Scotch

Got a bottle of this in the local Tesco reduced to clear @£20. Can't remember if I've had it before but assume I got a good deal.
iojob.10yov9.jpg
Got a bottle of that as a wee Christmas pressie from a friend, not tried it yet as I'm halfway through a dry January, Jura usually a decent malt so come first of Feb I might be out of commission for a few days 😂😂😂.

Like my whisky, from the top blends to mid-aged malts, always look tae see what the malt of the month is & pick up a couple of bottles, Glenfiddich is my fave malt, 12, 15 or 18yr old, but price is £35-45 for the 12 &15 so I look for it on special & use the wife & kids to get as many as I can afford, the 18 £95+ I watch for the Whisky shop doing promos £45ish for bottle or my son bringing a couple back from Dubai if duty free doing promo.

basically I allow £25 ish max for a bottle, Glen Moray is a decent one for about £20 ish, my local distillery Loch Lomond The Original £22-27 depending on where you buy it, Lidls Ben Bracken at £18 a bottle is another worth giving a try, Auchentoshan American oak another in the £22-27 price, sometimes on offer in Co-op, Asda for £20.

jura is one of the best Island malts imo & at £20 fill yer boots
Who needs a whisky guide eh?🙂💚

The smell geez me the boak,would rather drink Buckie.
It's an acquired taste Artur that you sort of build up over years. I like lots of whisky types , single malts, single grains, and blends as well tartan tim might slate me for this but I'm partial to whyte and McKay as well and liquors like glayva and drambuie. I'm also not turning my nose up to a bottle of jack D or some bourbon. I'll also drink buckle, another acquired taste. If you like your drink to have loads of caffeine in. As someone else said "fookn alkies' 😛

It's an acquired taste Artur that you sort of build up over years. I like lots of whisky types , single malts, single grains, and blends as well tartan tim might slate me for this but I'm partial to whyte and McKay as well and liquors like glayva and drambuie. I'm also not turning my nose up to a bottle of jack D or some bourbon. I'll also drink buckle, another acquired taste. If you like your drink to have loads of caffeine in. As someone else said "fookn alkies' 😛
Liked Jack D with coke on a night out but had a bad experience one night n whitied everywhere after drinking it 😆so that put me off that aswell.Am more a voddie n coke and jager bomb kinda guy haha

Cany get by the smell either ,its rancid stuff
Sure did !Did ye give it a bash?
The trick is to hold it in on the tongue for about 5 secs and then swalley it takes a lot of the sting out. Had a lovely peat tasting single malt in brodick arran which I think was just called the arran 10yr old lovely

The trick is to hold it in on the tongue for about 5 secs and then swalley it takes a lot of the sting out. Had a lovely peat tasting single malt in brodick arran which I think was just called the arran 10yr old lovely
Will remember that if i ever give it another go 👍

Nothing wrong with Mr Whyte & Mr McKay, like the grains & blends tae. One of my fave blends is Grants, I'll even drink the odd Irish Whiskey, but won't touch the American or Japanese pish

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Mr Whyte & Mr McKay, like the grains & blends tae. One of my fave blends is Grants, I'll even drink the odd Irish Whiskey, but won't touch the American or Japanese pish
I've never tried any Japanese whisky I like jack Daniel's the Tennessee sour mash but then I wouldnt call it whisky and it isn't its whiskey. Some would say same thing but would change that opinion on tasting it.

I like whisky but I find I'm still pished the next day after drinking it mostly just stick to beer now.
I had an episode a few years ago, we'd just moved into this wee cotswold village, only 2 streets in it. I went to the wee local county pub and since I was the only scotsman there thought I better do the decent thing and drink whisky. Pished as a fart, left the pub, no streetlights outside, I mean none at all, jet black. Couldn't find my house! I wandered back and forward for an hour but absolutely not a clue. Eventually I found a nice patch of grass under some trees and thought I'd bed down there till it was light, then i noticed a lit window and realised i was in my back garden! 😹
The next weekend a guy from the pub offered to walk me home at closing time!! 😹

I like whisky but I find I'm still pished the next day after drinking it mostly just stick to beer now.
I had an episode a few years ago, we'd just moved into this wee cotswold village, only 2 streets in it. I went to the wee local county pub and since I was the only scotsman there thought I better do the decent thing and drink whisky. Pished as a fart, left the pub, no streetlights outside, I mean none at all, jet black. Couldn't find my house! I wandered back and forward for an hour but absolutely not a clue. Eventually I found a nice patch of grass under some trees and thought I'd bed down there till it was light, then i noticed a lit window and realised i was in my back garden! 😹
The next weekend a guy from the pub offered to walk me home at closing time!! 😹
Fud!😹

Latest posts

Back