Scotland- Do any Celtic fans care?

my first Scotland game was v brazil in 1966,1-1 ah think stevie chalmers scored,watched bremner kick phuq oot of pele!!!! seen great games, v England at Wembley 3-2, heard huns booin jinky at hampden,but this is the lowest,i couldn't really give a phuq anymore!
MD the SFA will never ever qualify for a tournament and it is through them, they have a halll of shame that includes tax cheats, wife beaters racists and phuds all role models.

Couldn't care less...I hope Scotland get battered every time they walk onto the pitch...I hope that fat alkie gingerheeded fuckwit drops every Celtic player and fills the team full of shit english championship players...at least then our players can have a good rest and focus on Celtic..I hope EBT McLeish turns up for work steaming drunk for training and is sacked before he earns enough to pay back the taxman..
With the love-in the SFA have with McLeish i'm not sure turning up drunk would be enough to sack him. This is the guy who did walking away as soon as he was offered another job and yet the powers that be still have him in a job. What's a wee drink between brothers? ;)

Hope they get humped at every turn their as rotten to the core as their association and as for Mcfadden bumping his gums he's another in a long line of losers who have done sfa in the game but do their f.kwits bidding

As for Grant the soup must be good to work UNDER such losers i remember a long line of Celtic players being overlooked for hammer throwers going back over 50 yrs ,its the same today ,i went to my first Scotland game at 14 and left when they all sung the sash

Reading between the lines Griff is being lined up as a patsy for this mobs failings already Scotland managers are no friends of Celtic never have been
Had the same experience Kelly. Took my wee brother to a Scotland/N.Ireland game when I was about 12. Got a lift into the traditional hun end and the guy giving me a lift asked if I was a wee Mickey as he lifted me over. " Aye ah am. Get it up ye" I replied and ran away.
The whole game Johnston, Dalglish and any other celtic players got booed and abused.
And the crowd sang the Sash all afternoon.
Plus it was a crap game and Scotland lost 1-0. Never been back.
Before that I was a fervent fan but that experience disillusioned me for life.

Jimmy the greatest ever Scottish player Snubbed for been from the Royston and the Roch.
Historians pay heed to McGrory's Celtic record
Published: Wednesday 3 December 2014, 12.36CET

Known as 'Human Torpedo' and 'The Mermaid' for his heading prowess, Celtic FC's Jimmy McGrory set a target even Lionel Messi will struggle to match with 410 top-division goals.
by Alex O'Henley
from Glasgow
  • 2190408_w2.jpg
    Jimmy McGrory (right) in his Celtic heyday ©Celtic FC
More news

Lionel Messi's Spanish-record haul of 253 Liga goals for FC Barcelona inspired UEFA.com to seek out the highest-scoring players in Europe's leagues; Alex O'Henley pays homage to Celtic FC phenomenon Jimmy McGrory.
Related Items
James Edward McGrory, more commonly known as Jimmy McGrory, is Britain's leading goalscorer, boasting an astonishing tally of 550 goals in just 547 appearances in all competitions for Celtic FC and Clydebank FC between 1921 and 1937. Signed by Celtic's first manager Willie Maley, McGrory was loaned to Clydebank for a season, scoring 13 goals in 30 games for the Bankies before returning to Celtic Park, where he would proceed to become the club's record marksman.
Known as the 'Human Torpedo' and 'The Mermaid' for his heading prowess, although he was less than 1.7m tall, McGrory was the top league scorer in Europe in the 1926/27 and '35/36 campaigns with 49 and 50 strikes respectively. In 1927/28 he racked up 63 goals in all competitions, including a British record of eight goals in a single match against Dunfermline Athletic FC. By December 1935 he had reached a then world record of 363 career goals and he would go on to register another British record of 55 hat-tricks, one of which was netted in three minutes against Motherwell FC.
McGrory was likened by former Arsenal FC player Bill Paterson to a fearsome bull, with "shoulders like a young Clydesdale, neck like a prime Aberdeen Angus and a head the nightmare of every goalkeeper", while watching McGrory "hover hawk-like, then twist that powerful neck and flick the ball as fiercely as most players could kick it" gave journalist Hughie Taylor the most "tingling sensation" in football.
Celtic would try to sell McGrory to Arsenal who offered £10,000 for his services in 1928, luring him to London under false pretences to meet Gunners manager Herbert Chapman. Had he signed, McGrory would have become Britain's highest-paid player, but scoring goals in the hoops of Celtic clearly meant more to him than making money, the forward later saying: "McGrory of Arsenal just never sounded as good as McGrory of Celtic."
2190409_s3.jpg
©Celtic FC
Jimmy 'The Mermaid' McGrory
Remarkably, he played just seven times for Scotland but he claimed six goals, including a double against England in 1933 when his winner was greeted with such noise by the 134,170 crowd it gave birth to 'The Hampden Roar'. A recurring knee injury forced McGrory to retire in 1937, yet inevitably he scored in his final game against Queen's Park FC – his 410th league goal.
Amazingly, he had his weak spots – he only ever took three penalties and missed two of them – but his contribution is noted in the Celtic anthem, the Willie Maley Song:
"And they gave us James McGrory and Paul McStay,
They gave us Johnstone, Tully, Murdoch, Auld and Hay,
And most of the football greats,
Have passed through Parkhead's gates,
All to play football the Glasgow Celtic way."

Speaks volumes that he only got 7 games for Scotland.

Something I would never have known without that article. Great find.

Imagine any other country in the world having a player with that goalscoring prowess and he couldn't get game for the country.

Mcgrory goalscoring puts the best players in world into the shade. But Scotland didn't really need him.

Im sure I read somewhere that Ibrox hosted Nazi germany for a Scotland game. And they flew the swaztika as only flag over the ground?

This clip supports that idea

ah wee aside,apparently, Anderlecht and club brugge are being investigated for match fixing and corruption, the brugge manager was arrested,could'nt happen here could it!!!
Saw that the day MD, interesting did bankers not get imprisoned for corruption another incident that i believe happened here and was ignored.

the more I think about this,the more great posts I read,i'm getting well and truly depressed,ffs,the stella ai'nt even workin phuq mckeech and the sfa, bastaarts!:mad::mad::mad:

Imagine any other country in the world having a player with that goalscoring prowess and he couldn't get game for the country.

Mcgrory goalscoring puts the best players in world into the shade. But Scotland didn't really need him.

Im sure I read somewhere that Ibrox hosted Nazi germany for a Scotland game. And they flew the swaztika as only flag over the ground?

This clip supports that idea

McGrory scored in the games as well TET so no excuse.

Read the independent copy of that Belgian corruption story. Apparently one of the refs who been arrested was ref in celtic game in July. Instead of sticking picture of ref they put picture of Rodgers. Why would Rodgers picture be in that story. hahahaha. But if its going on in Belgium and we know its going on here, you can bet its going on across the whole game. Which might explain why so many criminals and dodgy dudes like a piece in the action.

Also could explain the vast sums of cash that appears to be getting thrown down the pan across the game.

Back