Schaktar v Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a way too close encounter with a bottle of gin I was as sick as a squadron of septic Sevconians the day and assumed an 8 o'clock kick off. There were about 10 mins left when I realised my mistake. From what I did see it appeared we were very unfortunate not to win the game and given we were playing a Ukrainian team I'm not too annoyed at the result; especially considering away points in Europe are like hen's teeth. The Ange Revolution is a journey of continuous improvement, not a destination. Onwards and upwards!

Aye, there's a read for talking about hun pumping, We really need tae start taking our chances in Europe, hopefully UCL MD 3. Will we' get a win in Lepzig, another draw would do . Win 2 home games 8pts going. Into Madrid away. Last 16 here we come BUT WE NEED TOO TAKEE OUR CHANCES or it'll if only

🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿☘️GLASGOWS GREEN AND WHITE☘️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

And at least a point away at Leipzig gives us 8 points.
I thought pre-match that all the " Celtic are favourites , we wont have the ball as much" Celtic hype/talk from Donetsk manager was just the usual trying to take the pressure off his players.

⁰He was right though ,and his reaction to getting a point was one of sheer joy.
" we made the impossible- possible
The improbable - probable"

Whether hes talking about the 4pts from 6 or this game Idk, both maybe.
Two games for them now against Madrid.
Brilliant for us for Madrid to win both shakhtar games.

Beat Shakhtar and Leipzig at CP
Madrid to win in Leipzig
Would mean Shakhtar are out.
We could afford to lose in leipzig and qualify regardless of our result away to Madrid.

Cannot rely on Madrid or anyone else
Good decent chance of qualifying with that point.
Leipzig will be tough ( Marco Rose in temp charge there ) .
Play as we have done it's not unrealistic.

Really felt for Ange in that Ukrainian/English translated post match interview.
He's asked a question in Ukrainian that takes about 5 minutes to ask.
Honestly it was like something from one of those adverts where they rattle through " terms and conditions apply, offer open to existing customers only blah blah at 100 mph,
And after 5 minutes of a big long Ukrainian spiel some Scottish guy would translate it and say something like ,
"Ange, how important was it to get your first point of the champions league?"
He looked like he was demented and lost it nearly with one fool telling him to speak louder and into the mic.
Ange was looking at them as if to say " yous taking the piss?"

Last edited:
I called 1 1 and yea we had a good performance but you know what, we should have won that game out of sight.
if that had been say Hearts away I would think we would have been far from happy.
We can’t just be Ange happy clappers all the time ( I love him) but last night was very disappointing and we may well regret it come the end of the group stages.
Onwards ….
HH

So we have one of our best away European results in years yet the huns seem to be the focus of people's happiness...... unreal!! Rangers haters first, Celtic supporters second....like I said
Huz the misses pit yi oan the naughty step
Again

HH 😂

It shows how far we have come under Ange when we are disappointed with a draw away in CL.
Based on our last two performances I think we can finish second in this group- if we take oor chances. I think the crucial game will be Leipzig away. If we don’t lose that game I’m confident we will get second. We can be beat Donetsk and Leipzig at Paradise.

Take your word for it mate I heard his make believe team was Ross County…….sheep shaggers all the same
Aye, he is from Invergordon and was a Ross County fan, then got a few jobs in Aberdeen for several years where he started supporting Aberdeen. It is still normal for fans of Highland League clubs to also follow a "big side" and Aberdeen were winning trophies in the early 80s. I briefly met him once after an Aberdeen Deidco match when he was absolutely blootered and there was no hiding his love of the sheepies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back