schedule, who couldve foreseen 20 new players settling in as they have done and delivering like this?
Not myself.
Onwards and upwards HH

plenty of positives for Rangers’

Like they are Rangers for a start, like UEFA will not react to been upstaged, like 11 goals from three games is positive with no return, aye positive, positivly shite and burn out.
It's a positive for them that their internationally shamed, retired, un retired, soon to be re-retired, benched goalie, has more to offer than the no1 goalie ( who got injured from not playing fitba) 🤔 saved two penalties but it still made no difference.
GVB rung the changes and Napoli wrung their necks.

It's a positive for them that their internationally shamed, retired, un retired, soon to be re-retired, benched goalie, has more to offer than the no1 goalie ( who got injured from not playing fitba) 🤔 saved two penalties but it still made no difference.
GVB rung the changes and Napoli wrung their necks.
Could have been worse, could have been a team from Rome :ROFLMAO:

I called 1 1 and yea we had a good performance but you know what, we should have won that game out of sight.
if that had been say Hearts away I would think we would have been far from happy.
We can’t just be Ange happy clappers all the time ( I love him) but last night was very disappointing and we may well regret it come the end of the group stages.
Onwards ….
HH
Wisnae ange's fault but thay we didn't score more but so saying we cant
😂aye wi a sheet of sandpaper
Ya kinky bastard😂😂

I get that point Lmcbhoy and I had a 2-2 ( show aff 😂) .
You're right , we shouldve won that game out of sight.
At the same time we shouldnt lose sight of where we are Vs where we were 12 moons ago.
We werent even close to being able to compete in the champions league and had suffered recent embarrassing defeats in Europe to Prague(4 &4) Midtyland, Bodo/glimt , the first club to exit 3 European competitions in one season and lost our first 3 away SPFL games as well.
We also showed that we could compete in a tough EL group that saw us exit on 9pts ( 1 of only 2 sides not to qualify with 9 pts).

3 unbelievable windows later and, well I think maybe you're being a wee bit harsh ( not about we shouldve won) but just have to remember that this is the champions league.
Every club on their game has the ability to do damage to the rest such is the standard of quality.

You predicted 1-1 , I'm assuming that before the game youd have been happy with that scoreline?
I wouldve been , beforehand, especially given shakhtars result in Leipzig.
None of those two can be written off just as we cant.
RBL had a better opening two fixtures on paper than we did yet have 0 pts.
Donetsk now face Madrid twice on the bounce.

It's only after the game we're disappointed with the 1 pt.
Our first 3 games to the group, home to madrid followed by 2 away games, is a tough opening 3 games though all 6 are going to be tough.
1 pt from 2 of the opening games isnt a bad return given Madrid was one of them.

We cant of course, rely on Madrid or anyone but ourselves, still it's not a huge leap to think Madrid could win their opening 5 games .
If they do that and we win our home games we will have qualified before we go to Madrid thanks to that point ( a point we have recieved practically zero plaudits for, from SMSM), not that we need them or it's any surprise.

Hearts will recieve them for beating a side from Latvia and sitting above Fiorentina at present.

Of course its a huge 'IF' but with that Madrid side ? Highly probable.
We're a work in progress and our progress has been going really well.

You can see what the appointment of Marco Rose has had instantly for RBL, hes a fan, a good manager and it was into the 80 minutes before Madrid took the lead, 2nd came in injury time I think.
That's Madrid for you though regardless of who they're playing.

It will be a different kind of match RBL v Celtic.
Should we get another point over there and Madrid win again , then its really on, it's on now that we have secured an away point.

We look very capable of hurting any of these sides especially at CP.
For so long in Europe the rub of the green has never been with us, but the new mentality Ange has installed into the squad has seen us go from complete shambles to genuine last 16 contenders.

I also think we're ahead of schedule, who couldve foreseen 20 new players settling in as they have done and delivering like this?
Not myself.
Onwards and upwards HH
Well considered response, which I’ve not problem with.
However on the basis of all the great things we’ve enjoyed since Ange arrived it felt like a big opportunity missed. I appreciate the progress but with the chances we had it could easily have been 3 or 4.
Dont want to sound churlish because I’ve loved the last year but do feel our players let the manager down a bit.
Anyway, as you say, onwards and upwards.
HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back